PDA

View Full Version : Socal Raceway on Oct. 4th

G_bruin
09-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Well I thought I would start the next thread since I have been out for the last couple of months and I want to get back in it. I was really bummed about this last weekend since it appears that the turnout was awesome.

Count me in for the next race!!

BLiND
09-08-2003, 11:36 PM
At the moment, count me in, but I may have something that takes priority, but I really doubt it.

yes, that was vague, but I want to go ;)

ALapDown
09-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Clear at the moment...but my life is like the weather.:rolleyes:

New restrictions to the stock class for October will include, in addition to those already in effect, a limit to the stock front and rear gear diffs and the use of rubber tires only, no foams. By November, month of the Grand Prix, we'll all need to abide by the full and final version of the stock class rules which include some tight restrictions, Mostly chassis and allowable upgrade stuff. It is my hope that these restrictions will achieve the goal that was set forth at the formation of this class: To offer a slower and CHEAPER alternative to the wild and crazy (but fun as hell) Open/mod class. All I can say about Saturday's stock class action is that it was a blast! BTW, top three qualifiers ran 4 cell/Speed 300 "type" motors. Not sure what everybody else was running, but I know 5 cells/mod and 6 cells/stock was also represented. Hey guys, chime in with what you were using!:D

Micro Moose
09-09-2003, 09:58 AM
For the Super Stock, I ran 4 cells in the stock holder with a wattage 370. Looking at the lap times we were not that much slower then the open class cars.

justinalamode
09-09-2003, 04:31 PM
count me in for oct 4th..

i will hopefully be in both classes, but i gotta get a set of the rules... im unclear still :p

ALapDown
09-09-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by justinalamode
count me in for oct 4th..

i will hopefully be in both classes, but i gotta get a set of the rules... im unclear still :p

Everybody be advised. I have a full set of rules that WILL be in effect from the November So Cal Grand Prix race (if it is a go) and beyond for the Micro Stock class. I know this is going to cause some confusion at first, but it will settle out after the Grand Prix. Actually, the timing of the Grand Prix is good. It will be a good time to get the word out that we have some firmly established rules for the Stock class. Below are the rules for the Micro Stock class for Ostober 4th. The final version will be posted soon which includes MANY MORE restrictions and will be in place for the Grand Prix (assuming it is a go) and will contiune for December and beyond. To clarify, I am allowing the final and most restrictive set of rules to be implemented in two phases, first phase for October and the second and final phase for November or December, depending on whether or not the Micro Stock class is run at the Grand Prix.

FOR OCTOBER 4th in order to be allowed in the Micro Stock Class your car must abide by the following:

Micro Stock Class

The intent of this class is to offer a slower and less expensive alternative to the exciting, but often pricey, Open class. These rules are a modified version of the September rules with more restrictions than were allowed in September. November or December, depending on whether or not we have this class for the Grand Prix, will mark the final phase of restrictions. Remember, if you think this class is too slow or restrictive, YOU are a candidate for Open class racing!!! Keep in mind that the intent of this class is to slow down and spend less.

1) The kit supplied front AND rear gear diffs (and stock rear axle P/N 72336) must be used. No front or rear ball diffs or one-ways allowed.
2) Motor/battery combos-
a) 4 cells and a “Speed 300” sized motor,
b) 5 cells and a HPI modified motor (P/N 1065) or equivalent or
c) 6 cells and the kit stock motor (P/N 1060) or equivalent.
d) The equivalent Peak and Orion mod or stock motors are allowed. Coreless motors are to be run on 4 cells only. NO brushless set-ups allowed. Any Nicad, Nimh or (alkaline if you want) cells are allowed provided each cell is rated 1.2 volts per cell maximum.
3) HPI rubber tires only, no foams allowed.
4) Any Micro specific body, 140 or 150 mm wheel-base, is OK.

Everybody please help me with getting the word out. Police yourself and help me tech on October 4th. I'll get this stuff down to So Cal soon for posting there, most likely by this weekend.

justinalamode
09-09-2003, 11:53 PM
i wanna be police .... OOH i wanna be police

my old CS name used to be SEXYpolice ...

hahahahha ... thanks for the set of rules glenn, i will surely have a stock micro

BLiND
09-10-2003, 01:45 AM
sounds good to me :)

I hope the next set of rules included an amendment for chassis restrictions, as I think thats a very big part of the class.

ALapDown
09-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BLiND
sounds good to me :)

I hope the next set of rules included an amendment for chassis restrictions, as I think thats a very big part of the class.
It does. The only hop-ups, other than the motor/batt combo, that will be allowed are going to be "reliability" items such as metal doggys and metal steering knuckles. The chassis can be cut to enhance rear traction, but no cutting/drilling to lighten anything. I have spelled out, even included part numbers, what will be required on the car. The only reason I saved the chassis restrictions for last is because tires and diffs are easier to change because most of us have the parts somewhere, if not in use already. Chassis work may take a little longer, so I've left that for the final phase of restriction. I'll post the full rules soon. I'm waiting to hear from So Cal on whether or not they'll be letting us run both classes in the Grand Prix in November.

Akura2
09-10-2003, 02:13 PM
No rear ball diff!?!... I don't even HAVE my gear diff anymore...:(

I might have a stock chassis somewhere around but right now.. My "stock" car is running a ratzas pro pan, Kit wheels, HPI rubber tires, HPI mini-servo steering upgrade, Gear diff in front, ball diff in the rear, 5 cells, and an HPI 45T mod motor.. it's set up per HPI's Challenge rules....

justinalamode
09-10-2003, 02:15 PM
wow, i didn't kno there were so many restrictions to keep it legit.

but i totally understand , as how it is supposed to be STOCK anyways..

akura , i might have a gear diff lyin around, just gotta find it, but i'll let you know

cant wait !

