PDA

View Full Version : SoCaL!!! May 3rd

sumschmoe
04-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Well I figured this needed to be started....So whose in? That's also the weekend for RCX so it we might be able to get a lot of people there!!! I'll try to make up a flyer if anyones interested....

G_bruin
04-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I'm in. Were you able to get the TO softs? If so, I'll ante up then.

Intelligentsia
04-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Team Orion doesn't even have the Team Orion soft rear foam tires. I doubt that Sumschmoe will be able to get any for some time.

BLiND
04-13-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm going to RCX...so I dunno about racing that weekend :D

I will probably bring my micro with me, would be cool to drive it on a *most likely* carpeted track for once ;)

Intelligentsia
04-13-2003, 10:21 PM
RCX is two days long!! You can go there on Sunday or during the day on Saturday and all day Sunday.

ALapDown
04-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Pretty sure I'm in! Gonna try a few new things this time...that way I may only end up three laps off the pace!!!:p Can't wait!

Intelligentsia
04-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Yeah,

I will be running a new body and a new car. Not really a new car just a car that I haven't driven in a very long time.

BLiND
04-15-2003, 12:01 AM
uh oh, it's penguin roll plate snapping time :D

heh, good luck with it. I've been frantically trying to find a set of orion soft rear tires...blah!

Intelligentsia
04-15-2003, 12:06 AM
I am not snapping anything!

So are you going to go or not?

BLiND
04-15-2003, 12:09 AM
probably...

you know you're gonna snap something, heh :D

Intelligentsia
04-15-2003, 12:11 AM
I haven't snapped a roll plate in forever! I used to snap the roll plates of the Motek chassis but I have alleviated that issue as well.

Micro Moose
04-16-2003, 03:35 PM
I've got both RCX and socal penciled in for that Saturday. Somebody has to fill out the field.

socalracer
04-19-2003, 01:44 AM
going to rcx but might go to so cal as well....

ALapDown
04-20-2003, 02:20 AM
Saw one of our Micro racers at So Cal tonite, Won't mention the name...you know who you are:D...but his car was looking fast. I was there to race 10th sedan, but slapped my Micro down too with a few changes from last time. Not perfect, but better than last time out. I think we're gonna see even better, and faster, racing this time!!! I can't wait!!!!!!! G-bruin was there racing 10th sedan too...I promise not to forget your name next time G.;)

Intelligentsia
04-20-2003, 02:28 AM
That is good to hear that your car is starting to hook up! I can't wait for May 3 to race with you and all of the other people.

What place did you come in at Socal?

G_bruin
04-20-2003, 06:58 PM
I am so bad with names, that its embarassing... As long as you put up with me doing the same!! ha! Again, I'll do a good job of bringing up the rear on the 5th.

ALapDown
04-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Intelligentsia
What place did you caome in at Socal?
20 laps and didn't make the A...I couldn't believe it...2nd in the B behind the guy who won the a last Saturday.

Intelligentsia
04-21-2003, 03:15 PM
That's odd.

Will you be running both classes in May?

ALapDown
04-22-2003, 12:20 PM
That's odd.

Will yo be running both classes in May?
Not sure. Kinda want to focus on the Micro, but who knows?!?

Intelligentsia
04-22-2003, 12:37 PM
Cool, are you going to race your 1/10 again on Saturday?

ALapDown
04-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Busy Saturday...family obligations.

rpnick
04-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey folks, Where is this place?

I stumbled upon this board while researching a possible (now probable) micro rs4 purchase and note that there is quite a San Diego area prescence. Where does one race around here? I seem to remember a place in Poway, I think it was Hi-tech or something.

Thanks to all, ...N

Intelligentsia
04-22-2003, 02:58 PM
For more info visit socalrc.com. This is where we will be on May 3, 2003.

rpnick
04-22-2003, 03:17 PM
kewl, thanks for that. looks like they race every day there, huh? Is it something special on the 3rd, or is that when everyone can make it?

BLiND
04-22-2003, 06:23 PM
thats when micro's run...

rpnick
04-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Ahhh, I see. Thank you. Is there a listing of what runs when? I didn't see that, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

BLiND
04-22-2003, 07:06 PM
dunno, if you want to know when the micro's will be there you have to check this webboard, anything else you could find out in person or at their webpage...

most of us travel a great distance to get there to run our micro's, I come down from camarillo, takes about 2 hours...

rpnick
04-22-2003, 10:48 PM
well, I don't feel too left out then, it's only about an hour for me!!!

I'll see you folks there, hopefully w/ car!!! They have 'em on sale this weekend for $159

BLiND
04-22-2003, 10:53 PM
you better be there!

when you get there you may want to bring some cash with you, I'll have all the supplies with you to bring your car to the full open class level - pan chassis, big block motor & mount, batteries...

check out my webpage to see if there's anything specific you want me to bring though, I have a feeling a few people are going to want some of the nate dogg items so I'll bring a bunch, they're really cheap but the bumpers are perfect for the leman's style racing bodies...

