PDA

View Full Version : PottBellys 2nd annual Micro 1K Baby

k_bojar
08-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah man it's coming - the Biggest Small Racing event of the year
The Micro 1K

1,000 Laps around the Belly

Last year it was 500 laps, 19.4 miles of Micro Racing in approximately 2.5hrs. This year with the new dividers and some track tweaking, we should have about 40+ miles of racing - in just under 6 hours.

Short rule summary (detailed one to follow):

* 3 cars
* 3 drivers (all Drivers must drive at least one battery pack)
* 1 optional Pit man (Pit man cannot marshal only work on broken cars in pit, no assistance to racing.
* Drivers are only ones allowed to do transponder swaps and race pit stuff)
* Dedicated Pit Lane for car changes and repairs
* 6 cell maximun - micro size cells only, no sub C cells
* HPI mod motors only (No other 45t motors are acceptable)
* Any Micro Chassis (i.e., TRINITY, Penguin, RatZas etc.....)
* Any Micro Tire - (Rubber or foam) (No Extra bonus points for $300 German wheels, sorry Vince)
* 15 teams maximum - Yes, if we have 15 teams there will be 15 cars running on the track
* Each driver will be running a "reserved" frequency - i.e., I sign up on channel 6, no other racer can use channel 6

Due to length of race time no qualifying. Race starting Grid will be sign up order.

Will be opening e-mail and online registration for this event soon.

Right now, the estimated date will be end of September beginning of October. We will issue a firm date when we confirm what weekends there are no other big events going on last time we ran the same weekend as a big race up north. This time we'll make sure there's nothing else going on :):D

Stay tuned its going to be the craziest race in town.

Last year good strategy's paid out over being the fastest drivers in some cases. Bottom line - from first place to last place everyone had a blast and fun is what it's all about.

Look forward to seeing a big crowd this year.... Any Questions e-mail Drew (pottbelly@pottbellysrc.com) or ask away here :):D

Hope to see you all at this event :D

Info, directions and track pics are available at http://www.pottbellysrc.com

k_bojar
08-08-2003, 03:19 PM
The full color story :) Who will be this year's champs?? THe winning team in March finished 500 laps in just under 2 hours :D Who said micros cant move :):D

Feel free to download this and share it with other drivers at you local tracks...Or email me for a nice .pdf version :D

http://home.att.net/~k.bojar/Micro1000.jpg

k_bojar
08-26-2003, 06:28 PM
So far it looks like we got the following teams (or teams in the final stages):

* Team Belly
* Team DNF
* Team 6FT-1
* Team Triple Threat
* Team Green
* Team BMF
* Team Mayhem

That's in no particular order :D Not too shabby for 2+ months in advance I think we're in for a few more...I know there are a few more HPH boys looking to get in on the fun...Not too mention some boys from NY showing interest...Could end up with most of the HPI East Coast CHallenge Micro Pro A-Main at this event - minus Mike Collins (we dont wanna get beat badly by him again :D)

Should be a nice event :) :D :cool:

k_bojar
09-03-2003, 07:52 AM
Here's the full field rundown :D:)

* Team Belly
* Team DNF
* Team Six Foot Tiger1
* Team Tripple Treat
* Team Green
* Team Mayhem
* Team DunDunt DuhDunt
* Team Chicken Bonz
* Team Brownie's Hobbies (real name to be determined ;):))

k_bojar
09-10-2003, 06:57 AM
The field has reached 12 FULL TEAMS - that's thirty-six (36) micros :D:) So that leaves just 3 spots left in the starting field for the Biggest micro Race yet to ever be run :D

* Team Belly
* Team DNF
* Team Six Foot Tiger
* Team Tripple Treat
* Team Green Flash
* Team Mayhem
* Team DunDunt DuhDunt
* Team Chicken Bonz
* Team DogBone
* Team Brownies ( 90,90 )
* Team Mobile Auto Care RC 1
* Team Mobile Auto Care RC 2

Sign-up now and dont miss out on this event :D

k_bojar
09-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Here's some more info about the race:

Ok here's the Stats for the Micro 1000 - It's looking like a race from PottBelly's to Atlantic City.

The Track line measured out 249' 10" times 1000 laps comes to 257333.33 Feet of Racing Divided by 5280' Which comes out to 48.73 Miles of Driving :eek: :D

Rules Clarification for the Micro 1000 (just a reminder)

We are sticking to the same rule as the 500, So just to set things straight there are only 3 cars per team allowed on the track. No Backup 4th or 5th "back-up" cars.

All Cars, once teched and registered, must be repaired - not replaced by another vehicle. You can have a extra car for parts, but it can not be run as another car for your team.

k_bojar
09-29-2003, 06:41 AM
Over the weekend, Team #13 was firmed up!! Yes, you read it correctly, 13 teams for the Micro 1000 :D :eek:

That means 13 cars on the track, plenty of passing and door rubbing action to be had :D

We're closing in on the final days for registration (registration ends mid-night Saturday, October 4th)...Only 2 spots remain - If you been thinking about it, but putting it off - I wouldnt wait any longer :eek: :D

Only 145.5 hours until the doors open :D:)