PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Overland!

BLiND
01-04-2003, 04:32 PM
http://kevint.kicks-ass.net/overland/over1.jpg
http://kevint.kicks-ass.net/overland/over2.jpg
http://kevint.kicks-ass.net/overland/over3.jpg

This thing is TOO cool! Its a bit slow (but everything is to me) but it can romp all over my house, it does traction roll on carpet at full speed and the shocks are a bit too *springy* but they make an oil shock upgrade that I will be getting, and I already have bearings in the mail from hong kong, so it will be a little faster :D

HO502cid
01-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Damn you man, now I need to buy one of these as well. Your poor 350Z Bit, getting ran over by the bigger brother. :(

Dan Sparbel
01-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Hahah, does Carli mind all your toys?

BLiND
01-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Dan Sparbel
Hahah, does Carli mind all your toys?

I have to buy her a peice of jewelery for every toy that I buy myself ;)

so yea, this overland didn't cost me just the $150 that was the car and shipping, but it came out to 200 bucks because of a nice crystal + white gold mermaid figure wrapped pendant...

*sigh*

my review of the overland: worth every fricking penny.

drove it outside, in the dirt, on grass...the only thing it would get hung up on is tufts of grass or twigs (it would high center)

speed = faster than a stock micro, actually pretty close in top end speed to my elite mod + 6 cell powered micro rs4, which is pretty sad considering the size and cost of getting/running the car! And I don't even have the bearings in it yet!

body status: broke off one of the front fog lights, scratched the front right bumper a smige, and the inside is covered with dirt :D

It survived being hit by a dalmation 6 times though, and they are both full grown :p

TFRMicro
01-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey, where did you order your kyosho overland?

is it www.rcmart.com from HK?

I just got a Kyosho mini F1 and want to hop it up already, was wondering if you know shipping from that online shop?

BLiND
01-06-2003, 03:59 PM
I got it from www.mini-zracer.com (USA store)

he has some hopups, but not really, gets sold out of everything very fast (no more overlands there)

I would recommend Stellamodels on eBay though ;)

BLiND
01-06-2003, 04:02 PM
oh and an update on the speed of it!

I raced it against a micro rs4 at my local track, the rs4 had:
hpi mod motor
HB upper and lower cf decks
HB aluminum front end (lower/upper bulk, dog bones)
HPI heatsink motor mount
HB front and rear aluminum shocks
HPI soft rear tires, kit front
a purple aluminum motor pod
HPI pro control esc
hitec AM radio system w/standard size servo
running a BMW body with 4AA's in the stock battery holder and a 9t pinion

overland matched his speed :D I was totally surprised!

Mondo
01-07-2003, 08:29 AM
Hehe,

BLiND, as you know, I have an Overland on it's way to me.

I also have quite a Mini-Z collection.
I own two Mini-Z Racers (cars)
One of them is a pure black CLK DTM with a TLP twin turbo, ball-diff, front anti-roll kit, full bearings, alloy wheels, foam tires, carbon O-plate, alloy motor mount and a ball-raced highly modified 130 motor

It does match my Micro on speed, but falls very short in the handling department.

I have two F1s. One is standard.
The second one is equipped with alloy wheels, soft slicks, ball-diff, fully ballraced with a bearing motor. Awesome.
It's the best handling Mini-Z in my fleet.

Mini-Z's also have twitchy steering characteristics, none of them handles quite as well as a Micro RS4

BLiND
01-07-2003, 01:08 PM
you're right on the twitchy steering, especially at high speed, its very hard to get the overland to go in a striaght line, especially after I put the diff-locker in (I dont want to strip the gear that everybody else on mini-zracer.com is stripping)