Deves
04-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Blind, Put me down for the nate dogg car stand, foam bumper, a couple packs of the body protectors and a 370 motor. Thanks, Deves

rpnick
04-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Oh nooo... Here we go!!! Beat me, Whip me, Make me go racing! :eek: :D

Do you guys realize that I have to match her jewelry w/ my "toys"? In HER eyes??? :(

I didn't think so. :cool:

BLiND
04-23-2003, 12:54 AM
same thing goes for me...I just don't tell her about the hop ups, and keep the body on it when it's at home :D

rpnick
04-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Nice site blind. Just spent some time over there... and yes, I registered too! I trust you will be bringing a trunkful to SoCal? Are you going to that Expo thing? Looks like a good time, mayge I'll spend the weekend up in that neck of the woods...

BLiND
04-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Yea my daily vehical is a full size pickup with a camper shell, I can bring the whole shop with me, lol...

I will definately be at RCX, I can't wait to see the battle bot display!

ALapDown
04-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by rpnick
Do you guys realize that I have to match her jewelry w/ my "toys"? In HER eyes??? :(

I didn't think so. :cool:
Got wife and kids...I know your pain. Going to see a jeweler tonite to look at some new settings for her wedding ring. Damn Debeers and their "Past, Present, Future" promotion. This is gonna cost me. Their math goes something like "you spent $5...I get to spend $50...

Welcome to the board and I hope you can make it down for the 3rd. Should be a blast!

Intelligentsia
04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Lap Down will you be at Socal again this Saturday? I might go up there early to run some practice laps.

rpnick
04-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome ALapDown, I appreciate it. I am definitely headed that way on the 3rd, and maybe the 4th if I can't do it all in one day.

I just found out that one of my flying buddies is flying demo for GWS all weekend long, so the trip is planned for sure.

Looking forward to meeting you guys at SoCal to put some faces with names.

Is anyone going this weekend? I'm headed to that Hobby People warehouse sale in Fountain Valley, and I gather it isn't too far from there.

Intelligentsia
04-23-2003, 03:33 PM
I will be at Socal on Saturday. I will probably be there around 2pm to run some laps. Are you planning on showing up there? It is very close to Hobby People Fountain Valley.

rpnick
04-23-2003, 05:17 PM
sure, I'll stop by... are you running micros or 1/10 that day? or are they, I guess would be a better q.

Intelligentsia
04-23-2003, 11:36 PM
I am going to be running practice laps with my micro to get it dialed for Socal the following week. I will be up there from about 2-6pm. Bring your micro and maybe we can run. I have plenty of spare parts and battery packs that you can use.

ALapDown
04-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Lap Down will you be at Socal again this Saturday? I might go up there early to run some practice laps.
Can't make it this Saturday, ole dad is taking care of the kids while mom goes out and does her scrapbooking thing...I guess it's only fair.:p

rpnick
04-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Which is why you get to go next Sat!!! :cool:

I'm only going to get it Sat, so I doubt it, I mean I, will be ready, but I'll stop by and check it all out.

Intelligentsia
04-24-2003, 01:47 AM
Well,

I have two cars that I need to set up. I do not want to wait until he next Saturday to get the cars dialed if I can do it this Saturday. The more time that I have with the cars to get them dialed the better.

rpnick
04-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Oops. sorry Intelligentsia, I forgot to say thanks for the offer of trying your packs, etc. Thanks!

I just saw that the warehouse opens at 7am and socal at 10am. Maybe I can get it running and play that day after all. Looks as if socal would be a good place to work on it. At least judging from their site it seems there would be plenty of help and advice available.

This is gonna be fun... :D :D :D

Intelligentsia
04-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah, if you are interested, I can help you get the car put together and I can help you get it set up for the track so that you can run some decent lap times. I have plenty of speed 300 motors that you can use if you can find a motor mount.

rpnick
04-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Thanks! That's really nice of you. My last car was probably 20 years ago, a Bolink 1/10 pan car with a Countach body and a notoriously unreliable mechanical speed control. I used to have to work on it more than play with it! So the 1st question is "Can I still drive one of these things?"! Hoping so... At least I shall provide some comic relief.

Intelligentsia
04-24-2003, 02:31 PM
These cars are very easy to drive I would recommend that you pick up a set of trc foam tires while you are at Hobby People. Pink rear and Magenta front should work. If I see you there on Saturday I also have plenty of tires and such that you could borrow as well.

Which micro are you picking up? Kit or rtr?

rpnick
04-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Well, I am thinking rtr now, since it's $159. Seems like a good deal. But I'll see what else they have when I get there.

rpnick
04-24-2003, 02:43 PM
pink??? magenta??? what the heck, don't they have any decent colors? just kidding, I know what you mean. I remember foam tires as being the way to go even back then.

