PDA

View Full Version : hey guys i need help with my ball bearing diff with the 540 conversion

hogpower
09-02-2003, 02:43 PM
how do you guys keep your diff from slipping. my slips like crazy and i can't figure out how to keep it from slipping.

aktiondan
09-02-2003, 05:43 PM
What diff do you have? If it's the GH diff, or any variation thereof (ie, 6 balls) then you may be out of luck getting it to not slip. I never was able to get that diff to work properly even when using a Speed 300 setup. Maybe someone else has had better luck? If you've got the HPI ball diff, then you should be able to crank down the nut just enough to get it to not slip. It will be tight though. Sometimes if the diff isn't assembled right, then you lose the ability to actually get it to tighten down to where it won't slip. Let us know which diff you own, and we'll try and further help you out from there.

Dan

hogpower
09-02-2003, 06:25 PM
hey dan,
how are you. well i have the gh diff. so what diff would you suggest. the hpi. thanks for your response.

BLiND
09-02-2003, 09:20 PM
hpi or powerline, get a losi or duratrax thrust bearing ($5) to use in the diff also, it lets you set it tighter so that it will slip even less