ALapDown
09-10-2003, 03:15 PM
The restrictions are tight. Remember, the intent of the class is to spend less and slow down a bit. The 5 cell/HPI mod combo was choosen with the HPI Challenge rules in mind. Look around, I'm sure somebody has a stock rear diff...oh...just read Justin's post more carefully. The intent of restricting the stock class is not really to get somebody to take a hopped up ride and turn it back into a stock car as much as it is inteneded to limit a stock car from being hopped up. I'm not trying to exclude anybody, but if you already have your car hopped up, leave it that way and race Open/Mod. This is the start of a new class in a world where almost every Micro owner has already hopped up their car, but we gotta start somewhere. I can see a point in time where a third class develops that allows full hop-ups with the stock motored set up. Right now, however, there is a greater need to get new blood in and not scare them off with either blinding speed nor budget wrecking expense. Keep in mind, the final rules will allow little more than the motor/battery upgrade and a very few "reliability", non performance enhancing upgrades. I'll post the rules soon. I realize that I will limit a few drivers who don't want to change their cars back to stock. All I can say there is come on up and join us in Micro Opn/Mod...the water's fine!!!:cool:

The soap box is free...

Akura2
09-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro Stock... Pro Stock... Pro Stock...

dhindo
09-10-2003, 05:31 PM
yep!! pro-stock,pro-stock,pro-stock!!!

BLiND
09-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I like box stock but with 370 motor personally...

dhindo
09-10-2003, 05:39 PM
i have a question...
since theres a lot of people racing the micros alreay like last week end, we had 4 classes, why dont we split it up to

1-box stock class

1- pro stock class

2-open mod classes(A and B)

i was just thinkking just to make it fair to all of the racers.... am i making sense?:D

ALapDown
09-10-2003, 05:56 PM
The problem with hopping up a stock car is that you spend so much on it, you might as well race Ope/Mod. If you put a chassis, ball diff front oneway, etc, you just created a car capable of handling 6 cells and a Big Block. What's the point of then down grading the power to 4 cells? Let me restate the intent of this class:

The intent of this class is to SPEND LESS and GO SLOWER. Emphaisis here is on the spend less component. This class allows a nearly box stock car to be competitive without the need to spend the money on all the hop-ups.

Question to all you out there who feel you need to hop-up your cars to race and have fun: Why do you feel that way? The box stock car is a ton of fun on the right sized track. It is bullet proof, handles good and will run for 40+ minutes on a charge. Now, racing on a 10th scale track is a different story. The track is so big, you need more horespower to make it interesting. You do not, however, need all the hop ups. Don't get me wrong, a fully modded car is a blast. Trouble is how do you convince a new racer that he needs to spend $150+ on his car, above and beyond the price of the kit just to get himself a competitive rolling chassis??? Then tell him that he'll be racing at blurring speeds against Pro level drivers!!! We're going to lose a guy like that. Like I said before, there will come a time when a Pro Stock Class will make sense...one step at a time here people. Now, before you tell me you "need" a hopped up car for stock, do me a favor and spend at leat one race night in the class...I TQ'ed on 9/6 with a box stock car changing only the rear tires, motor and adding the dual link steering kit. I had a ton of fun!!!

BTW, Akura and dhindo, you two do just fine in Open/Mod!:D

Remember, this class is not for everyone. It's up to you Micro racers, you want more variety as far as the classes go, show me the support...come on out and race so I can justify asking for a third class!

ALapDown
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by dhindo
i have a question...
since theres a lot of people racing the micros alreay like last week end, we had 4 classes, why dont we split it up to

1-box stock class

1- pro stock class

2-open mod classes(A and B)

i was just thinkking just to make it fair to all of the racers.... am i making sense?:D
I guess we were typing at the same time. I can't run a third class just yet. Like my post above says, we need the support first. What wasn't fair about the class? I ask that not to challenge you, but to get an honest response. My car was as close to box stock as you can get and I TQed. The restrictions will make it fair...or more fair.

Just so you all know, the top three qualifiers in the Micro Stock A ran 4cells/300 motor combo.

dhindo
09-10-2003, 06:08 PM
what i meant on being fair was to racers like me, akura and god knows who else?:D we set up the car to run ok, just using the stock motor then we wont get to race it...its ok if its really not possible to race it just yet...i just hope we get more support...BTY, congrats on your TQ!!!

ALapDown
09-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by dhindo
what i meant on being fair was to racers like me, akura and god knows who else?:D we set up the car to run ok, just using the stock motor then we wont get to race it...its ok if its really not possible to race it just yet...i just hope we get more support...BTY, congrats on your TQ!!!

I hear ya. That's what I mean when I say we are going to lose a few. Not everybody fits into one of the two catagories and I can't at the moment create enough catagories to cover everybody. No matter how I set up this first "Stock" class I know not everybody would be happy. People who have a car set up that fit the rules are happy with the rules. If you need to change, you're not gonna be too happy, naturally. Work with me here a little guys, I need each and every one of you to be a little flexible until this thing really takes off. Look at 10th scale:Novice, Intermediate Stock, Sportsman Stock, Pro Stock, Sporstman Mod, Pro Mod. Unfortunately, we just don't have the numbers of people to support that much variety. We need to build one class at a time. Saturday was awsome! 4 heats is the best we've done and Slim was happy to see it. Right now the need is to have the extremes covered. The two classes now offered do an OK job of covering fast to slow, Pro to Novice drivers and the all important cheap to expensive catagory. I recognize it is not yet perfect. Keep the stream of new blood coming guys, it will only help us out.