Intelligentsia
04-24-2003, 02:54 PM
$159 is pretty cheap. I would recommend right off the bat that you scrap that four cell setup. It is just too slow like 8mph or something. What time do you think that you will head to Socal?

Micro Moose
04-24-2003, 03:18 PM
yeah, RTR, change out the motor to a 45 turn and a 6 cell pack and you're good to go. You may not be as fast as "The Pros" but you can still run some decent laps. Keep it off the walls and dots and you'll make the A-main.

rpnick
04-24-2003, 03:22 PM
I'll probably be killing time waiting for them to open. Maybe there's a good spot to eat or something!

sumschmoe
04-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Hey Blind, bring me a car stand and body cushions........

BLiND
04-24-2003, 09:56 PM
sure ;)

I got a new gimmick to try out...got a set of teflon sealed bearings, can't wait to try em out down there, my car rolls like crazy now, I don't know if that's going to be a good thing though...

Deves
04-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Blind, I couldn't wait another week I ordered from your website..
:D ..Deves

BLiND
04-25-2003, 12:50 AM
heh, if your lucky I'm shipping tomarrow, just got a lot of soldering (read getting high) to do tonight, lol...

rpnick
04-25-2003, 11:34 AM
hey, I have a question. will the rtr esc run a 6 cell pack? or a larger motor, like you guys talk of? oops, I guess that's 2!

BLiND
04-25-2003, 01:28 PM
it should run them fine, but you will get better performance out of changing it to a better esc, it's a tad on the weak side

rpnick
04-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks Blind. I have a 25w one from an old zagi. It's pretty small, and it's got a 400 on it now. Maybe I should use that?

Intelligentsia
04-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Does it have brakes?

rpnick
04-25-2003, 03:55 PM
yes, it does have a brake, but I don't think it's proportional now that you mention it. I think it just stops the prop when the throttle's pulled back to off position. It certainly doesn't have reverse! I guess that wasn't such a good idea after all. Crud, my list is growing... Oh well, I knew it would.

rpnick
04-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey, since you're here. Do you think 13x11 would be large enough to run 3-4 micros? I measured my living room, and I have perfect carpet for it... We could race at my house. I posted elsewhere, but no replies yet. I realize it's kinda off topic.

G_bruin
04-25-2003, 06:20 PM
I just bought my RCX ticket so I am set for next Saturday. A little bit of RC in the morning and a little bit in the evening. What more can a guy ask for??? See you at SoCal or OC or both!!

Deves
04-25-2003, 07:49 PM
rpnick, 13 x 11 is kinda small I guess you could do it but you'd probably wanna run stock on a small track like that.

rpnick
04-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Thank you Deves, that's what I wondered. My rtr will be here tomorrow, and I think I shall try just that... unless Intelligentsia and Blind hook me up phat with all the trick $&^T before I get home. rtr ought to be perfect then. Thanks again, ...N

Intelligentsia
04-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Well

I don't think that I or you could get a motor plate from Blind before I see you tomorrow. I may allow you to borrow one of mine however.

BLiND
04-25-2003, 11:39 PM
I wont be there, so you guys have fun ;)

I'll be there on the 3rd though, the 2 hour drive just doesn't sound like something I want to do tomarrow...

Intelligentsia
04-25-2003, 11:45 PM
I am not sure that anybody anticipated you being there tomorrow.:p

rpnick
04-26-2003, 07:31 AM
I'm just leaving now. Carpooling w/ a friend. I hope I can convince him to stay, or I may not make it. But then you said 2, so maybe I'll go back up if he doesn' t want to stay. cul8r, ...N

Intelligentsia
04-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Wow he left extremely early.

I hope he finds some good stuff.

ALapDown
04-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rpnick
Hey, since you're here. Do you think 13x11 would be large enough to run 3-4 micros? I measured my living room, and I have perfect carpet for it... We could race at my house. I posted elsewhere, but no replies yet. I realize it's kinda off topic.
Gotta agree with Deeves on this one. I use a portion of my driveway, measures 26x16. I mark out 4 foot wide lanes with my kids' sidewalk chalk...I don't think they like me using up their chalk:p...and we use plastic corner dots from our LHS. The 26 foot straight allows the 4 cell/stock motor to reach top speed with a 9 or 10 tooth pinion for a brief moment, so we do have a "high speed" section. I say we because a few from this board run with me. We run our cars box stock...well, most of us do...and it makes for a good time. Last time out I extended the layout to go up the driveway a little and it supproted 6 cars well. The mighty beetle in my Avatar is my box stock car...known as the fastest beetle in the world...or at least on my driveway :p!!!!! One thing we noticed is that with all cars being equal, the speed is not necessary to make it fun. The lack of real horsepower makes clean passes really very difficult. Makes you focus on your line to gain on the next guy. Good practice. Just my thoughts.

