PDA

View Full Version : Dual Link Problem

Sinful6
09-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Ahh! The little arm on my dual link setup is rubbing my belt!

I decided to sand it down a bit in hope to help correct this, but it didn't help very much. When the tires are straight, it rubs a little, and the further I turn my wheels to the right, the more it rubs.

My speed control (GM V3R) must sense this friction because it stops the car, and neither forward or reverse will work until I turn the ESC off, and back on again.

Does anyone have any idea on what I can do?

email: dcc@japan.com

-DC:cool:

Sinful6
09-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Anyone?

quietfly
09-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Sinful6
Ahh! The little arm on my dual link setup is rubbing my belt!

I decided to sand it down a bit in hope to help correct this, but it didn't help very much. When the tires are straight, it rubs a little, and the further I turn my wheels to the right, the more it rubs.

My speed control (GM V3R) must sense this friction because it stops the car, and neither forward or reverse will work until I turn the ESC off, and back on again.

Does anyone have any idea on what I can do?

any pictures to give us a better idea ?

Sinful6
09-15-2003, 02:14 AM
No pictures, but I can describe it accurately.

The little black piece which has a balljoint on one end, and threads onto the piece which connects to the servo arm. Beltside. You can see this piece from the bottom of the chassis when the tires are straight, and you can see it even better when the tires are turned to the left. It is the piece closest to the wheel/tires, and connects to the balljoint which appears to be on the front knuckle? The clearance between the bottom of this piece and my belt is very tight. Before I sanded the tiny black piece down, the belt would rub the bottom of it, obviously wearing the teeth on my belt down, as well as notching the piece slightly. As I turn the wheels to the left more, the little piece clamps down harder on the belt because of the movement of the servo arms.

Any help would be appreciated.

MalibuJack
09-17-2003, 11:02 AM
You can move the link from the bottom of the knuckle (the mount for the link and ball/cup) to the top.. It will chance the steering geometry a bit though which means you might need to adjust your servo so it sits a little higher.

Sinful6
09-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Thank you a lot MalibuJack, that straightened out the problem for me.