Oh and thanks! Wasn't tryin' to brag, I just wanted to demonstrate that it is possible to do well with a fully rules compliant car.

dhindo
09-10-2003, 07:09 PM
glenn, thanks for talking to me about this matter!!! i appreciate it so much!!ill have to build a new car to be able to race stock....:(

dhindo
09-10-2003, 07:11 PM
one more thing!!! when you guys said 4 cell its AA right? with the tray?

BLiND
09-10-2003, 07:20 PM
any 4 cells, as long as they are 1.2volts each, or come out to be exactly 4.8volts

dhindo
09-10-2003, 07:22 PM
i need to place an order to you soon then!!!LOL!!(you wanna sell your triton?:D)

BLiND
09-10-2003, 08:01 PM
pfft, that triton is my baby ;)

especially now that I've got my pc power supply all setup so that it works great with it, had to add a resistor to bump the voltage to stop getting errors on the charger

ALapDown
09-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey, build a new car is like this :D not like this :( !!! Blind covered you on the other Q. You need not use AA's nor the stock battery holder. You can solder your pack together. I might recommend the KAN's for batteries, they are fast. If you only have one car, you may need to build another. If you have more thatn one, fish around for the parts. Parts trees aren't too much and some guys even have them in their pit boxes that I'm sure they'd part with for a nominal price...Blind, you listeneing??? Let me get the full and complete posted of the final rules for Stock Class. They won't be in full effect until Novemeber, but at least you can all be gearing up. Remember, No foams and stock front and rear gear diffs for October!

BLiND
09-10-2003, 08:04 PM
october is gonna be fun :D

4 cells, 370, and otherwise box stock for me :D

I do have some spares in my pitbox, but I like to keep them there, I always break something important, thats why I bring 3 or 4 cars with me, lmao.

Oh glenn I did find my extra set of plastic knuckles, they were in my big toolbox, lol.

justinalamode
09-10-2003, 08:11 PM
so what exactly are the rules!! :p

i know i'll have my mod car , i just got my chassis in, and i ordered an exo2 ...

so i don't know which will run ...

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

BLiND
09-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ALapDown

FOR OCTOBER 4th in order to be allowed in the Micro Stock Class your car must abide by the following:

Micro Stock Class

The intent of this class is to offer a slower and less expensive alternative to the exciting, but often pricey, Open class. These rules are a modified version of the September rules with more restrictions than were allowed in September. November or December, depending on whether or not we have this class for the Grand Prix, will mark the final phase of restrictions. Remember, if you think this class is too slow or restrictive, YOU are a candidate for Open class racing!!! Keep in mind that the intent of this class is to slow down and spend less.

1) The kit supplied front AND rear gear diffs (and stock rear axle P/N 72336) must be used. No front or rear ball diffs or one-ways allowed.
2) Motor/battery combos-
a) 4 cells and a “Speed 300” sized motor,
b) 5 cells and a HPI modified motor (P/N 1065) or equivalent or
c) 6 cells and the kit stock motor (P/N 1060) or equivalent.
d) The equivalent Peak and Orion mod or stock motors are allowed. Coreless motors are to be run on 4 cells only. NO brushless set-ups allowed. Any Nicad, Nimh or (alkaline if you want) cells are allowed provided each cell is rated 1.2 volts per cell maximum.
3) HPI rubber tires only, no foams allowed.
4) Any Micro specific body, 140 or 150 mm wheel-base, is OK.

justinalamode
09-11-2003, 08:48 AM
so is the chassis still open?

i think i remember you posting something about the stock chassis w/ cut outs and blah blah somethin ...

sorry if im buggin !!:confused:

ALapDown
09-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Sightless, thank you for bumping the rules up. Next time, have your spare parts where I need them! LOL

Justin, run whatever chassis you want in October, but by November the full rules will be in effect which will include a limitation to the stock chassis. I'll post those soon.

Akura2
09-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Cool... then I'll run the setup that I have for now....

Ratzas pan
Front and rear gear diffs
Alloy doggys
HPI wheels (or other wheels since you didn't mention it)
HPI rubber
4 cells and a 280BB/300/370 or 5 cells and an HPI mod
steering kit (HS81MG)

I might still swap the chassis back to stock...it depends.. I'm not married to the ratzas..so I'd be willing to swap

Cool.. I'm all set then

Thanks Glen

justinalamode
09-11-2003, 04:25 PM
hey glenn, thanks a lot again for the info and to everyone else supplying a set of rules ..

i gotta start thinking of which chassis im gonna use now.... finally ill have a stock racer !!!

and a mod racer !!!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

akura, im glad to hear that you arent hooked on the ratzas chassis :p
stock exo2 racer! LOL

ALapDown
09-11-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Akura2
Cool... then I'll run the setup that I have for now....

Ratzas pan
Front and rear gear diffs
Alloy doggys
HPI wheels (or other wheels since you didn't mention it)
HPI rubber
4 cells and a 280BB/300/370 or 5 cells and an HPI mod
steering kit (HS81MG)

I might still swap the chassis back to stock...it depends.. I'm not married to the ratzas..so I'd be willing to swap

Cool.. I'm all set then

Thanks Glen

You're OK with just about everything but the chassis. I'm gonna allow the alloy doggys because they offer the reliability you need for racing. Nothing's worse than not finishing a race due to parts/equipment failure. I mught suggest you build your front diff per the guidelines on this website on the "Tips & Mods" page. Look for the article by Tony Leeone (sp?). He gives a step by step that is very effective for smoothing out the stock front diff and at the same time adding to it's reliability.