rpnick
04-26-2003, 11:27 PM
I fear that I have gone to the dark side... I stood in line for 2hrs to get in, and 2.5 to get out, but guess what I got... HPI RS4, LRP Quantum Pro Sport ESC, Reedy Ti 8-turn single modified, Lynx radio gear, and a spare body for a grand total of $205.96!!! I still need some battery packs BLiND, and I'll still be there next weekend, please don't hate me? ...N

BLiND
04-27-2003, 12:03 AM
lol, have fun with it. At least you'll still be able to race with it at Socal, I can't help you with batteries for a 1/10th scale though, I don't carry those (yet)

Intelligentsia
04-27-2003, 12:15 AM
rp nick did you show up at Socal today? I saw Deves there.

rpnick
04-27-2003, 12:47 AM
No I didn't. 4.5 hours on our feet kicked our tails. I had to drive to SD to see the folks after, and I am so tired now I'm kind of delirious. I'm sorry, but look forward to meeting you next week. Bummer BLiND, I guess I'll have to go to...:confused: :rolleyes:

Deves
04-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Intelligentsia, What happened? I
saw you on the track but I didn't really see you open it up. You shoulda stayed a little bit longer the break before the mains I layed down about 6 laps with my Micro (shared the track with 1 other car) I wouldn't say it was dialed but it was fast and handled pretty good. The foams were working but I didn't get a chance to run with the rubbers. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get in some more practice. :D

Intelligentsia
04-27-2003, 01:50 AM
Well,

when I switched between the two cars it was like night and day. I didn't really need to slap down too many laps with the Motek because as soon as I placed it on the track it was pretty much dialed. I wish that I could have stayed but I did not want to get back home too late this evening.

All I can say is that it's on next week.

Deves
04-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanks Blind!!
I received the order you sent me today! Wow what service!! :)
Deves

ALapDown
04-28-2003, 11:10 PM
You guys are scaring me! My car was better the last time I had it on the track, but not perfect. I hope I can improve over last month's performance.:confused: Not really disappointed, but it could've been better. Got the foams working a tad better. Plan on putting down some laps tomorrow night...gonna run some 10th scale sedan...trying to put some polish on my on-road line. Damn off-road cars!!! Sold the truck already and the buggy is next!!! Who knows, I might even buy another Micro...:eek:

Deves
04-29-2003, 12:19 AM
Hey Alapdown are you going to the Reedy race?

BLiND
04-29-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Deves
Thanks Blind!!
I received the order you sent me today! Wow what service!! :)
Deves

well we are both in socal, heh.

so who's not doing anything to get ready? Oh yea, thats me, I just hope the stupid little car manages to stay in one peice, and I can stay on the track long enough to learn the corners...

Intelligentsia
04-29-2003, 12:44 AM
That is why you should get there early... so that I could spank you during practice when it doesn't count:D.

BLiND
04-29-2003, 01:28 AM
lol...I've tried everytime, but something always comes up and I'm not able to leave until like 2 o`clock and dont make it there until the last minute...

I swear I'm going to try to leave early this time though ;)

Intelligentsia
04-29-2003, 01:29 AM
What time do you plan on arriving at Socal? Make sure that you have everything setup so that you can just get there and start practicing.

BLiND
04-29-2003, 01:47 AM
I plan to get there around noon, I'm going to try and leave around 10 or 11am. Knowing me though I probably wont make it until 2pm, lol...

I'm actually half way through a rebuild of my micro right now, it got pretty dirty yesterday when I ran it for like 5 battery packs, cement is a demon, it looks clean but then you run on it....pfft

Intelligentsia
04-29-2003, 01:51 AM
Jeez! I set up the Penguin up again with the speed 400. Man that thing is so fast with 10 cells! I will change it back though for Socal. I will give the Penguin another shot on Saturday at Socal before I decide which car to run.

Thad Garner
04-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Intelligentsia,

If you need help with your Penguin chassis come see me, I’d be glad to assist.;)

Intelligentsia
04-29-2003, 11:53 AM
That's cool.

The problem that I seem to have with the car on the 140mm setup at Socal is traction rolling. I have stiffened my front suspension even more with some nitro fuel tubing. Hopefully this will make a difference because it is very hard to drive aggressively when you have to worry about traction rolling.

Thad Garner
04-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Intelligentsia,

Three things you can do...

1. True tires!
33mm front
34.5mm Rear

2. Glue tires!
Add a 1mm bead of super glue to the outer and inner side-wall.

3. Run the rear narrower than the front.

If you have ever sauced, motor sprayed or cleaned your fronts they are NO GOOD. It is super important that the fronts are dry and hard. My car is on the ragged edge of traction rolling and I have done every trick in the book to remove front bite.

-t

MOTEK RACING
04-29-2003, 12:35 PM
Hey good luck fellas. We won't be able to make it this weekend to Socal but we will be checking out RCX Sunday so maybe we'll see some of you there.
Happy Racing!

