PDA

View Full Version : Everyone near San Jose and the BAY area chime in please??

THOR
04-04-2002, 12:13 AM
It would be nice to know the guys from around San Jose and bay area here to chime in on here. You can be notified if any local events are going to happen (which are going to happen) to...give a quick note:

thanks.

NOAHZ
04-04-2002, 01:33 AM
count me in! Can't wait to test out the track..

gtr
04-04-2002, 08:52 PM
... yeah, keep me posted.

THOR
04-04-2002, 10:55 PM
great ...anyone else? C'mon fellas...I would like to know who is around? thanks!!!

generationsraci
04-05-2002, 08:29 AM
I'm back in the game let me know what's going on.

THOR
04-05-2002, 10:34 PM
I will write down the screen names listed on this thread and Keep you all posted on races.

www.slotcar.net Practice runs are going to be held on APRIL 15TH (MONDAY) 7pm

RACING ON.................APRIL 22 (monday night) 7pm

This is going to be the first time anyone has raced on this slot car track............................TROPHIES will be made in later races if it catches on at SLOT CARS UNLIMITED....OR www.slotcar.net.

The owner is really nice and does not charge us to try out the micros on the track....and the 'ENTRY' fee for racing will be quite pleasent. Later on advirtisement for RC on the slot track probably will happen.

P.S. THIS GUY ORDERS AWSOME TROPHIES.

Maybe we will get a chance to get a token of our skills. all in all it's going to be fun racing on banked turns and a things.

Keep it up.......FELLAS CHIME IN........THANKS:p

hpidriver
04-06-2002, 10:28 PM
count me in:D , but i probably wont be able to those practices because i have school.:(

THOR
04-07-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by hpidriver
count me in:D , but i probably wont be able to those practices because i have school.:(

OK ..cool then..maybe the 22nd then......hope so see you there....I have talked to other micro racers that have seen the advertisement at the slotcar track....aparently there will be a number of micro racers. The track is cool and the competition seems to be great. Hope all in the area can support this cool PRO TRACK and try their hand at racing it.

THOR
:D :D :p

ssrberni
04-07-2002, 05:58 PM
i guess i can come by after work........pls let me know if its really going down on the 22nd

THOR
04-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Ok......It is really going down on the 22nd....the post ups are at all the major hobby shops....sheldons, castle hobbies, D/J hobbies.

Practice day...15th (monday 7 pm)

Race day 22nd.......Monday 7 pm

The slot car guys are pretty cool who run their slot cars there....and are intrigued with RC and both the banked tracks are cool. We have to be careful when practicing there if slot car guys are there....BECAUSE THEY ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS AND THAT IS HOW THE SLOT CAR PLACE MAKES THEIR MONEY....

Other than that....check out the track and talk to the owner and the managers....they are very nice.

email back.....

ssrberni
04-07-2002, 10:56 PM
thor,
have you driven your micro on the track yet? and how does your car handle the grooves?

THOR
04-07-2002, 11:31 PM
YES...I have driven on this track a number of times.........

NO, the groves make "NO" difference what so ever. In fact its kind of a nice reference in the "straight aways" as a reference to set up for the first big bank.

The track is wonderful and fun. Its bit enough to get some speed up but far from an oval. I would suggest a smaller pinion for it. It mostly is a great "feel" to racing on a banked track.

It does take some practice on it though some. Getting the hand of the gravity on the BANKS can be tricky. but fun nonetheless.

You should try it. The owner will let you have a go at it if there are no paying slot car customers on it....if so the track in the back many times does not have customers on it.

Can't wait to see a turn out there......................

The owner says that he will provide trophies of there is a good following. The first race day will be interesting. Hope to see many locals around San Jose come and support...

April 15 7pm..practice day

April 22 7 pm race day........

THOR

ssrberni
04-08-2002, 12:37 PM
sounds good ill give it a shot

THOR
04-08-2002, 01:29 PM
cool....it will be breat to see ya....both on the 15th and 22nd...(7pm).............

ONE NOTE.................: The bridge is a bit shallow.......an easy fix to this is to tape the antena (if you have an external one) down or to take it off and rout it internaly......;)

I have an internal antena....but that all is an easy fix.

ssrberni
04-08-2002, 09:24 PM
I was just about to ask you about that….im glad you mentioned it..
BTW: sheldon’s hobbies is having a race this weekend (if it doesn’t rain)
4.13.02, will you be running that too?…..most likely ill run...

THOR
04-09-2002, 01:40 AM
I don't think I will be at sheldon's micro race...I have to go to a RC airplane swap shop at the field at the TOMCATS airfield....I have some radio control airplanes I need to sell. Too important to pass up for the money I could make...but I will hate to miss that one.

***** There were a number of guys that tried out the www.slotcar.net track.......Its a slot car/banked/cool track. The track is a pretty good size but its not a "break neck speed track".........Its a great skilled driver's track. One that would be nice to try out and practice b4 you get the hang of it.*********

Its pretty tricky at first....but reviews will be given by some of the guys that raced it............they seemed really happy about it WHEN THEY GOT THE HANG OF IT. its a really cool track with the banks and strightaway.

p.s. The mini-z guys loved it also!:cool: :D

gtr
04-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Yup, I ran both micro and mini-z at slotcarsunlimited last night (blue and red track), and I must say it's very smooth. I thought the mini-z would have tons of problems with the slot grooves, but IMO it actually handled better than the micro. The grooves in the track really didn't bother me at all, and I was running a CLK with narrow front tires. I would suggest soft compound tires for maximum traction. After several laps, your tires will be coated with a traction compound that they lay down on the track which helps even more. The micro was runnable on the track, however I would have liked a slightly larger track width. The high banks, which definitely take some getting used to, remind me of a nascar track. After you get the hang of them, I must admit they're pretty fun to drive (and watch the rail sliding crashes). To sum up, if you're in the area, it's worth checking out!

ssrberni
04-09-2002, 06:53 PM
what time does this place close?...i might swing by after work....hmm maybe this week

Mykroe
04-09-2002, 07:08 PM
berni, i thought you sold your micro?

ssrberni
04-09-2002, 09:20 PM
man, my co-workers started running there's again......so i guess i caught the fever........are you running san jose this weekend?