ALapDown
09-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Quick clarification Justin. You're OK as it reads for October. The chassis will have to be swapped out for November and beyond. Like I mentioned earlier, I'll post a full set soon, probably on a seperate thread.

ALapDown
09-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Quick clarification Justin

Uh...Akura I mean...dang, I must be tired or something...:D

dhindo
09-13-2003, 12:50 AM
amen!!! im ready for the stock class!!!!:D

Akura2
09-13-2003, 01:24 AM

I mught suggest you build your front diff per the guidelines on this website on the "Tips & Mods" page.

Actually, I've had a front gear diff in my "stock" car from the beginning...it already runs really smoothly....thanks though

ALapDown
09-13-2003, 01:58 AM
:cool:

guy1234
09-13-2003, 02:13 AM
i hope u guys get a hopped up stock class going soon :p I dont think I am good enough at driving for mod but i dont like having a non hopped up car.

anyways ALapDown you were saying we dont want to discourage new racers with our faster cars or something to that effect. you guys with your faster cars just encouraged me to get my car better :D

ALapDown
09-13-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by guy1234
i hope u guys get a hopped up stock class going soon :p I dont think I am good enough at driving for mod but i dont like having a non hopped up car.

anyways ALapDown you were saying we dont want to discourage new racers with our faster cars or something to that effect. you guys with your faster cars just encouraged me to get my car better :D
Now that's the spirit!:cool:

Come on out and race. if it's hopped up, slap it down in Open/Mod class. Pull the trigger and have more fun than you ever thought possible with your clothees on!!! See ya at So Cal man...

guy1234
09-13-2003, 12:38 PM
heh yea ill be there if I can get there :D

ALapDown
09-13-2003, 11:06 PM
:cool:

rogotiz3
09-19-2003, 12:43 AM
What time will it start? I get off school at 4:00 pm and I'm like an hour away or less, Would I make it to the stock class races? What time does everything start and what time does it end?

Intelligentsia
09-19-2003, 12:58 AM
The festivities begin at 6pm and end at around 10pm on Saturday evenings.

rogotiz3
09-19-2003, 01:44 AM
YIPPIE !!!! FINALLY BREAK TIME FOR ME!!!
How many people and racers are expected to come?
For sure i'm going, I need fun!!! Full time 6dayaweek jobs and allday sat school is a lot of work! Alrighty anything else I might have to bring? Money?

are alloy wheels with rubber tires allowed?
Also is the track really technical, lots of sharp turns?

What's the best aerodynamically made 140 body so far?(FOR THE SLOWEST CLASS LOL )

dhindo
09-19-2003, 01:50 AM
there should be more people this coming race than the last one, we(micro) had 4 classes last race...just bring your tool box and $10 per class,$5 for the transponder and food money...then you should be good for the night....see you there!!!!BTY, just im my group there will be atleast 8 people already.....be there early as possible to get a good pit area...

BLiND
09-19-2003, 02:19 AM
why would you want to use alloy wheels?

pretty much bring $20 with you and any spare parts or tools that you could possibly need. There is a jack in the box in the same parking lot so food is easy to get.

rogotiz3
09-19-2003, 02:23 AM
Are alloys allowed in stock? I might want alloys if their lighter then a stock 2 part wheelset? is it worth it though?

BLiND
09-19-2003, 02:24 AM
they arent lighter, and they bend very easily. they're a waste of money for anything except shelf duty

Intelligentsia
09-19-2003, 02:24 AM
I personally do not know anybody who races with the alloy wheels.

ALapDown
09-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by rogotiz3
Are alloys allowed in stock? I might want alloys if their lighter then a stock 2 part wheelset? is it worth it though?
Not come November. October will be rubber tires only, stock front and rear gear diffs. Check the thread out for the November rules, which will be the final rules for the Super Stock class at So Cal. Rialto is using these as a model for their Stock class rules too. I believe they only changed the motor/battery options to just 6 cell/stock motor. You don't really want to race with those wheels anyway. Have you raced before? blip one board and your expensive alloy rims could be ruined. I'd hate to see that happen to anybody out there. Remember, the intent of the Super Stock class is to slow down a bit (from Open/Mod speeds) and spend less (very limited hop-ups allowed). At any rate, inner hubs are only $4 a set. I have some extra HPI rims that I can bring down to the track if you don't have any. On 9/6 I TQed with HPI 4716's on the rear and the kit standard 4713's on the front. The car was box stock except for the HPI dual link steering upgrade (recommended) and the motor of course. I ran 4 Nimh AA cells with a Speed 300 motor. I say this to demonstrate that you don't need the hop-ups to do well in the class...BTW, GreenHoverCraft got me in the main!!! :D I had to settle for second.;)

rogotiz3
09-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Coo, thanks for the info on alloys! Is it a super tech track?

I was looking at the rules, is it against the rules to put mesh inserts on the body like where the front damn and side dams are?

ALapDown
09-19-2003, 02:58 PM
No, go ahead. I think the body will function better without all the holes, but it will look pretty cool. If you're doing it for the looks, that's a really cool idea. I don't have a problem with people cutting/drilling holes etc in an attempt to fine tune the handling. Just make sure that you can still recognize the car that the body is modeled after!

justinalamode
09-24-2003, 08:55 PM
this event is right around the corner !!!

can't wait .... it's already been a freakin month !!

thats crazy

Intelligentsia
09-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Yep, only ten days to go!

