PDA

View Full Version : motor q

massimo
02-27-2002, 04:05 PM
hi im new to this hobby and i just wanted to know which is the best motor (the elite mod or the big block) if im just into high speed street bashing

TFRMicro
02-27-2002, 05:13 PM
ppl say the big block have more high end...

massimo
02-27-2002, 05:40 PM
i heard that to

but is their such a big difference in the low end caracter of the elite and the high end of the big block when your driving

svenhoek
02-27-2002, 05:59 PM
While there is no debate about the speed 300 being the racers motor of choice, they run maybe 10 minute mains, so efficiency is not a major factor but with they elite mod your run times are not much less than stock with good nimhs. The elite is an excelent choice for street bashing. Your freewheel speeds at 7.2 volts and a 13 tooth pinion with the elite are around 21mph and the same setup with the speed 300 gets you around 28mph with quite a bit less low end. In the end I think a street-basher(like myself) should go for the elite. Another thing to watch out for is the front parts, I practice at a 1/10th carpet track now and then and running the stock motor at 7.2v I barely tapped the track wall at the end of the strait and busted a knuckle. This problem is compounded with any mod. Finally one last thing to consider after running stock you are never going to consider the elite slow unless you compare it head to head with the speed 300.

massimo
02-27-2002, 08:15 PM
thx alot

and i just received(my cuzin just gave it to me:)!) the hpi mod

i guess i will try that engine and see if i need a faster one