THOR
04-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Getting the hang of that track it half the fun eh? It take a rhythum and I have proven that that track with a micro can be ran very quick but with a fair amount of concentration...but then again..thats the FUN part!!...

The mini-z was a blast too......cool track all together!!! Can't wait for the 15th and the 22nd of April (monday nights)

ssrberni: thanks for the review!!!!!!! Will see you soon.

THOR/Kevin:D

Bbot21
04-10-2002, 01:23 PM
I'm just "chiming in", but I'm not really interested, right now, in racing cause I'm really busy with work, school, and family stuff.

THOR
04-10-2002, 02:24 PM
sweet,,,,,,,,, Well if you get some time......feel free to come to the race at www.slotcar.net (ultimate slot cars) location off of 85 and Camden. *in the stip mall there**

April 15th practice starting 7pm (monday)

April 22nd RACE DAY....7 pm (monday) :cool:

THOR
04-11-2002, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately I don't think I will be there on the 13th...I am going to a Radio Control airplane swap shop at the field at SCCMAS field here in San Jose. I have aiplanes to sell. IF I sell them soon I may swing by. :(

ssrberni
04-19-2002, 12:34 PM
thor

for the 22nd, what are the classes and rules?
how much per class?

Berni

THOR
04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
apparentlyl It will be from about 5-10 bucks for the entry fee

I'm not really sure about that yet.:rolleyes:

Greencar racing
04-19-2002, 10:36 PM
im from concord California

THOR
04-20-2002, 12:33 AM
not sure where that is at..are you comming on monday night? April 22? 7 pm :)

ssrberni
04-25-2002, 02:32 PM
Thor
Hook up another date, race or practice ASAP.
Same place same time......last Monday was FUN!

-Berni

THOR
04-25-2002, 09:07 PM
BERNI!!!!

Hows it going berni!!!!! well...this monday coming up we will have practice..I am trying to convince the owner to get us a 7pm practice time......otherwise he wants us to wait until 9pm (when the place closes) to come and practice.

The only problem is that he has "paying" customers that race/play on the slot car tracks and he does not make much (if anything) of RCers. There may be a small fee to race at 7 pm on mondays.

***** 2 Mondays from now...RACE DAY!!!!!****

I do believe that 2 mondays from now we will RACE again!!! Hopefuly a nice turn out like last time! Can't wait....I will keep all posted who ask!

:D :D

ssrberni
04-29-2002, 07:53 PM
i dont mind paying a small fee for track time...this is the only place where i can run both my Mini Z and Micro on a tight track.......

--Berni

THOR
04-30-2002, 01:17 AM
we had a good practice tonight..(monday night) I got there a little after 7 pm...and got home about 10 pm..LOL It was kinda late but I was talking most of the time.

Mini-z guys have very good support on this track..and there was only 3 micros practicing.

I guess RACE days will be on SATURDAYS.....1st and 3rd saturday MORNINGS at 9 am.

Starting MID-MONTH next month. THE *****3rd saturday**** SATURDAY.

Practice days are on MONDAYS....around 7pm till close I do believe.

RS4 guys.............support! :D Maybe many forgot about monday evenings. Maybe next monday will be better. (but I will be out of town) Hope to see you guys there.......lots to see and do there also.

ssrberni
04-30-2002, 12:43 PM
are you posting this for the mini z guys to on there prospective sites?

THOR
04-30-2002, 01:40 PM
I have before yes......but I only know of one. can you give me the popular mini-z sites? Post it here..or meail me.

Kev71h@aol.com

thanks. (I just bought an F-1)

yourmicro
04-30-2002, 09:32 PM
can you give me the popular mini-z sites?

http://mini-zracer.com ;) (the #1!)

THOR
05-01-2002, 12:20 AM
is that just about it? *thanks by the way*:D

ssrberni
05-05-2002, 08:20 PM
is there practice on may 6?

THOR
05-08-2002, 10:24 AM
Bernie

I just got back from OHIO>......I will get with you soon. Flyers and such...(like what we talked about in the email with pizza night and stuff.) email me your phone # also...and maybe we can chat there also.....otherwise email me and tell me your thoughts.

Kev71H@aol.com

As for others In and near the bay area.............racing at www.slotcar.net (Slotcars Unlimited) is a super great place to RACE!!!);)

Andy'shobbyshop
06-02-2002, 12:26 PM
hey guys this is Mike from the slot car track you guys like so much to drive on! ive posted some stuff in the forum about plaques, entrie fee's, and we are also starting a club for you guys! yup, its a $100 dollars and you get 2.50 off race entries and i think its 10% off all parts for your Z or your RS4. come buy and get sum more info. I also have a post that gives you a little bit more info. see you guyz around.

-Mike(Tha Kid who works for the slotcar track)