PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho XRT Pro....

Omega
09-14-2002, 09:29 PM
hey,

well, i just got a Kyosho XRT Pro for free, a friend of mine knows nothing about r/c, and was like....your into r/c here you go, it's a pretty nice truck, but it needs a lot of work, i was wondering, since the truck is discontinued, does anyone know were i could find parts for it, like, any tranny parts, cause it makes a lot of noise, and the wheels don't spin very well...........any help would be great!

thanks a lot
omega

ettsn
09-14-2002, 10:20 PM
Kyosho is pretty good about making parts available for a long while, and even then they tend to reuse many molds for other cars. I've got lots of old Kyosho cars, and while it can be a challenge, sometimes it's fun to hunt.

The best place to start is Tower since they have been full-line Kyosho dealers since about forever.

I'm lucky to have a LHS with lots of antique Ky parts around! :) If there's something specific you cannot find, let me know and I'll look for you next time I go out there. (it isn't my local, local hobby shop!)

-Paul

Omega
09-15-2002, 05:01 PM
hey man, thanks a lot, after i took the tranny all apart, i manged to throw some grease in there, and tighten a few things up, and now it's as good as new, all i need is a tie-rod ( i think it's called, the arm that goes fromt he sterring peice, to the wheel) and then the electronics....

thanks
omega