PDA

View Full Version : My AE86 after today's drift session.

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 12:55 AM
I just took this pic today right after I gave my car a little character through a high speed run into a toolbox wheel!

My AE86 is a custom mixed color that only some people can pull off. Nice and rigged!!:cool:

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 12:59 AM
Here's another pic I took today of the other cars that were drifting around. Pose for the camera!
>Wreckless Drifters RC<
Enjoy!

Nemisisi20
09-13-2002, 01:40 AM
Dude, that sucks!

are you going to keep that body as a "Beater" or are you gonna get another Tureno?

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Nemisisi20
Dude, that sucks!

are you going to keep that body as a "Beater" or are you gonna get another Tureno?

I'll eventually paint another one, but for now...I'll keep running this body. I think it gives my AE86 alot of character, since most of the time I drift around. Just alittle racer's tape(duct tape) on the crack and I'm set to go!!

jw_j
09-13-2002, 03:07 AM
you mean 2000 mile an hour tape

The Thunderer
09-13-2002, 03:09 AM
Now THAT is a definite OUCH!!!!

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by jw_j
you mean 2000 mile an hour tape

ahahaha! Yeah!

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by The Thunderer
Now THAT is a definite OUCH!!!!

Yes it sure was. Followed by alot of laughs.
We were running 4 cars in a pack on the straight away of the track. I pulled ahead and tried to turn to set myself up for a drift, then KAPOWEE! My car sat, looking totaled! I hit that thing at full speed(turbo coreless aka Elite mod w/12T)!

The Thunderer
09-13-2002, 03:23 AM
Weren't you the slightest bit UPSET???? I would be if my micro looked like that... after the time I spent on it!!!! LOL.

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by The Thunderer
Weren't you the slightest bit UPSET???? I would be if my micro looked like that... after the time I spent on it!!!! LOL.

No, no at all. As long as I didn't break anything under the shell, I just laughed it off. If it was someone else driving my car and this happened, then I would be upset.

I like painting micro bodies, so I'm not too worried. Plus my car's paint is nothing too fancy. Primered look!

micromind
09-13-2002, 02:19 PM
I don't think I'd be too mad at that. Should of seen an R/C airplane I had after flying it into a dumpster wheel.:eek:

microRS4guy
09-13-2002, 07:06 PM
I CANT VELIEVE THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BODY LOL I MEAN I HAVE HIT MORE THINGS THAN JUST A WEEL I HAVE HIT A WOODEN 8/8 AT FULL SPEED AND MY MICKO MADE A VERY LOUD CRACK I LOOKED AT THE CAR AND JUST THE STICKER WAS SCRATCHED LOL AND I HAVE A HPI MOD AND 7.2 V PACK AND IT KEEPS UP WITH THE ELIETE MODS ARROUND HERE SO DONT SAY I WAS GOING SLOWER LOL

sorry about the caps i was typeing the post and didnt realize it till the end and didnt feel like eraseing it

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by micromind
I don't think I'd be too mad at that. Should of seen an R/C airplane I had after flying it into a dumpster wheel.:eek:

Now that's a BIG OUCH!!

RyMicroRS4
09-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by microRS4guy
I CANT VELIEVE THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BODY LOL I MEAN I HAVE HIT MORE THINGS THAN JUST A WEEL I HAVE HIT A WOODEN 8/8 AT FULL SPEED AND MY MICKO MADE A VERY LOUD CRACK I LOOKED AT THE CAR AND JUST THE STICKER WAS SCRATCHED LOL AND I HAVE A HPI MOD AND 7.2 V PACK AND IT KEEPS UP WITH THE ELIETE MODS ARROUND HERE SO DONT SAY I WAS GOING SLOWER LOL

sorry about the caps i was typeing the post and didnt realize it till the end and didnt feel like eraseing it

I couldn't believe it either.....until it happened. I've smacked into alot of stuff in my garage at full speed, but I guess it was just my luck that part of the front end was going to crack and get caught onto my bumper holder. Also it cracked alittle bit on the wheel fender where it flexed. It was a cool crash though.

microRS4guy
09-13-2002, 10:20 PM
u aint seen a good crash till u accedeley run in to ur cat that walks in to the room when u ar going full speed (fliping cat and car loud smach then the shock of oh no my moms going to kil me for hittingthecat lol )

jw_j
09-15-2002, 02:19 AM
lol RS4guy when i first got my micro we had a cat that rode on the roof of my micro, the whole stinkin cat could fit on the roof of the viper body with room left, this was laying down by the way

jw_j
09-15-2002, 02:26 AM
and you want bad, i paid $25 for a big race at the track to enter, i put my 1/8 scale buggy on the track after letting a friend tune the engine, he tuned it all right, half throttle the thing could jump 40' on a little 6 pack, i barely tapped the throttle made it one lap, hit the table top, went over the pipe outlining the track landed between the two peices of pvc that are the lap counting system, landed ****eyed on my left wheel, pulled a screw with a 1/2" head through the chassis, flattened that side of the shock tower down, broke the hub carrier, the lower a-arm, and bent the hub carrier pin 90 degrees perfect, $100 and 2 months later i was back on the track(this was fathers day by the way) another guy drove it, broke the pull cord, lost a wheel pin, and had it runnin 598 degrees F, he cleared the table top and standing on the drivers stand(floor is 10' high) could look under the chassis

Lovin Sarah
09-15-2002, 04:19 PM
Ouch :eek: :( I would've gone berserk if that'd happened to my Porsche body...

My basement is 2 rooms, one is carpet and the other has a carpet runner and is bare painted cement, smoothed and flattened. I was gettin a slingshot effect going by running from the stairs along the outside edge of a pillar at full speed and shooting straight into the room with the cement floor, turn the wheel and simultaneously tap the brakes... would send the car spinning... Once i got this weird feeling cause i was running my Porsche body and i thought something might happen, but oh well, i slung it around and into the cement room anyways... i musta forgotten to turn the wheel before i tapped the brakes, cause it spun around and went headlong under the runner of a rocking chair... slowly backed out of it and saw a huge crack in the windshield :( :( :( Now I don't do that anymore, lol