PDA

View Full Version : Goin brushless..?

Nerve
08-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Ok, figured I would try and get some discussions going here..

I know the M18 is probably a better platform to upgrade further and even with upgrades, the Micro RS4 still lags behind. However, it is what I have as my car of choice and I'am still "somewhat" determined to make it more competitive w/ the M18.

I have thrown around the idea of swapping the T.O Big Block to a Castle Sidewinder 4200kv brushless kit. My reasoning for the 4200kv, according to Castles webpage it has lots of torque. Which, for the small track (indoor basement) that we run on in the winter time, torque would rule over top speed. Because no sooner do you get up to speed, you are in a turn.

Now on a completely different note, I have seen a M18 for sale w/ Exotek R3, XMS MG servo and a mamba 5400 w/ hard wire to esc wires for $250. Obviously I would be talking the fellow down in price. But, that was my other option instead of dropping a brushless into my micro.

Anyways ... discuss. :)

Markeymoto
08-23-2008, 12:40 AM
I have a micro rs4 with mamba 8000kv brushless motor powered by 11.1 lipo it will hang with or pass anything. But I cant keep tires on it. Is there a high rpm tire out there somewere? I cant find any...... AAAARRRRGGHH

alfred
11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
You just have to make sure that the rubbers are really glued on and if need be put a small bead of glue on the inner rim so that the wheels stay put.