Mondo
09-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Aah, a nice new Forum... :)

Pipeous
09-15-2003, 07:03 PM
What's a WWS Pro?

hpidriver
09-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Micro car from Germany. It's rear wheel drive, 4 wheel independant suspension, and stock motor is a speed 300.

xDS-i
09-15-2003, 08:10 PM
Akura2's WWS:cool:

Gwarmageddon
09-15-2003, 08:11 PM
It sounds like its going to be pretty sweet. If i were to get one i'd play around with it for a while, and then turn it in to a rally car. I think it would convert pretty easily.

hpidriver
09-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Gwarmageddon
It sounds like its going to be pretty sweet. If i were to get one i'd play around with it for a while, and then turn it in to a rally car. I think it would convert pretty easily.
Check this out: http://one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=1111
Pretty sweet, eh?

pkh
11-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Wow, not much activity here...

Anyone out there with one of these??

Any good sources here in the US to purchase these??

Thanks,

Paul

Intelligentsia
11-21-2003, 08:10 PM
www.intrepidrc.com

pkh
11-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Intel,

Do you have one of these? If so, are the German assembly instructions easy to figure out?

Thanks,

Paul

Intelligentsia
11-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately I do not have one just a BRP right now. Don't know about the instructions.

I have seen Akura 2's WWS and the cars are built very nicely. the shocks and f/r indepentent suspension are beautiful.

havy
11-21-2003, 10:23 PM
I agree / intel. I don't know why someone hasn't come up w a similar front suspension mod for the micro, I'm sure it's do-able:D

havy

Intelligentsia
11-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Not only is the suspension on the front of the car but the rear as well.

The WWS is a very nice little car.

Akura2
11-22-2003, 12:42 AM
I've got a new pic of my car with a new painted body on it...I'll post later tonight...right now Mrs. Akura and I are going to see the Cat in the Hat...:D

xDS-i
11-22-2003, 09:26 AM
:eek:

Akura2
11-22-2003, 02:02 PM
Here's my new pic

Pipeous
11-22-2003, 04:08 PM
That thing looks too sweet man. I should have hated1racings optima tuned and ready to go soon, but that little buggy is intriguing as well.

ALapDown
11-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Pipeous
That thing looks too sweet man. I should have hated1racings optima tuned and ready to go soon, but that little buggy is intriguing as well.

Pipe, is that the little Kyosho buggy from several years back? About 18th scale as well?

hated1racing
11-26-2003, 07:10 PM
it is 18th scale. should be fun. pipe, when will it fly?

Fringo
11-29-2003, 04:47 AM
Where can I go to find some more specs on these cars? I've checked around but aside from what the kit contains, I havn't been able to find much.

What's the wheelbase?:confused:

xDS-i
11-29-2003, 08:11 AM
150mm
http://www.intrepidrc.com/wws.html
http://www.wws-racing.de/118.htm

Pipeous
11-29-2003, 12:10 PM
I got the gws mini servo for it now, I am just reworking the steering linkage a bit. servo horn was futaba. dam need an hpi dual link steering setup. I have about 70 servo horns and none fit other than what came with it. Not quite wide enough for those 2 wires and it binds.
I traded some servos for some hpi stuff with a local, we just haven't crossed up yet. I will rob the micro for parts (the esc is coming from that anyway) when we hook up. I am holding a motor for his 8th scale from another bud so we are just waiting until he can afford the motor to do at the same time. My charger should be here mon or tues (hoping) and I will cycle the stick pack.

hated1racing
12-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Pipeous
I got the gws mini servo for it now, I am just reworking the steering linkage a bit. servo horn was futaba. dam need an hpi dual link steering setup. I have about 70 servo horns and none fit other than what came with it. Not quite wide enough for those 2 wires and it binds.
I traded some servos for some hpi stuff with a local, we just haven't crossed up yet. I will rob the micro for parts (the esc is coming from that anyway) when we hook up. I am holding a motor for his 8th scale from another bud so we are just waiting until he can afford the motor to do at the same time. My charger should be here mon or tues (hoping) and I will cycle the stick pack.

status check? no hurries at all just wondering what she is looking like.

Akura2
12-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ALapDown

Pipe, is that the little Kyosho buggy from several years back? About 18th scale as well?

Actually I have one of those but I haven't really run it because you can't get parts for it... it's actually 1/20 scale

It's fast and its pretty cool

Fringo
12-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Anyone know if you can put on some rubber tires on the wws pro instead of the foams?

Akura2
12-31-2003, 07:26 PM
NO word yet.... it seems that foams work better for 2wd cars...BRP, WWS and just about any other 2wd car uses foams from 1/12 scale up

Fringo
01-02-2004, 04:42 AM
Hrmmm... I wanted to see if this car would make a more realistic drifter for just messin' around with. I guess I'll have to live with massive chunking...

BTW, is the nitro available now?!?!!?!? :eek:

http://www.wws-racing.de/1_zu_18.html

The nitro version is just listed there now w/o any mention of it being a work in progress. :)

Intelligentsia
01-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Since I have been racing my car I have not had a single tire chunk.

ELF
02-25-2004, 09:28 AM
So I'm thinking of getting one of these beasties. I've sent out an email to the chap at intrepidrc.com and am awaiting a response.

So what can people tell me about the construction of the car? I know the upper/lower chassis is fiberglass, but what about the rest of the parts like A-arms, hubs, etc? What are the other materials?

Bearings: I assume it comes with the full set of bearings?

Would any of you folks who own one take some close-up pics of the front/rear suspension as well as the gearing arrangement for the motor?

Thanks all in advance!

LtB
02-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I don't own one, but few guys are racing them around here and the WWS is the winner, when driven by experienced driver.
All suspension parts are made of dural, including the shocks. Actually I've never seen anything to break on WWS.
The drive-train is little loud, louder than M18 for sure, which is caused by extra set of gears between spur and differential needed to make place for 300 size motor (you don't want to put anything slower in there, do you?).
Sorry I haven't any pictures...
Anyways, good luck and post some comment about how it feels to build it and drive it (I wish I could afford me one :rolleyes: )

ELF
02-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks!

Any of you owners have some decent closeup pics of the major components? What are things like the A-arms and motor mount constructed of?

Tires: I know this comes with foam tires, but will micro-sized TRC donuts work as well or are the wheels a different diameter?

Two-wheel drive: Obviously there's a diff involved, but I can't quite make it out in any of the pics I can find. The rear *is* independent isn't it?