PDA

View Full Version : running the hs-55 servo on a propulse

babetta80
09-18-2007, 09:18 PM
i have not tried this yet, but according to atomicmods.com, the hs-55 servo is a drop in when you use the team losi losb1226 servo saver... i will see if i can pick these parts up next time im at the lhs (which is an hour away :( ) if anyone tries this before i do, let me know how it works!

babetta

Canadian144
09-18-2007, 11:15 PM
i have not tried this yet, but according to atomicmods.com, the hs-55 servo is a drop in when you use the team losi losb1226 servo saver... i will see if i can pick these parts up next time im at the lhs (which is an hour away :( ) if anyone tries this before i do, let me know how it works!

babetta

Didn't someone else on this forum get a non MegaTech/Radioshack servo? I remember they said it fit perfectly.

If your LHS is an hour away, wouldn't it jut be a HS? 1 hour away isn't really local lol.

BloodyBastard
09-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Didn't someone else on this forum get a non MegaTech/Radioshack servo? I remember they said it fit perfectly.
Not all non-Megatech servo's are the same. Not all Hi-Tec (e.g. HS-55)servos are the same. He named this servo by it's specific model number. Noone else has mentioned that they tried an HS-55 on this board. (Did you happen to notice Babetta80's signature?)
It's obvious you have no experience with Hobby-Grade equipment. I would ask you to refrain from comments like this. Better yet, just refrain from commenting at all.

If your LHS is an hour away, wouldn't it jut be a HS? 1 hour away isn't really local lol.
This is just a smart-a$$ comment that is unecessary.
"Local" is relative to your area setting.. Rural, urban or suburban. Please keep your immature comments to yourself.

Erock 808
09-19-2007, 01:43 AM

I've been viewing the forums and monitoring your posts for some time now, and enough is enough!!! I'm now finally going to speak my mind about it!

This is a place for people to get help with questions pertaining to their R/C vehicles. It's also a place for people who take pride in their vehicles, and what they have done to it; who at times, may post some pictures for our fellow members to see. We are all here to help each other, not to bash each other. So as my fellow forum member BloodyBastard mentioned, smart-a$$ comments are unecessary!!!

Please do us all a favor. Don't come here just to post nonsense, or put down a fellow forum member. Keep your uneccessary comments to yourself. We gladly welcome any and all people to join the forums and take part, but please be mature about it. I am in no way saying that you are not welcomed here. I am just simpley asking that you refrain from unecessary comments.

Thank you very much!
Erock 808
Proud owner of three Pro-Pulse T100's

Canadian144
09-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Not all non-Megatech servo's are the same. Not all Hi-Tec (e.g. HS-55)servos are the same. He named this servo by it's specific model number. Noone else has mentioned that they tried an HS-55 on this board. (Did you happen to notice Babetta80's signature?)
It's obvious you have no experience with Hobby-Grade equipment. I would ask you to refrain from comments like this. Better yet, just refrain from commenting at all.

I never said that all non- Megatech servos were the same. I'm just saying that I recall someone put in an aftermarket servo in their pro pulse and that it fit well.

I found the topic when searching for it, however the guy had to do some work to it, it wasn't a direct-drop in. Maybe it was on another forum. I don't really remember, but I'll keep searching for it.

I know that I have no experience with Hobby-Grade equipment except for driving a Nitro truck for a few minutes. However I do know enough to know that there are different models or servos and different makers of servos.

This is just a smart-a$$ comment that is unecessary.
"Local" is relative to your area setting.. Rural, urban or suburban. Please keep your immature comments to yourself.

Jeez... it was just a joke. Most other forums (Test Drive Unlimited forum, Xbox Forum, Playstation Forum, Forzaworld.net, Xmods RC board on EZ boards, and G35Driver (my mom has an 07 G35x sedan) that I am on would just say 'lol' or something. Sorry, I guess I'm just used to that.

BloodyBastard
09-19-2007, 06:56 AM
I never said that all non- Megatech servos were the same. I'm just saying that I recall someone put in an aftermarket servo in their pro pulse and that it fit well...
What is the point of posting the obvious? You are posting comments that hold no technical merit. Did it really help?.. No

Jeez... it was just a joke. Most other forums .. blah, blah, blah.. would just say 'lol' or something. Sorry, I guess I'm just used to that.
I took it as ridicule. Did it have technical merit? Did it answer the author's question?..No.