Intelligentsia
04-29-2003, 01:03 PM
WTF? Mike you can't make it? Aw man who is going to beat Thad then?:D. None of you three will be there?

Anyway Thad, thanks for your help. I have never sauced the fronts on the Penguin car. Do you think that the car would perform better on the 150mm setting?

ALapDown
04-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Deves
Hey Alapdown are you going to the Reedy race?
Signed up for the 19 turn class, made it in then had to pull out...unexpected financial concerns. I'm pretty bummed, but that's how it goes sometimes. I plan to head down there on Sunday to spectate.

Intelligentsia
04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
When is the Reedy race?

ALapDown
04-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MOTEK RACING
Hey good luck fellas. We won't be able to make it this weekend to Socal but we will be checking out RCX Sunday so maybe we'll see some of you there.
Happy Racing!
But I'm getting really good at moving over to let you by...:p

ALapDown
04-29-2003, 02:48 PM
When is the Reedy race?
May 24th & 25th.

MicroChoady
05-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Well guys thanks to the latest rain storm
we are suppose to get, it looks like
I will be racing at SoCal tomorrow.

Looking forward to racing with everyone again.

Intelligentsia
05-02-2003, 04:07 PM
The more racers the better! Rain or shine!

sumschmoe
05-02-2003, 08:58 PM
2 things....#1) Blind, do you have any 370's that I can but off of you? my motor is going out and I'm not gonna have time to go get another....Thanks in advance:D .... and #2) i just got off the phone with a friend who went to RCX today and he says not to expect a whole lot, in fact he was disappointed in it, so be warned...:eek:

BLiND
05-02-2003, 08:59 PM
nope, clean sold out, sorry bro :(

rpnick
05-02-2003, 10:36 PM
It sucked huh? Thanks for that sumschmoe, I was wondering... Sometimes the trade shows are pretty lame. Maybe I'll save my $10.00 :(

Very much hoping to meet you folks tomorrow at socal, but if it's rainy and crappy, I don't know if I'll make it. It's been one heck of a week, and I need an easy day. My car's almost done though :D Just need to trim the body, decal it, and mount the radio gear.

And lest ye all think I've totally gone to the dark side... I am seriously considering the $159 rtr, but I only have until Sunday, since they extended the sale. Darnitall, I want more disposable income!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Intelligentsia
05-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Sumschmoe, I have a motor that you can use. I have a few of these motors stockpiled so don't worry.

I will be up there all day tomorrow. I had free tickets to RCX and it is pretty close to Socal and I definitely won't miss that.

sumschmoe
05-03-2003, 12:07 AM
Thanks man, I'm gonna need one....Oh yeah, I got sumthing for you as well...

BLiND
05-03-2003, 01:39 AM
wanna know whats sad?

I took my micro apart on sunday night to clean it, and it's still sitting here on my desk half taken apart because I didn't have one minute all week to finish it up.

dammit, finals suck!

ALapDown
05-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Somehow I know you'll get it done, Blind!!!:p Saw the new layout tonite...didn't run it though. Had the car there, but it was an off-road night and I went there to race 2wd. Micro Moose saw the track too. He also had his Micro and didn't run it. We wouldn't want you guys to think we had an unfair advantage or something!;) See you all there!

ALapDown
05-04-2003, 02:42 AM
What can I say...too much fun!!! That was the best I've managed to get my Micro to run yet...and the Rabbid Chihuahua motor was ballistic! Thanks Micro Choady.

Thad, what can we mere mortals say...you da man! Sorry for bumpin' you around out there in the main, but you come up so fast I get scurred:eek: They did say that everybody who hit the "0" car got an extra lap per hit...guess that means I got like an extra 9 or 10 laps.:p

Can't wait to race with you all again. I think the bug is spreading...

BLiND
05-04-2003, 02:43 AM
good times, good times :D

Intelligentsia
05-04-2003, 03:01 AM
yup yup yup! Next stop Hobby People!

BLiND
05-04-2003, 03:03 AM
what day and where? Is it back up in my neighborhood yet? ;)

(Yes I'm too lazy to check)

Intelligentsia
05-04-2003, 03:05 AM
Nope, it's in my neighborhood. SD Ca.

sumschmoe
05-04-2003, 03:06 AM
Good times!!!!:D :D :D

BLiND
05-04-2003, 03:12 AM
hmm if we're counting all the hits on Thad as extra laps in the A-main, I wouldn't have finished last, I even took him out at the end of the straight once.

Anybody have a connection to some industrial grade servo tape? My battery came untaped, which in turn knocked my esc off its mount - which made the speed control freak out for some reason (the throttle was sticking, so I had to unplug and plug it back in) Until finally the esc moved so much it was hitting my front tire so I pulled the car.

it was fun trying to get the car to go straight though, lol!

Micro Moose
05-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Great time as always. I just have to figure out how to keep it off the wall on the straight. Seems I have too much steering on the straight and not enough on the turns. With that motor from Micro Choady I was going so fast when I crashed its seemed like I was doing flips all the way down the straight. Well I guess now I have the speed now I need the handling.