G_bruin
09-26-2003, 12:07 AM
I just landed some football tickets for that night, so I'm out again. I would have loved to be there with all the new shiny black and red Moteks...

Have fun guys.

Intelligentsia
09-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by G_bruin
I just landed some football tickets for that night, so I'm out again. I would have loved to be there with all the new shiny black and red Moteks...

Have fun guys.

I am sorry to hear that. Have fun!

justinalamode
09-26-2003, 08:55 AM
where are those? i wanna see!

8 days left ... i can't wait

how many people estimated are gonna be racing micro class? this will be an interesting race indeed.

see you guys at socal

Micro Moose
09-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by G_bruin

Have fun guys.

Football tickets for your Bruins? Did they pay you to take them?

Ok sorry, that was too easy. I'm a Cal Poly SLO grad and we barely had a division II team.

G_bruin
09-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Ouch, that was low... hehe, much deserved though. A buddy of mine with season tix decided to stay home and watch the SC game instead. So I guess he was paying me off to go see it...

rogotiz3
09-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Are micro rs4's rearwheel drive only cars allowed to race?

Intelligentsia
09-27-2003, 06:58 PM
I believe that they would need to race in the modified class.

MOTEK RACING
09-27-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by justinalamode
where are those? i wanna see!

8 days left ... i can't wait

how many people estimated are gonna be racing micro class? this will be an interesting race indeed.

see you guys at socal

I predict atleast an A and B main for open micro and then the mains for stock. Some factory guys are supposed to be coming out for open class :)

ALapDown
09-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by rogotiz3
Are micro rs4's rearwheel drive only cars allowed to race?
Not for Super Stock. Go for it in Open/Mod if you'd like.:)

ALapDown
09-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by MOTEK RACING
Some factory guys are supposed to be coming out for open class :)
In addition to you, Orlando, Thad, etc...???

RadiShack
09-29-2003, 06:19 PM
I might make it Only if the other VIP guys are going.:And i solved my glitchin problem to this time!:D
________
Ipad cases (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

BLiND
09-29-2003, 10:25 PM
anybody with an exo2 have a setup they'd like to share for socal?

Intelligentsia
09-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Why don't you figure it out when you get there.

What time do you plan on getting there?

RadiShack
09-29-2003, 11:15 PM
ur motor u sold me ithink is just exactly the same as all the other speed 300s to orion bigblock chubby etc.But thanks for the cheap deal!:) :D
________
Justin Bieber Fans (http://justinbieberfan.info/)

Intelligentsia
09-29-2003, 11:24 PM
It is definitely not the same. Maybe you need to check some motor specs.

RadiShack
09-29-2003, 11:37 PM
Its a mabuchi motor right?or did u tune the motor ur self or something,because it look pretty close to my chubby.........
________
xxKATRINxx (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/xxKATRINxx/)

BLiND
09-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Intelligentsia
Why don't you figure it out when you get there.

What time do you plan on getting there?

whats the fun in that? lol.

probably around 2pm like usual, but I may be held up by other things. The cars for the vegas show arrived and I need to get a bunch of them setup on sat. and test how they run on the tracks.

ALapDown
09-30-2003, 06:30 PM
anybody with an exo2 have a setup they'd like to share for socal?
I've spent some time at So Cal, almost daily since I got my car together. I've worked out every possible handling flaw and have my car so dialed it scares me. My lap times are faster than the Sportsman Stock 10th scale guys.

BTW, I know this isn't the forum for it, but does anybody wanna buy a bridge?

BLiND
09-30-2003, 10:05 PM

will that bridge let me go across the ocean?

ALapDown
10-01-2003, 12:34 AM

will that bridge let me go across the ocean?
Welll...part of it...

Thinking about going to So Cal to get a few laps down on Thurs if you're interested...just thought I'd let you know as I had said I would.;)

MOTEK RACING
10-01-2003, 01:56 AM

In addition to you, Orlando, Thad, etc...???

Yessir! And possibly Charlie and Tyree from Novak...

Akura2
10-01-2003, 09:43 AM

I've spent some time at So Cal, almost daily since I got my car together. I've worked out every possible handling flaw and have my car so dialed it scares me. My lap times are faster than the Sportsman Stock 10th scale guys.

That's funny

I was out there from 3am until 6am this morning and my open mod micro is mad dialed... My lap times are faster than pro mod 1/10 scale and I was driving in reverse...

MicroChoady
10-01-2003, 10:52 AM

That's funny

I was out there from 3am until 6am this morning and my open mod micro is mad dialed... My lap times are faster than pro mod 1/10 scale and I was driving in reverse...

Stop,stop, you guys.........
LMAO.....
I am laughing so hard I am in tears........:p :p :p

MicroChoady
10-01-2003, 10:56 AM

So that makes:
Mike, Orlando, Thad, Charlie, Tyree, Brion........
Hopefully thay can all make it.

I guess I will be in the C main!
Can't hardly wait!
3 more days :D

Micro Moose
10-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Only 3 Days??? OMG I need more stock parts. <runs around to all the hobby shops like a headless chicken>

BLiND
10-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Brion (Penguin) will be at the race?

I'll be happy to finally put a face to the name :)

Intelligentsia
10-01-2003, 05:26 PM
Hey Blind,

I received the stuff today! Everything is there. That flex plate is ultra soft.

BLiND
10-01-2003, 05:45 PM
sweet :D

burps are going to burn up the track ;)

p.s. internet was turned off because I was "abusing" their email server, they thought I had that worm/virus thing. Just got off tech support where they baby walked me through running a cleaner, that came up with nothing to clean, lmfao.

