PDA

View Full Version : questions on 1/8th scale and .21 cars

jw_j
03-16-2003, 12:09 AM
does anyone know if there is a .21 engine out on the market that comes with a screw on tuned pipe?

Roelof
03-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Most car engines have a have a small exhaust tube with a rubber for connecting the manifold with a spring.

I think you have to take a look at plain engines or the old cheap OSMAX (clones).

If you can tell what ithe plan is, maybe we can work it out with a other engine...

jw_j
03-17-2003, 05:22 PM
yea probably, i know i hate those springs, i sliced my hand open on the one on my storm, you know anything about Hitec servos by any chance? ive used my hitec digital steering servo about 10 times and its already burned out

Roelof
03-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Never had any problems with those springs and I run gas cars for over 13 years by now....

Hitec Servo's should not burn out that fast. Is there something heavy goin in your steering or is the servo blocked by the end stops in your steer ?

jw_j
03-18-2003, 02:51 AM
no, friend of ours said that he went through five before he got one that worked right, they have bad amprages or something in them, btw whats up with your avatar?

Roelof
03-18-2003, 03:05 AM
Ik think you have to contact Hitec about it, I believe www.hitecrc.com

My avatar is a English/Australian artist named Holly Vallance, just take a search on the web for her :p

Pipeous
03-18-2003, 01:12 PM
I had a hitec in my 8th scale buggy for 2 years, it has since been in a clod for another year. I have 2 in my nmt, one in my ntc3 etc etc. I have never had a problem with hitec. they don't like 6 cel rcvr packs so if you did that I would also check ut the rcvr cuz they fry with 6 cels too (no bec without an esc) I learned the hard way on this one, can you say runaway 8th scale?

blunt
03-18-2003, 08:53 PM
I've heard bad things about the hitec digital line. They burn up quick unless you have the programmer to set them up correctly. I have heard of the same thing happening to many other people. Best bet is just to stick with the regular ones. They work great!

I hate the mani springs too. But they aren't too bad if you use needle nose pliers.;)

jw_j
03-19-2003, 12:59 AM
the reciever works perfectly, because the other servo still works(after i put the wires back in the connector that is) and its a digital metal geared servo its like 5625 or something like that