Thanks for keeping me out of last place in the A-Main again Blind. I know I can count on you.

BLiND
05-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Micro Moose
Thanks for keeping me out of last place in the A-Main again Blind. I know I can count on you.

pfft...lol

I still haven't figured out what really happened to my speed control, MicroChaody you run the same exact one, have you had any problems similar to what happened to mine?

-stuck at 1/4 throttle with no brakes or throttle control
-stopped dead a couple times but steering still worked

ALapDown
05-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Intel,

Got your email, I'll get back to you.

Blind,

Think you need to servo tape, Shoe Goo, tie wrap then wrap the whole thing in duct tape... We need to get you to finish a main over there!!! BTW, extra points for getting Thad on the straight.;) Just kidding Thad!!!:D

Intelligentsia
05-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey Blind,

I got two more sets of Orion soft rear foams!

I lucked up on them down here. I bought the last two sets.

Any of you coming down to San Diego for the next Hobby People race?

micro
05-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BLiND
hmm if we're counting all the hits on Thad as extra laps in the A-main, I wouldn't have finished last, I even took him out at the end of the straight once.

Anybody have a connection to some industrial grade servo tape? My battery came untaped, which in turn knocked my esc off its mount - which made the speed control freak out for some reason (the throttle was sticking, so I had to unplug and plug it back in) Until finally the esc moved so much it was hitting my front tire so I pulled the car.

it was fun trying to get the car to go straight though, lol!

How much you need, maybe I can send you a strip. About 2" wide and maybe send you 1' of it? LMK.

Oh yea, it's made by 3M, not those white foamy kind but the really good one if you know what I'm talking about.

Intelligentsia
05-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Blind,

Do you ever finish a main?:)

BLiND
05-04-2003, 11:48 PM
what the...3M makes good servo tape now? The imation factory is 2 minutes away from my girlfriends house here in Camarillo, so I could swing by and ask about it.

is it black? The stuff I was using that failed on me was Trinity servo tape, which is arguebly the best stuff you can buy. I think I'm going to shoe goo my esc this time, because my receiver is shoegoo'd on my car and its the only damn thing that didn't move...

BLiND
05-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Blind,

Do you ever finish a main?:)

I did when I beat you :p

Intelligentsia
05-04-2003, 11:52 PM
That was on a technicality:p

BLiND
05-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Hey Micro, do you race with us?

if you dont...why not?!

It's really a blast, and if I'm racing you're pretty much assured of not losing the main...

I'm proud of qualifying 5th for the A-main though, so all you be quiet, lol :p

micro
05-05-2003, 12:02 AM
Not yet, I plan to though. I work on Saturdays so I'll have to find a day off. Bleh, I suck too so don't feel bad. Lol, I'll probably end up in B main even though there isn't one!

About the servo tape, it's grey. Like I said, I'll send you a sample, and you tell me if it's good or not.:D

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Actually there was a B main.

BLiND
05-05-2003, 12:04 AM
oh there is a B main, there were 16 micro's last night when I counted, but I'm probably wrong, might have been more.

It's 6pm, sign ups close at 5:15pm so you could work like a half day and make it

micro
05-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Well, C main then:p

ALapDown
05-05-2003, 12:22 AM
I'll tell you what, a few more Micros show up and we may just have a C main!!! Hope you can make it out one of these times Micro. It's a blast and this group of racers are all really cool people to share the driver's stand with. If you know of anybosy else with a Micro who wants to run, bring'um down!

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey Glenn,

Any news yet?

rpnick
05-05-2003, 10:58 AM
When and at which Hobby People is the next race? I went there yesterday and couldn't find a flyer for it. btw, does anyone know a good place to buy a dremel cheap?

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Hey,

The next Hobby People race is in Escondido on May 17, 03. For more info visit hobbypeople.net.

As far as a dremel, WalMart sells them pretty inexpensively.

Did you go to Socal on Saturday? It was a beautiful day up there.

rpnick
05-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Thanks Intelligentsia, and that's the store I went to even. Man are they ignorant there...

I was just checking Harbor Fright, I mean freight's chinese prisoner made one. 12v for $9.99 with 200 accessories. I wonder if it's worth it, or a pos? Probably should buy the real one first, knowing me! Save a nickel, spend a dime... :rolleyes:

Nope, it was pouring and I was a little er... fuzzy from Friday's festivities so I finished my car up and went and played locally with it. Bummed I didn't make it but I will ab-so-tively make the Escondido race. I might even enter if I feel confident enough with my ability level! I am improving... Can't wait to get home tonight to go run it. Ye old SB City Hall across 101 from me has a newly paved parking lot! I really have no idea what tuning changes to make so far, but I'm trying to get a clue...:D

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 01:47 PM
You should just enter the race. It's all in good fun. Not to mention the fact that it is only $7 to race.

rpnick
05-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Quite right, I should. I thought it was more on the order of $20. Better than a day of racing at C-bad mx. That's a $47 day. Fun, but... OUCH!