I told them how much email I do everyday, and he was like, hmm...well I'll forward this to the next level up....

but I still am facing having my cable turned off AGAIN in 24hrs unless I stop "pinging the gateway"

nucking idiots, couldn't tell a cable modem from a monitor....

ALapDown
10-01-2003, 06:52 PM

So we're all fighting for...let's see1,2,3,4,5...6th place?!?

ALapDown
10-01-2003, 07:26 PM

That's funny

Was that you getting there just as I was leaving?

Reverse...psssh...I didn't even have tires on my car...and I had my eyes closed...and I was only using one cell (Damn those KANs are good!)...and my dog ate my homework...WHAT THE?!?!??...Hey! Who are you all and why are you all typing on MY computer...the voices...THE VOICES...AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

RadiShack
10-01-2003, 07:54 PM
I was atSOCAL track and my stock micro was 10x faster that expert mod 10scale guys!!OMG!!!

{just kiddin]
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

RadiShack
10-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Can the micros have their own practice sessions on saturday?Because the 10 scale guys just hate me alot and they like to pound on my poor defenslesss micro.....So please have a practice session just for micros on the track so the 10 scale guys wont hit me..:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
________
DianaAngel (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/DianaAngel/)

BLiND
10-01-2003, 09:18 PM
if a 10th scale hits my micro on purpose I hit them, pretty simple ;)

MOTEK RACING
10-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Someone should run an enforcer micro during practice- you know, load it up with lead weights and hunt down any 1/10 scale cars that punts a micro! Jam car baby :)
We should though see if we can get a 10 minute practice session... if they can't do that then we'll all just have to run practice at the same time- that way we hog the clips and the drivers stand.

BLiND
10-01-2003, 11:40 PM
if somebody provides an esc that can support a 14x2 motor I'll run the 540 micro during practice, that sucker weighs 23oz fully loaded and goes 50+ ;)

That car usually clears the track once I start hitting a couple corner dots, it literally fly's then....

Akura2
10-02-2003, 12:00 AM
Someone should run an enforcer micro during practice- you know, load it up with lead weights and hunt down any 1/10 scale cars that punts a micro! Jam car baby :)

WOW I haven't heard the term Jam car since my old TCR days...

I'm dating myself.. I'll shut up now

ALapDown
10-02-2003, 12:32 AM
Can't we all get along?!?

Although I like the idea of a seperate practice session and it doesn't seem too much to ask, I think we will just end up pissing off every other racer at that track. Most 10th scale guys don't like us being out there to begin with. I'm not so sure that we should approach them with the idea, remember it US (18th scalers) invading THEIR (10th scalers) turf. We need to slowly gain the respect of all at the track. I know you guys are gonna do what you want regardless of my post, but don't say I didn't warn you.

BTW Mike, why are you worried about a seperate session? Seems I remember you out there just flat out workin' those 10th scale cars over!!!
:D

RadiShack
10-02-2003, 12:33 AM
If we cant have our own practice then hog the frequencies and driver stand!Ill even add 3 pounds off lead weight to punk the 10 scales!

By the way good job mike in tcs!I saw u there too!
________
Problems With Nexium (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

MOTEK RACING
10-02-2003, 12:38 AM
That's why some of them don't like Micro's... it's very embarrasing getting passed by one :p
And hey- don't sell yourself short with '6th place'! It's finally fair now that you have the '2' chassis also!

MOTEK RACING
10-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Thanks Radioshack! I saw your call sign but wasn't sure if you were the same :)

RadiShack
10-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Last time a mod 10 scale hit my micro from the pit[where u put ur car down]!!!???My car just flew like 50ft to the fence....Who ever it was,They fried my 90 dollar receiver,The KO onefor mars R..........I mean why did i 10 scale overshoot into the part of the track where we pu t our cars down?Thats why i was glitching that day on the race....I was mad....So therefore we need aseperate practice session for micro....PLZ...I spent another 90 dollars on anew receiver and hopefully not 150 for a new esc........
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

ALapDown
10-02-2003, 09:26 AM
Mike,
Oh it's always been fair. I can't really blame getting put 3+ laps down to you an issue of fairness...is that a word?!?? I think given the potential competition, I'd be happy with 6th!!!:D...but I'll be trying like heck to do better!

Everybody,
If you want to ask for a seperate practice session, go ahead and ask. I'm not gonna ask at this point. Slim may well be willing to let us and personally I'd love to have the chance to do that. Like I said before however, I wouldn't recommend it because I think it'd just piss off the rest of the racers who, BTW, the track is designed for. RS, what that 10th scale guy did to you was bull, but if we start fighting with them, they're gonna win. We are down there once a month, it's a simple business decision on the part of So Cal. Give it time for the Micros to become a bit more accepted. I can approach Slim a little ways down the road and ask for the session. Last month we had four heats of Micros! That was fantastic, but we need to keep that momentum and then some before we can start placing demands on the track. I was racing off road the other night and there were five heats total for the night! Pretty crappy, don't you think? We show So Cal that we can give a steady 4+ heats on our race nights, money in their pockets, then we start to build a little leverage to where we can make some demands. I've seen this all before and fighting with the bread and butter business is a losing proposition. Do what you will guys, but please don't let your anger (justified as it may be) screw up this racing opportunity for everybody. Cool heads, that's what we need right now. I hope Tyree does show up as people like him go a long way in validating our existence.

Intelligentsia
10-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Also,

for those of you who don't know, SoCal has (or will be)raised their prices from $10 to $12. $17 for those of you who need transponders.

