PDA

View Full Version : 540 hybrid question

hookedonmicros
06-08-2003, 04:58 PM
just wondering, since no one I know of has a micro hybrid 540, where do you race your micro 540?

Dinzdale40
06-09-2003, 03:55 PM
in my neighborhood

ShocKWavE
06-09-2003, 04:43 PM
accidentally into the curb....twice DOH!! hehe :D

Dinzdale40
06-09-2003, 05:01 PM
yeah mine jumped a curb when the batts were almost dead...still went about 6 feet into the grass getting 1 foot or so of air and a couple flips....then it drove off when i put it on the road again. I hate to think about a full force hit against a curb

ELF
06-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Dinzdale40
yeah mine jumped a curb when the batts were almost dead...still went about 6 feet into the grass getting 1 foot or so of air and a couple flips....then it drove off when i put it on the road again. I hate to think about a full force hit against a curb
Did that. Left-front tire chunked big-time and I skidded right into the curb. Narrowly avoided doing a head-on, but ended up destroying 1/2 set of GH wheels. Full force side impact, and that was the end of that run. ;)

It's plastic wheels from this point onward. Geez, I wish someone would make a better wheel that this infuriating inner/outer wheel combo. I cannot seem to keep the front wheels on... Wish we had 18th scale versions of 10th scale wheels...

Remember: The 540 Micro is significantly heavier than stock. Not quite as forgiving -- driving mistakes come with a price, now.

Pipeous
06-10-2003, 03:32 AM
We are running an open mod class, anything goes. and we are running on a full size course

dvessel
06-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Pipeous
We are running an open mod class, anything goes. and we are running on a full size course

OMG! That's too cool. Only if someone with a BL could enter that race. Haha! Okay, probably annoying you guys now. :p

Everyone running on the streets... Ever worry about running it into a gutter? :eek: Scary thought. LOL! Would you go in after it? ;)

Jaminak
06-10-2003, 01:23 PM
If you saw a $1000 bill down there would you go after it?

eclipse321
06-10-2003, 05:42 PM
I actually did crash mine into a storm drain. It was dangling over the edge, as I ran to grab it it fell thru like 20 feet to the bottom. I was lucky that the grate lifted off and that I didnt do any damage to the car, it was just muddy.

Pipeous
06-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Bring on the brushless haha. I had mine at the lhs, I actually ran i at the end of the battery on the indoor track and I could compete with it there, I surely wouldn't get pushed around haha I got a body on mine, well sort of, took a bit of chopping, oh well next body will look better hehe. I had to cut out the rear window for the vcs shock, it needs a cover.
I had trouble using a stock axle with a gpm ball dif, so I had a front wheel drive 540 or a locked rear dif, no in between. but wait until you see I have my car with both wheels even off set now, a small washer and voila. I had some work getting the pinion on without hitting belt and enough to grab but it worked.
I get a lot of crazy looks and why would you do that's and crap like that. Some guys just don't understand ya know. I think you have to have some "just because" projects. When they work out this fun, it is all worthwhile.
I will get a killer monster micro design later for everybody. I have most of it worked out, theory anyway. I need to get through summer first, that's a winter project. well fall, after racing, flying and hockey