BLiND
05-05-2003, 02:01 PM
$7 and a free raffle entry ;)

if its anything like the camarillo HP races everybody walks away with something...

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 02:19 PM
I have a feeling that this race will be a bit larger than the Camarillo race. Also if any of you here are interested in an MX-3 radio let me know. I may be selling mine to upgrade to an M8.

MicroChoady
05-05-2003, 02:52 PM
I will be posting the results from SOCal
as soon as I get a free minute.
Boy was that a great time!

One of these days I will get it together to
post a good qualifiying time.

Intell, you and I were running very tight.
Looks like we keep trading places.:)

I can't wait for the next "Big Micro race"

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 03:06 PM
That was the only time that I finished a race. I ran a totally different setup than what I was running previously. I am surprised that I did that well. Next time I am going for that other sponsored HPI guy and you too Alapdown Micro Choady I am sure that you will be in the main next time too. Oh wait a minute, will you two be going to the Hobby People race? Hopefully we will have a chance to race together again before Socal.

Micro Choady How are those motors coming along?

MicroChoady
05-05-2003, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BLiND
[B]

pfft...lol

I still haven't figured out what really happened to my speed control, MicroChaody you run the same exact one, have you had any problems similar to what happened to mine?

-stuck at 1/4 throttle with no brakes or throttle control
-stopped dead a couple times but steering still worked [/B

Blind, I haven't had any problems with mine.
Your car was definitely whack!
Have you tried to reprogram it?
I run a similar ESC (the ECO 20) in my stock Micro
run at least 4 days a week since November with no problems.
Check your solder joints?
I don't know what to tell you.

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Lol Blind he said your car was whack! Those sound like fightin words to me:D

BLiND
05-05-2003, 03:31 PM
I can't hear fighten words from the B main boys...

:p

Intelligentsia
05-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I'll give you some fightin words my friend! So will micro Choady next time we race. Hey at least we finished our race! lol:D

ALapDown
05-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Blind,

You better finish a race pretty soon. These guys aren't gonna let you up for air!!!:p

BLiND
05-05-2003, 03:40 PM
yep, car is going to be completely rebuilt for the next race.

I've got my tire setup now, it was working really good for the 5 laps I got in the main, finally no push and no oversteer...

MicroChoady
05-06-2003, 12:15 PM
yep, car is going to be completely rebuilt for the next race.

I've got my tire setup now, it was working really good for the 5 laps I got in the main, finally no push and no oversteer...

Lets see.....:rolleyes:
A-Main 5 minutes long, Blind does 5 laps......
B-Main 4 minutes long, Intell and MC do 15 laps.....

Intelligentsia, I think we gots room to talk!

Just kidding Blind.
I can't wait to beat you when you car is working:D

Intelligentsia
05-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Lol, very well said!

ALapDown
05-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Oh man is it hot in here!!!

Intelligentsia
05-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Hey ALapDown, did you get my last e-mail? I am trying to get this ball rolling.

Thanks

ALapDown
05-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Got it. I'll let you know when I hear more.

BLiND
05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
lamar, I sent you an email a couple days ago but it bounced, it was re: bodies.

G_bruin
05-06-2003, 10:03 PM
I am glad I was able to bring up the rear in the B-main. I can't believe my coreless just gave out... At least I have a month to make myself a bit more respectable.

Intelligentsia
05-07-2003, 12:44 AM
lamar, I sent you an email a couple days ago but it bounced, it was re: bodies.

Hey Blind,

my e-mail address changed. Just e-mail me from my profile. It has been updated.

Intelligentsia
05-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Hey guys,

There is a race this Sunday by Knott's Berry Farm at La Mirada. If enough of you are interested we can run a micro class there. The track is a very smooth asphalt and it is very fast.
For those of who have seen the video from Motek Racing, this is the track at which the EXO was unveiled.

ALapDown
05-07-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by G_bruin
At least I have a month to make myself a bit more respectable.
As long as you race a Micro, there will always be respect for you!!!:cool:

rpnick
05-07-2003, 11:57 AM
is the La Mirada track the one at 13810 La Mirada Blvd? I see it's about 1.5 hrs from here... But Sunday is Mom's day, but maybe she'd like to go too! :eek:

Intelligentsia
05-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah that is the address. It will take you less than 1.5 hours to get there. It will probably only take you an hour and 10 minutes or so. Is there anybody else here interested? Signups close at 10:30. I need a head count so I know whether or not to go.

rpnick
05-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Judging from the pics, it's a nice looking place. I'll check and see what Mom's up to. We usually do something a day or two after, when the restaurants aren't so busy! I'm sure she won't mind, so if we get a group, I'll go.

