PDA

View Full Version : my clod project

hated1racing
03-12-2003, 10:54 PM
this has been in the works for a bit and is almost done. i need the aluminum wheels and progressive shocks to seal the deal. the one thing i am up in the air about is whether to keep it fast or lock the diffs and get the thunder tech gear reduction system for crawling. one day soon i will decide. owell, here are some pics....

hated1racing
03-12-2003, 10:56 PM
here is another...

hated1racing
03-12-2003, 11:00 PM
and the last. that is the new savage in the background. i am going to try to get it broken in tomorrow, this weekend they are calling for 5-10ft. of snow. then it is time to build some kickers to see if the savage can fly.

blind, if you are still coming up to tahoe this weekend, it may be the best of the season. if the forecastors are correct that is.....

BLiND
03-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by hated1racing
blind, if you are still coming up to tahoe this weekend, it may be the best of the season. if the forecastors are correct that is.....

g'damn that sucks, 5-10ft of fresh snow?!?!?!!?!

argh!

My brother blew it off last weekend, and we were all going for his birthday (16th) also....

clod looks badass BTW, I love the green machine's ;)

Mondo
03-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Hated1racing,

That is one wicked Clod! What chassis conversion is that?
I have to admit, I love the cantilever suspension system, absoloutely awesome.
Are you gonna toss a pair of brushless motors in that beast?

hated1racing
03-19-2003, 05:47 PM
it is a jps chassis with the aluminum trannies and axle tubes. i thought about going brushless but, that would cost a fortune. maybe one day if i dont turn it into a rock crawler.

thanks for the compliment!

hpidriver
03-19-2003, 09:47 PM
How fast can that thing go?(with normal motors)

hated1racing
03-19-2003, 10:23 PM
it has 2 13t motors and 2 7.2 volt packs. it is fast. from a stand still it will roast all four tires on the pavement. i am happy with the speed, i still need to get some good shocks on it to maximize its handling characteristics....

hpidriver
03-19-2003, 10:54 PM
okay, thanks. I wasn't sure because a stock TXT-1 goes 5 mph

hated1racing
03-20-2003, 07:32 PM
a stock txt-1 has to go faster than that right? maybe 10mph?

hpidriver
03-20-2003, 10:20 PM
that's why I asked how fast your clod went.The TXT-1 goes 5mph w/ the silver can 540's: http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/tamiya_tx1.asp

hated1racing
03-20-2003, 10:24 PM
that is a huge disappointment. i forget what pinions i am running but, mine is certainly faster than that.

hpidriver
03-20-2003, 10:37 PM
I read the rest of the article and they put in 16T motors and seemed to be A LOT better.

hated1racing
03-27-2003, 04:27 PM
here is an original body that i bought and have been working on for some time. i removed all of the chrome and painted the old chrome parts black. i wanted a cross between an original clod and the simon and simon power wagon. i think it turned out good. waitning for some imex puller tires and wheel extensions. the wheels will also be black. check it out:

sleepy
11-22-2003, 03:09 AM
well i dont really know how old this thread is, but i was wondering if you (hated1) or anyone else had some good links to rockcrawling rcs. I am thinking about maybe a clod but sure could use some advice. like right now i have an E, but i want to keep it as is and have Something dedicated to rock crawling. anybody have any suggestions?? thanks

hated1racing
11-24-2003, 07:03 PM
well you can start here.
http://www.rcguy.com/
http://www.clodparts.com/main.shtml
http://www.thundertechracing.com/
http://members.aol.com/clodjunkyard/junkyard.htm

the rc guy chassis definately looks the best for rockcrawling. you are going to need straight axle set-ups and gear reduction systems to get going. it wont be cheap!

good luck

Pipeous
11-24-2003, 07:08 PM
RC Guy
A good Canadian kid there eh?

His stuff is sweet.

hated1racing
11-24-2003, 07:16 PM
pipe, have you seen his stuff in person? it really looks like it is the way to go and it isn't that expensive compared to the 340$ jps chassis....

sleepy
11-24-2003, 09:48 PM
thanks hated..
i thought a rock crawler would be something cool and it lets you get a little wild and crazy with where you drive. thanks agaIN

hated1racing
12-03-2003, 09:06 PM
sleepy, here is a pic of the guts of my clod. it looks like more of a cluster f*** than it really is. those esc's that novak makes for the maxx cannot go very low in turns so mod motors are out. that is why i am running dual esc's.

Pipeous
12-03-2003, 10:22 PM
I have not seen them in person but he sent us a ton of pics on the local forum. He lives on the island, perfect rock crunching area. I fell in love with his first stuff and it just seemed to get better and better.
Interested in trying more cels in your monster truck there hated 1? I'll drop you a line and explain later (take a look later at the front of my airwold heli and you will see what I mean, they are done :D ) small enough for a micro heli..... and handles 24 cels .... I owe you one anyway...

hated1racing
12-03-2003, 10:52 PM
i actually wouldnt mind running another 6-8 cells. 18-20 cells total, man that thing would be ballistic. it is already fast. let me know what you have cooking! did you get that last e-mail about maybe trying to score a body for the crono when you get to the shop? no hurries just wondering.

Pipeous
12-04-2003, 05:34 AM
you bet. I just have to get out there. I barely leave my neighbourhood now, it's dam cold and I really hate buses. I will grab a gas tank too....
take a look in helis. pics are up...

hated1racing
12-04-2003, 10:24 AM
you have me thinking about ore cells now. damn you, i will never finish any of my projects. LOL

waiting on parts from jps for the clod though. hit a boulder the size of a vw bus in the dark wide open showing off. i was on my deck and couldnt see the thing. ouch. i broke some things but, the chassis just doesnt sit right. all aluminum so no telling exactly where the problem lies. i will replace the definate owies and hope the stance comes back to normal. if not, i will be scratching my head for sure.

sleepy
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
thanks hated,
i will post some pics of the clod when it comes in and see if there is anything right off the bat you would suggest. i ended up not getting the Novak EVX. right now the truck has the super rooster in it and i am looking at starting with some 17 turn motors. so how many cells are you running now? and just curious, but how does than internal antenna work for you, lose any range? thanks

hated1racing
12-04-2003, 09:10 PM
i am running 12 cells at the moment. the internal antenna works great and i did it that way because these things can roll and they tumble very elegantly. just want to keep the antenna safe. send me some pics when you get it! more batteries = more fun!

BLiND
12-04-2003, 09:15 PM
I use an internal antenna on my T-maxx also.

thats the antenna zip tied to the top of the shock tower, works perfect.

before I would break the antenna tubes constantly with the truck, the thing wheelies so much that when it backflips it really jacks stuff up, lol.

hated1racing
12-04-2003, 09:24 PM
blind, may get you to build me some packs if pipeous comes through with this esc. (i have great faith in the pipe-man)

i have a millenium charger and need to see how many nicads it will charge at a time. maybe two ten cell packs? that would be sick!!!!!!!

sleepy
12-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Hated,
hey man, where did you get those aluminum drive shafts and knuckles, etc? i got my clod(havent taken pics yet) and found a few things that i want to do to it, so looks like i wont be playing with it til about spring time.
thanks for any info

hated1racing
12-13-2003, 10:30 AM
http://www.jpspro.com/

they are not cheap. browse this site. my whole truck is from jps.