PDA

View Full Version : MRC Superbrain 959 charger

Whatup1049p
02-27-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi i wanted to know if this is a good charger. It has so many features and a low price still is it a good charger. Also will it tell me how to correctly charge my batteries at how many amps etc?

Thanks,
Whatup1049-

armithius
02-27-2002, 10:31 PM
Its a great charger for the price. Couple of things though:
-Get a fan for it if you plan to charge sub-c cells (10th scale cells).
It tends to get a bit warm with the bigger batteries, but hey you can't get everything for $50.

-It does not come with instructions on what to charge cells at however here is my RECOMMENDATIONS. They may not be everyone's, but will get you close.

-Micro Sized NImh batteries - .5 to 1 amp, I prefer .5 amp
-Micro sized Nicad batteries - same as above, but will handle 1 amp much easier.
-Sub C Nimh cells - No more than 3 amps
-Sub C Nicad cells - Could go up to 4 amps or so.
-Single Sub C cell, like for a glow ignitor - Always use the .5 amp setting on this charger.

Hope that helps a bit.

scmicromike
02-28-2002, 07:50 AM
i like the charger and esspecialy for the price but i was carging 7 NiMh batts (AA) and burnt it out it was smoking and buzzing and smelt like the electronics were burning so i have to send it in and hopefully it was just a defect. i will probably get another one so when i get that one back i will have two one for nicad and one for NiMh

xxtcrgp
02-28-2002, 06:43 PM
why would you get one for each type of battery?

scmicromike
02-28-2002, 06:50 PM
well i would get my old one back and i need a charger now while i wait for my old one so then i will have two chargers and i could have one charging my sanyo 3000s and one charging my other nicads so if i have any other problems i will know if my NiMh are bad

modular
03-01-2002, 01:53 AM
I recently bought a Dynamite Mega Peak or whatever and it only lasted like two weeks so I upgraded to the MRC Super Brain and it has been a total piece of **** so far. It false peaks constantly and regularly "freaks out" to the point where I have to unplug it because the user interface becomes unresponsive. Could be that I just have a defective one *shrug*, but everyone knows the old adage - "you get what you pay for". I think I will take the plunge and get the Millenium Pro or possibly the schultze isl 6-330
http://rc-direct.com/schulzeisl6330.htm It's got a ton of great features and comes with a solid reputation.

Turbo Cloud
03-01-2002, 02:39 PM
I was going to get one combo with that Charger then i decided not to i still think it is pretty good

scmicromike
03-01-2002, 10:27 PM
how much is that schultze charger? is it the "economy charger " or is it like 300 dollars?