PDA

View Full Version : gt-4

kryptonix
10-05-2002, 10:39 PM
i just bought a yokomo gt-4 rtr and i love it its a real nice car it handles really well does anyone else own one here?

KirkE
11-05-2002, 01:44 PM
I got the GT-4Wrb kit, (second hand), last June and absolutely love the thing. Came with the kit original RB Concepts X-12 3-port turbo motor. The thing is scary-fast!!!
At the moment, I have some carbon fibre bits ordered for next summer's racing series so I can't wait. (Up 'ere in 'da nord, we only gots a couple-a good month ta race inda outside...)

Kirk

tjrcs
03-09-2003, 09:47 AM
how long is the life of yokomo engine (.18ic)?? and in nitro engine in general???

troll
03-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Drag race ya!

:D

click (http://mochunk.net/rccars/gfx/fusion/fusion2.jpg)

Troll

That_Darn_Punk
03-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Dude, wouldn't the fusion kill the gt-4?

kryptonix
03-09-2003, 08:53 PM
it probably can kill my gt-4 i only have a few mods here and there cvec exhaust and gs carbon fiber boost bottle but i am sure if you strap a .21 and a three speed trans. on any 10th scale im sure it can kill most other cars i dont really like schumacher my lhs doesnt carry their stuff anymore just because of poor customer service i was thinking of getting the 21xtr but when i seen it in person it was a real disapointment a big yellow chassis yeah it hauls a$$ but no thanks

TuRbObOi
03-09-2003, 10:46 PM
im planing 2 get an yokomo rtr also. what body did u get? the rx-7 or the porsche?

Pipeous
03-09-2003, 11:37 PM
I ran a GT4 last year. I think it is the fastest and most well equiped rtr out there. The yok will hang with any car. I had a mugen mtx2 before that and I honestly think the yok was a nicer car. Mine was a W with the R spec lowered shock tower to run the toyota body. Dude, the escudo body fits nice and is an amazing body for downforce, just re inforce the rear wing a bit with shoe goo to stiffen it.

Yokomousa forum is awesome for setup help and stuff. As far as nitro stuff is concerned, there are many many racers there that can steer you right. Look for Modellor, he has literally written the book on the GT4, and a few others. Oe thing, the aluminum pulleys are different size than the stock plastic. you can play with overdrive by changing the pulleys. The fast set up is solid difs front and rear but you can find that stuff there.

I honestly only sold it becasue parts are a little hard for me to get here and I got a deal on my NTC3 so....

Big thumbs up

troll
03-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by kryptonix
it probably can kill my gt-4 i only have a few mods here and there cvec exhaust and gs carbon fiber boost bottle but i am sure if you strap a .21 and a three speed trans. on any 10th scale im sure it can kill most other cars i dont really like schumacher my lhs doesnt carry their stuff anymore just because of poor customer service i was thinking of getting the 21xtr but when i seen it in person it was a real disapointment a big yellow chassis yeah it hauls a$$ but no thanks

Your fuggin ' . ' broken or what?

Ugh, this is getting rediculous around this board. I feel like I'm talking to 8 year olds.

Troll

Roelof
03-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by troll
Drag race ya!

:D

click (http://mochunk.net/rccars/gfx/fusion/fusion2.jpg)

Troll

You will lose from my Mugen MRX3 :rolleyes:

http://www.verstappen.nl/UK/item31/pics/roelof/pages/Roelof1402012.htm

troll
03-10-2003, 03:36 PM
MM, ok. I guess so. I really don't know much about any of these. I just got the thing. My first nitro car, and it doesn't even run right yet. I got the carb all outta whack and running rich. So yeah probably. But whatever.

I'll keep the real speed going on the sportbikes ;)

Troll

kryptonix
03-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Turboboi i bought the one with the porche body i was going to get the one with the veilside rx-7 but they didnt have it in you have to paint the body anyways right now im running it with the saleen s7 body it handles alot different but in a better way