You do not even own a Propulse yet you have posted more frequently than those that do. Your posts are nothing but clutter and now causing more useless responses. You have much to learn..

Shut up and read.

alfred
09-19-2007, 11:15 AM
this is a great forum to belong too, since this was my very first micro forum......now lets get on with it, canadian has been dealt with and is banned for 7 days.

thor14ed
09-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I tried a hs 55 the saver didnt fit but i had stripped the second gear in the stock servo and the hs55 gear was a direct fit.the final output gear is the only diff that i saw

Erock 808
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I tried a hs 55 the saver didnt fit but i had stripped the second gear in the stock servo and the hs55 gear was a direct fit.the final output gear is the only diff that i saw

So did you take the second gear out of the HS-55 and put it in the stock servo saver, or did you take the final output gear from the stock servo and put it in the HS-55? I'm curious to know. Maybe something I'd look into doing myself! :)

alfred
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Well if you check your lhs im sure you can just get the gear sets for the servo..........

http://www.hitecrcd.com/accessories/show?name=Servo+Gear+Set

babetta80
09-19-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah... but its cheaper to put a servo saver on it...

alfred
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Yes, yes i know....lol.....just putting it out there just in case members would like to get the gear set instead of buying a new servo.:D

thor14ed
09-19-2007, 08:42 PM
the output on the stock servo is larger the saver dosnt fit a hs55 and the output gears dont fit the case but the other gears in the servos are the same

Erock 808
09-19-2007, 08:46 PM
the output on the stock servo is larger the saver dosnt fit a hs55 and the output gears dont fit the case but the other gears in the servos are the same

Oh, okay! Thanks for the info. I guess I'll scrap the idea of running an HS-55 with a stock Pro-Pulse output gear.

babetta80
09-19-2007, 08:56 PM
well, i went to one lhs today, he didn't have the losi servo saver, or the hs-55 servo:( i just bought some body clips, and a complete screw set for the losi, which is pretty much the same as the pro pulse. anyway, im sick of waiting for stuff to ship, so its probably going to be a week before i can get these things and try it out... i thought i saw a 9g servo that was the same as the megatech at the lhs today, but eh side fins were rounded on one side and too thick. oh well:( hopefully hs-56 will hold up without a servo saver...

hockeypux19
09-20-2007, 10:59 AM
hs65 mg is a super tough servo that will use the saver off of an rc18t.
I run one because I bash and race the snot out of my 18t. It's been bullet proof so far (about a year) and I run every day several packs. I like it because it fits good and it is ball bearing and has metal gears.
I personaly would never run a plastic gear servo without a saver.

alfred
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Who would do such a thing......and its nice to see you back man.....where in the hell have you been.;)

hockeypux19
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Sup Alfred.....I've been swamped here at work...We are getting ready for this years SEMA show in Las Vegas. Tons of work to be done and not alot of time to do it. Doesnt leave alot of time for playing with toys either :(
Hopefully that will all change soon.

babetta80
09-20-2007, 01:03 PM
are you running the hs65 on a pro pulse? are you able to use the original servo mount/mounting screw holes?

hockeypux19
09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I use it on an 18t. I use the stock U-shaped servo hold down and trim the small boss off the bottom. Then I cut the ears off the servo and use a piece of servo mount tape underneath so that I can position it fore and aft as I need to so I can be inline for the bellcrank. The output gear on a ball bearing servo is usually further forward to make room for the bearing. or you could use the Alfred method of Shoe Goo:eek:

babetta80
09-20-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah, i think alfred makes a reference to shoo goo in every single post, lol.

im running a hs-56hb right now with a servo horn, its not going to last long.... i probably will go with the hs-55 and a losi servo saver, the servos are cheaper, 15 vs. 35...

hockeypux19
09-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I stripped a 56hb with a servo saver. Thats why I switched to the metal gear version.

alfred
09-20-2007, 06:31 PM
The reason why i mention it a lot is because when you race or bash nobody really uses foam tape anymore......the bond is just not there and it wears out, with shoo goo you dont have to worry about your electronics like rx or esc dragging along -which happened too me years ago---- This is the reason for me mentioning it.......