Intelligentsia
05-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Hey rpnick help me get some guys out there.

rpnick
05-07-2003, 02:14 PM
I'm trying, man, I'm trying! I just called my partner in crime and he's a "maybe we'll see". He's crying the blues since he has to get a new esc. A couple kids showed up at city hall last evening, but so far I've been the only one running anything. It's way more fun with more than one car.... C'MON FOLKS!!! The more the merrier, let's make it a worthwhile trip. :D

btw, which dremel do you have? there's about a million listed at wally world!

Intelligentsia
05-07-2003, 02:16 PM
I use the 7.2 volt cordless Dremel. It came with I think 50 additional pieces as well as a case. It was around $35.00

rpnick
05-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Thanks, I'll drop by on my lunch and see if I can find one. I'm kinda torn between that and one of those reamers. But at $20, I'd rather put it towards the dremel, which seems more useful overall.

rpnick
05-09-2003, 12:37 PM
Well Intelligentsia, that was a dismal failure wasn't it? Are you going?

Intelligentsia
05-09-2003, 12:52 PM
For some reason every time that I post about a race at the La Mirada race track nobody is interested. I don't know why it is a great track.

I will probably go if you do. I just like watching rc cars race.

Then I can go see my mother after the race is over.

rpnick
05-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Well, if you have to go that direction to see your Mom anyway (or maybe I just inferred that?) I definitely think it'd be fun to check it out. Mentioned it to my bro yesterday, and he's interested too, so it's likely we'll go. I'll post tomorrow, or early Sunday to let you know for sure.

Saw something about a race in Corona somewhere too. Do you know anything of that? On another board. Nobody's replied as to the when/whereabouts yet.

Intelligentsia
05-09-2003, 02:17 PM
No, don't know anything about that.

Do you plan to race on Sunday? Also,

will you be at Hobby People next Saturday in Escondido?

rpnick
05-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I don't know if I plan to race this Sunday, but from what you were saying, I really want to do the HP Escondido race though. I will definitely be there!!!

rpnick
05-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Just got this link about corona stuff http://www.titushobbies.com/

Deves
05-09-2003, 07:38 PM
Racing at La Mirada is fun and it's this Sunday which I probably won't make it. (Socal.rcracing.com) They are supposed to set up the track like the Tamiya track. The Reedy race is coming up in 2 weeks and people want to practice.
Also there is a race in Corona on Mothers day (Titushobbies.com)
where Micro's race free! :D

Intelligentsia
05-10-2003, 12:12 AM
will you race your micro at Corona Deves?

I just want to race!!

Deves
05-10-2003, 11:00 PM
I changed my mind and I have made the effort to get ready for .....La Mirada tommorow!! :D

Intelligentsia
05-11-2003, 02:12 AM
I will bring my Evo III and my micros tomorrow. See you there!!

rpnick
05-11-2003, 09:36 AM
WAAAAHAAA You guys are going now? Shoot, I can't get hold of my Mom 'til 9am, so I'm gonna be late if at all. Dangit, I almost checked here last night but I fell asleep. Why, oh why did I give her that first card about 10yrs ago? Mom's day didn't mean a thing to her until I did that and now if I forget, I am a dead man!!!:eek: ;)

I will make every effort to meet you guys there. I need practice, practice, practice before next week. ...N :(

Intelligentsia
05-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Here is the deal. signups close at about 10:30. It won't take you very long to get there. I am on my way out now but if you need me to sign you up or something just call me.

619-917-0610
I am Lemar

Talk to you soon.

duxrneet
05-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey, Intelligentsia, I sent the MO for the ball diff a while ago, have you gotten it?

Deves
05-11-2003, 05:29 PM
rpnick, don't beat yourself up you didn't miss anything we didn't run micros today..

rpnick
05-11-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks Intelligentsia, put you iin my cell. Mine is (858) 449-3877 I am Nick, rp is my home surf break. Meet you next week at Escondido.

Thank you Deves, kinda feeling I'll never get to "play cars" with you guys as my friend's wife loves to say!!!

Been a lousy day. Not to air dirty laundry, suffice to say lots of bs.

BUT--- I scored an airbrush setup, complete w/ compressor, on permanent loan. It's a Snap-on, which I understand is a Badger. Now what do I do with it?! :)

I'm headed over to city hall to play w/ my 1/10... no waves. :(

Intelligentsia
05-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by duxrneet
Hey, Intelligentsia, I sent the MO for the ball diff a while ago, have you gotten it?

To be quite honest with you, no I I have not received anything from you. I figured that you weren't buying it.

Just drop me an e-mail off the foorum so that we can figure things out.

duxrneet
05-12-2003, 12:26 PM
I've been trying, but your e-mail is all fooked. I keep getting error messages. :(

Intelligentsia
05-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Ugh,

I just got an e-mail from this site letting me know that you responded to this thread.

My e-mail address is sunnysc@mac.com

Thanks