PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Micro

TeaM Blaze RC
08-02-2003, 12:56 AM
ive been thinking about the nitro cars and a nitro micro

how exactly does a nitro car work with the engine and the serco controling throttle...can someone explain taht?

Mondo
08-02-2003, 06:24 AM
Team Blaze,

This subject has been discussed a zillion times and just keep re-appearing as Members get their unsynchronized "Nitro Micro" brainstorms! :D
No offence, but this subject just keeps re-surfacing.

Right, there was a Nitro Micro that had a .12 motor in it.
The guy entered the YM Forums and made a Big Cahoona about his Nitro Micro, he wouldn't post pics, as he claimed that some RC Magazine had "exclusive rights" to the pictures.
When he did post pics, it looked rough!
He put it on Ebay and when I asked for video evidence of it running, he backed down and refused to answer my mails.

Bottom line, yes you can mount a Nitro motor to a custom Micro RS4 chassis.
Does it work? I very much doubt it, there isn't that much space left for the RX, steering servo and battery to power the RX once the fuel tank and motor are mounted.

I did a search and there are over 30 Threads containing the words "Nitro Micro" feel free to trawl through them.

Need nitro motor info?
This (http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/) is a good placve to start.

Nitro motors throttles are controlled via a servo, when it moves forward, it opens the throttle, when it moves back, it jams on the disc brake/s

Akura2
08-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by TeaM Blaze RC
how exactly does a nitro car work with the engine and the serco controling throttle...can someone explain that?

The movement of the ppiston traveling upwards creates compression of the fuel and air inside the cylider chamber. Initially, heating the glow plug with an igniter starts the fuel/air burning process, but once the piston is moving, compression creates its own heat keeping the glow plug coil lit and keeping the air and fuel burning. The servo is used to open and close the carbuerator. Opening it allows more air into the combustion chamber, with the air goes more fuel and with more air and more fuel you get more speed.... you then have acceleration. I'm not going to explain how the clutch work unless you really want me to...but this should give you an idea...

havy
08-02-2003, 02:02 PM
it's a waist of time if you want my opinion. Nitro is cool, I just got my first nitro the other day, Ofna LD3... still goiing through the breakin process. It gets the blood ruching to hear that little motor run.

But on a micro, shoot, just invest in a Bl motor and controller. Long term the motor will outlast the micro prob. And the run times are estimated to be really good. As for speed, shoot, nothing you could do to a micro would be faster. 540 might be as fast, but runtimes and handling don't compair.

JMO:D

Not nocking nitro though, I'm very enthsiastic about my new nitro!

havy

beebo
10-07-2003, 08:08 PM
i have an ld3 also. its great fun. so are micros, but if you put them together, it think it would be extremely ***.