I am not 100% as to whether or not this has yet taken effect but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

MicroChoady
10-02-2003, 11:08 AM
RShak,
I feel for you man....
It pisses me off too that that kind of stuff happends. :mad:

But I gotta agree with ALD on this.
We don't have the "clout" to ask for more special favors yet.

Unfortuneately, it looks like we need to wait until
traffic gets lite before putting our cars on track.

I know we all want as much "behind-the-wheel" time
as possible, but I don't think it's a good idea to ask any more
favors yet.

It is their (1/10) track and we are running on it.

BTW- We are gonna have the same problems
when the MiniT comes out.

Lastly, years ago I joined a Model Boat club.
Mostly older (retirees) guys. Some of us ran fast electrics
and asked for some time on the Lake.
We got it, for about a month, then they kicked us all out.....
So remember the old Chinese Proverb:
"Becarefull what you ask for, it may come true"

Just my $.02

ALapDown
10-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Also,

for those of you who don't know, SoCal has (or will be)raised their prices from $10 to $12. $17 for those of you who need transponders.

I am not 100% as to whether or not this has yet taken effect but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
$12 now in effect!

RadiShack
10-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Ur right,i wont ask for anything.......This is just part of racing anyways...But it hard for me to get money like 90 dollars a reciever!Im just 14 years old my alowance takes time!But im cool with it.I just hope i dont get hit from where u put ur car down again!:D :D
________
Herbal Vaporizers (http://herbalvaporizers.info)

patrick
10-02-2003, 10:52 PM
theres a super stock class for the micros ryt coz thats the only car that i have.....and to give support to the guys that want that class, i hope this helps!!!!

justinalamode
10-02-2003, 11:03 PM
super stock or stock ... i guess its all one class ...

you got the set of rules though right? make sure you check em out before you get your car together..

see you in 2 days guys!!!

hopefully i can whip up a crap 255 stock car for the hell of it !!!

Frank McKinney
10-02-2003, 11:58 PM
I guess Thad didn't mention to anyone that I'll be there with him. :) Moving up to mod class since I don't want to take my car apart, but I have to toss in the Big Block anyway.

Intelligentsia
10-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Frank McKinney
I guess Thad didn't mention to anyone that I'll be there with him. :)

Who are you?

justinalamode
10-03-2003, 12:21 AM
lol ....

who is this Frank ?

ALapDown
10-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by patrick
theres a super stock class for the micros ryt coz thats the only car that i have.....and to give support to the guys that want that class, i hope this helps!!!!
That's the spirit patrick, we would all appreciate and welcome the support. Don't sell the class short, it's a ton of fun! For Saturday, just make sure you are running the stock fron AND rear gear diffs and rubber tires, no foams. For November, please have your car in full compliance with the rules, they have been posted on the West Coast board and I'll have copies on Saturday. Thanks for the support, see you on Saturday!

ALapDown
10-03-2003, 01:00 AM
Oh BTW Thad, when are Kent Klausen and Shaun Ireland gonna come outa retirement and race with us. Those guys were 12th scalers so I would think this would appeal to them. I bet half the people on this board have never even heard of those two!

MOTEK RACING
10-03-2003, 02:20 AM

Who are you?

It's Factory HPI Frank, Thad's partner in crime! Glad you can make it out Frank for open micro ;)

Micro Moose
10-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Only 1 more day...

I've got an extra axle but still have to pick up an axle nut so I can build a stock rear end with out disassembling my ball diff. Guess I'll just stay in headless chicken mode.

See you all Saturday.

Intelligentsia
10-03-2003, 09:38 AM
May the force be with you grasshoppa!

ALapDown
10-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Micro Moose
Only 1 more day...

I've got an extra axle but still have to pick up an axle nut so I can build a stock rear end with out disassembling my ball diff. Guess I'll just stay in headless chicken mode.

See you all Saturday.
Lazy, aren't you?!? Is running around easier than just taking your ball diff apart?!? You worry me Moose!

ALapDown
10-03-2003, 01:31 PM
BTW, I received the two screws and replacement damper parts (graphite pieces and larger washers) yesterday in the mail yesterday. Thanks Mike!:D Had the car on track last night (without the new parts) and I did manage to get one of the original washers to pop out...let's just say that a dot and the unexpected punch/speed of my new KANs got the better of my driving ability. Nothing broken, but man what a flight!

BLiND
10-03-2003, 05:19 PM
good news guys, my case of 250 zapped KAN's arrived this afternoon.

if any of you need batteries *for* tomarrow (ie built) let me know now so I can get some done tonight.

ALapDown
10-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Can you hold me about 20 cells? And if you can do that will you give them to me for a shiny nickel???...Each of course!!!

BLiND
10-03-2003, 05:41 PM
lol, if the nickles magically spread wings and grabs your wallet for you then maybe :D

tomarrow will be a blast gentlemen! (and glenn :p)

Intelligentsia
10-03-2003, 05:47 PM
I just finished my car!!

BLiND
10-03-2003, 05:49 PM
well that was cutting it a bit close, lol!

my only car that is really ready is stock, so I may not run the motek depending how it handles during practice, I dont have any soft orion foams

Intelligentsia
10-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Set up and run the other car! You will have all of the stuff.

justinalamode
10-03-2003, 06:07 PM
is anyone running a stock on a pan chassis? is that what most people usually do for the stock class?

hmmmMMMm

BLiND
10-03-2003, 07:50 PM
want to know what everybody runs in stock?

look at the micro rs4 box, then imagine a 370 motor and 4 cells in a pack.

