PDA

View Full Version : belt tensioner...

blimpie
03-15-2002, 02:06 PM
I KNOW:( .......did a search on it but cant seem to find pics or instructions on it, The only thread on found said that "you mount the tensioner on the rear deck by the post"...., it seems like the tensioner would be minimal, the gap between the belt and the battery is roughly about a 1/16, so how would the belt tensioner be effective? maybe its just me! :confused:

I dont have a problem with belt slippage, but the belt does seem kinda loose!

armithius
03-15-2002, 02:45 PM
You know those little plastic rollers on each end of the micro. They are what keep the belt from skipping. I think only in extreme micro cases would a belt tensioner be necessary. I have never had the belt skip even as loose as it is.

svenhoek
03-15-2002, 02:53 PM
From my understanding you want it as loose as possible without skipping and with the reletively low tourque of the micro motor a belt tensioner is not really neccesary. If you absoulutly have to have it it is made out of two bearings, the same size as the belt guide, and an extra mount from the front assembly, the little plastic part that you screw the front belt guide into. you screw that into the rear deck post and then you get a long screw and some washers and screw the bearings over the belt pulling down. this setup would only work if you glue or velcro your battery to the main chassis.
-Sven

Woody
03-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Here's a quick test. put the front wheels of your micro between your knees so that they are secure. then try(not too hard) to rotate the back wheels with your hands. I bet it doesn't skip, if it does, just try replacing the belt before you put tension to it.

blimpie
03-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Word!
yeah thats what I sort of figured!
:rolleyes: