PDA

View Full Version : gonna need a new chassis soon

PhillyB
06-06-2003, 01:40 AM
i drove my 540 yesterday and the day before and at some point i left a small flake of CF in the road. it isnt much (i hope to have pics of everything tommorrow) but it is in a bad place, right under the motor. i dont think this is a design flaw at all - this is probably the best kit ive done. I believe it was from driving like a madman at speeds a micro was never meant to go. i hit a manhole cover just right at a good clip and the car did a front flip and actually seemed to land clean - i think it cleared 2-3 feet of asphault. but bad driving or not but i dont think it will last much longer.

any ideas? i may start callin machine shops next week

can i get something besides micro master ? id like to be cool like troll and have something 540 in there - like jedi master 540 - brings up images of me all yoga style with my mind driving the car while my eyes are closed lol

Pipeous
06-06-2003, 01:56 AM
I will know soon about the replaceable flex plate. should be able to just add it to your chassis. we are working on the conversion right now..... it will need a couple holes drilled to put the mounting bracket that the flex plates screw to and cutting off the original....

Jaminak
06-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by PhillyB
can i get something besides micro master ?

You can change it in UserCP under Edit Profile...

eclipse321
06-06-2003, 12:37 PM
I did the same thing the first day I drove mine. With carbon fiber you could try putting a little super glue over the chip. The super glue will keep the carbon fiber from delaminating even more. I have probally ran about another 20 battery packs thru mine since then and it has not gotten any bigger.

quietfly
06-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by PhillyB
i drove my 540 yesterday and the day before and at some point i left a small flake of CF in the road. it isnt much (i hope to have pics of everything tommorrow) but it is in a bad place, right under the motor. i dont think this is a design flaw at all - this is probably the best kit ive done. I believe it was from driving like a madman at speeds a micro was never meant to go. i hit a manhole cover just right at a good clip and the car did a front flip and actually seemed to land clean - i think it cleared 2-3 feet of asphault. but bad driving or not but i dont think it will last much longer.

any ideas? i may start callin machine shops next week

can i get something besides micro master ? id like to be cool like troll and have something 540 in there - like jedi master 540 - brings up images of me all yoga style with my mind driving the car while my eyes are closed lol

A drop of CA will work fine for the chip. you can also protect the bottom of your chassis by using the tear away clear protectors for paint gun googles or ski masks. I heard there was also a clear pipe protector for chrome motor cycle pipes that works really well protecting chassis from road rash.

-Chris

troll
06-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by quietfly

A drop of CA will work fine for the chip. you can also protect the bottom of your chassis by using the tear away clear protectors for paint gun googles or ski masks. I heard there was also a clear pipe protector for chrome motor cycle pipes that works really well protecting chassis from road rash.

-Chris

Oooh, I would have a dou ble use for some of that stuff. Too bad my chrome pipe on my bike is already scratched. Especially since I low sided onto it ;)

Troll

Pipeous
06-07-2003, 09:04 AM
I also went around all the edges with sandpaper and put ca around all the edges