PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cells are in a Team Orion pack, and???

Z-Axis
03-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Ok, these Team Orion packs I got are 6 cell packs. Well, what kind of cells are these, meaning what type, i.e. sub c, aaa, etc.

Also the guy at the store directed me to a Duratrax Intelli peak charger. Will this charger work for these batteries?

And, how do I properly charge these batteries? The chargers directions are very vague. I do not want to hurt the pack, but it will hiss at me when I fast charge it.

Are these batteries crap?
Is that charger crap?

Thanks

xxtcrgp
03-26-2002, 11:02 PM
when I charge my AA's I charge at 1-1.5A on a superbrain 959 and it makes a hissing noise to. I think its alright, unless its LOUD

Z-Axis
03-26-2002, 11:24 PM
So, what kind of cells are they?

What rate do I charge them at?

xlr8si
03-27-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by xxtcrgp
when I charge my AA's I charge at 1-1.5A on a superbrain 959 and it makes a hissing noise to. I think its alright, unless its LOUD i have the same battery and charger, and mine doesn't hiss.

xxtcrgp
03-27-2002, 01:09 AM
everybody I know with a 959 super brain there charger hisses, I geuss its more of a buzzing sound though:confused:

armithius
03-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Charge them at no more than 1 amp. The orion packs are decent, although I favor making my own packs.

TGRupert
03-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by xlr8si
i have the same battery and charger, and mine doesn't hiss.

are you mother loving deaf, that thing is so anoying. my girlfriend refuses to be in the same room if it's on. then I'm like woman, if you don't like it in this room than make me a EF-ing pie BITCH. and don't use that store crust, do I look like I'm made of money bitch?!?!?!?

redM3micro
03-27-2002, 06:35 PM
ok ... you may very well have the charge set to high and it's causing the hiss but i too have an intellipeak charger and when i charge my ofna pack it doesn't hiss but i have noticed that when i charge my panasonic stock metal hydride 3000mah packs if the amperage is higher sometimes they will buzz alittle...
the general rule is that if you charge at a higher rate you will have more power but alot less run time and if you charge at a lower amperage then your packs will last forever but not be as punchy or powerful ..... here's one to try ... if you have a standard sub -c style nicad charge it at 5.5 amps then run it and see how it runs and how long it runs then discharge the pack and the next day take and charge that same pack at 1.5 amps then see how it performs and see how long it runs ... it will run forever but not perform nearly as well..... lower amp charging ='s more run time but less power , more amperage equals more power and torque but less run time

xlr8si
03-27-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TGRupert

are you mother loving deaf, that thing is so anoying. my girlfriend refuses to be in the same room if it's on. then I'm like woman, if you don't like it in this room than make me a EF-ing pie BITCH. and don't use that store crust, do I look like I'm made of money bitch?!?!?!? watch what you say man, i might take that as an insult next time:o

rcmtby11
03-27-2002, 09:54 PM
they are 2/3a cells. rupert, WTF?

xxtcrgp
03-27-2002, 09:56 PM
calm down boys and girls...

MDM3
03-28-2002, 02:20 AM
Anyone else need one. Needed a dozen a few hours ago. That's another story for another day.