PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

MicroDude
04-16-2002, 09:11 PM
Im in a royal bind, i need someone to prioritize these items from most-needed to unnecessary hop-up...

IPD ESC // Quantum Micro
Oneway front diff
High quality motor
7.2V Battery
Soft tires
spring set
IPD racing chassis (the really skinny one)
Metal pinions

Other Info:
I have the stock motor, 6V battery, Dynamite Power Pulse ESC (Scary giant esc), stock front diff, rear ball diff, stock chassis, stock tires, stock springs.... :(:(:(

HO502cid
04-16-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MicroDude
Im in a royal bind, i need someone to prioritize these items from most-needed to unnecessary hop-up...

IPD ESC // Quantum Micro
Oneway front diff
High quality motor
7.2V Battery
Soft tires
spring set
IPD racing chassis (the really skinny one)
Metal pinions

Other Info:
I have the stock motor, 6V battery, Dynamite Power Pulse ESC (Scary giant esc), stock front diff, rear ball diff, stock chassis, stock tires, stock springs.... :(:(:(

1.IPD ESC // Quantum Micro
2.spring set
3.Oneway front diff
4.Soft tires
5.Metal pinions
6.High quality motor
7.7.2V Battery
8.IPD racing chassis (the really skinny one) nice choice

Lynch_Hung
04-17-2002, 02:31 AM
I've got the IPD chassis and IPD ESC you are talking about and it is just waiting for my car to be complete. I have everything except my aluminum gearbox and shredder receiver. I'll see if I can post a pic tomorrow.

Brian

TGRupert
04-17-2002, 07:23 AM
aluminum gearbox? are you talking about the front differential?

Nickolai
04-17-2002, 08:12 AM
if you are racing

1. esc
2. chassis (rear traction is a weak point of the stock micro chassis)
3. rear ball diff
4. springs (tuning agent)
5. soft tires (tuning agent)
6. motor and pinions
7. 7.2 battery (if you can use more speed on the track you run)

get the chassis with the slot in the rear spring plate (it provides more traction)

Make your car controllable before you make it fast (it will save you alot of repair money and frustration)

despite popular belief the front one way is not an upgrade. its a tuning agent if you carry good speed through the corners or your on a tight course you probably dont need it.

choose your motor based on how and where you will drive, not on what is fastest

MicroDude
04-17-2002, 03:02 PM
THANK you! I love u ppl!

FYI: I used to race an electric Traxxas Stampede (with the big chevron stock tires) on a carpet track w/ jumps, bumps, the works, until the race director finally got a new building. Most recently i raced a nicely-hopped-up XXX-T on a dirt (more like mud...:( ) indoor track, till i got pissed cause 3 turn marshalls stepped on my body on an average over a 2 week period. Now i race an RC10L3, which i can't seem to set up right for my driving style (Cut comm, load up, go to track, race 3 qualifiers, then get slow in the main -NEXT WEEK- handling is royally ****ed out.) So in case you're wondering, I do know a thing or two about driving smart. :D:D:D

Lynch_Hung
04-17-2002, 04:11 PM
No, I'm talking about the front gear box which is the lower a-arms and the plate holds the dif. (ie. gearbox) Look on ebay sometime, they sell them.

Brian

Mykroe
04-17-2002, 06:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1723485334 <----that peice

HO502cid
04-17-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mykroe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1723485334 <----that peice

Thanks Mykoe, thats exactly what he meant.

Mykroe
04-17-2002, 08:21 PM
No problem. I think that part really looks awesome, and for about $25 I think it's a deal.

MicroJunke
04-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Has anyone seen this gear box in purple? If so, where?

Thanks in advance...

xxtcrgp
04-17-2002, 11:10 PM
yourmicro can speical order them in for cheap

TGRupert
04-18-2002, 09:03 PM
I hate to be rude, but that part is almost usless exept for looking cool, and it looks really awsome don't get me wrong. Yeah it is a good price.

Woody
04-19-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by MicroDude
Wake up and smell the flaming crap, FIND OUT YOURSELF. I dont wanna speak for any of u other micro phreex, but ONE time is ENOUGH. PLEASE dont double post, its ***lord focking annoying, dOOd!

Some of us would like to help you, but if you treat people like the quote above, then you might have a hard time getting help. I agree that one post is enough, but some people only have this forum to go by.

MicroDude
04-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Sorry, just one of my more effective ways of getting the point across... before u even START to think of saying somethin, i know, i got issues i need to take care of

Mykroe
04-19-2002, 02:59 PM
yourmicro, what can you special order the peice for? I am interseted in purchasing one.

MicroJunke
04-19-2002, 09:31 PM
So am I... I'm interested in this part as well as alloy front upper arms in purple...

yourmicro
04-20-2002, 02:42 AM
Please email shop@yourmicro.com for details - thanks!

Mykroe
04-20-2002, 09:29 PM
yourmicro YGM and go check the tripmate part of the tinyrc.com forum...