I added 3 other parts to mine: titanium antenna kit, dual link servo saver/hs-81mg, hpi steel dogbones.

stock means stock, its not that hard to understand ;)

RadiShack
10-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Francis and ty will be there to.I got my mod micro ready as well and this time im not running lithiums![only because u guys make me get scared of my own batteries].And my micro is not light any more either so that way the 10 scales cant punk me anymore....its as heavy as the 540 conversionkit!{just kiddin}

See ya all there!
________
Maine Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

ALapDown
10-04-2003, 01:29 AM
lol, if the nickles magically spread wings and grabs your wallet for you then maybe :D

tomarrow will be a blast gentlemen! (and glenn :p)
Thanks for including me. You still upset about the lube comment?!? I simply meant that you are very knowledgeable...when it comes to grease...and maybe other forms of lubrication...that's all.:D

Justin, I bumped the Super Stock class rules up the board earlier today to refresh everybody's memory. For tomorrow you must run the front and rear gear diffs and rubber tires at a minimum. Blind cut to the chase pretty well there as far as the Super Stock class come November. 9/6 I ran box stock except for the rear tires (used HPI 4716's), the HPI dual link steering kit, the GT1 and the motor and plate of course. I even ran AAs. It was fast enough to TQ with. I'll be trying KANs this time out and GH aluminum doggys because when I rebuilt my car I noticed that one of the stock doggys was in need of replacement, the screw hole to hold the hub on was stripped. Box stock+ motor/batt and reliability items is what we are trying for here.

BLiND
10-04-2003, 03:03 AM

Thanks for including me. You still upset about the lube comment?!? I simply meant that you are very knowledgeable...when it comes to grease...and maybe other forms of lubrication...that's all.:D

pfft, I'll act like I didn't read that, lol.

Frank McKinney
10-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Good racing with you gents! I had to get 6-cell packs to keep up with the Open class guys, which made it way out of control, but I promise I'll have my car more in tune next time! I'll have to borrow some of Thad's crazy setup trix.

Akura2
10-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Glad you had fun..and glad that batteries worked out for you :)

That end to end battery that I did for you... was that for your car or Thad's?... I DID notice that you were running six cells tucked into that chassis...:D

Hope to see you next time

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Good racing iagree,But if only i could wake up!I was driving with one eye open during the main and just too sleepy!
________
Valium Rehab Forums (http://www.rehab-forum.com/valium-rehab/)

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 04:50 PM
You drove pretty well last night Radi Shack.

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 05:07 PM
what car were you driving radishack? Also which one were you driving intellegista?

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 05:24 PM
I was running the black and gold mod Modena. Radi Shack had the Fluorescent Orange GT1 mod car.

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 05:51 PM
i didnt want him to know!It was embarasing driving the way i was driving last night,it look like i was drunk!I event forgoy to charge my batts on the first heat after practice.......But still got second both qualifies...:D
________
Website host (http://hostndesign.com)

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 05:52 PM
I drove way better during practice with the 10 scales,thats how tired i was in the main!
________
AVANDIA RECALL (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey radishack were you the one I asked "What time is the micro class" also you said marimoto was your twin? was that you?

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Yes i was just kiddin about that because we had the same body by coincidence.
________
Homemade vaporizers (http://homemadevaporizers.info/)

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Yup, i was the one with the filipino guy with the abercrombie sweater.

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Cant remember,i was too tired and sleepy.I wish the races werent soo late....
________
Xanax Rehab Forum (http://www.rehab-forum.com/xanax-rehab/)

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 07:15 PM
what time did the last micro race end at? Damn my store is so empty, no customers, so boring! More racing!!! ADRENALINE IS DOPE!!!

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 07:28 PM
Ithink it ended at like 12 am not sure was again too sleepy.

Dont worry rogotiz i keep u entertained!
________
Motorcycle Tires (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

RadiShack
10-05-2003, 07:29 PM
What kind of store do u own?
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES IN NORTH COUNTY (http://dispensaries.org)

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 08:39 PM
rogotiz ... you were that filipino kid ?!

i saw you standing next to me ..... gray aber sweater right ? khaki pants/shorts?

i saw you spectating ... meet up next time, it'll be a blast...

even if we don't get many micro guys to go week after next, i might still head out if you wanna try out the track

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 08:41 PM
I will be there!!

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 08:43 PM
yo intel, are you goin for sure for sure? or are you just gonna go if we get enough guys to...

i think regardless, ima head there to find a better setup for that track

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
If you want to find a setup then Saturday is not the day to go. Why not go tomorrow or something. We should be able to easily get at least five micros there in two weeks so I plan on racing.

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Do you ever head there other than saturday? Or is it still a far drive for you to just go.

Yeah, I should go a different day lol.

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 08:48 PM
I am free tomorrow.

I need to get the car setup better myself. I have ideas as to what I need to do.

Let me know.

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 08:52 PM
tomorrow being monday?

shiiiiieeeeeettt .... i can go :D

no school, its a jewish holiday

Intelligentsia
10-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Lol, ok. What time? I would prefer as early as possible like open.

rogotiz3
10-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Naw I don't own a store, i work for Radio Shack

Yup that was me the one with the aber sweater and jeans. Which one were you justinalamode?

What time do they close on the weekdays?

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 08:55 PM
ummm.. i was wearin an olive green shirt with blue jeans

i think i had shades on the back of my head ... i always do that

i was a dark filipino kid, semi-tall

would you be able to discount a soldering iron? and some braid? and solder? :p

justinalamode
10-05-2003, 09:00 PM
what time do they open up?

i can head there when they do, just let me know

do you have AOL or AIM?

Intelligentsia