PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Paint (my Micro bodies)

Crash Rehven
07-12-2002, 02:57 AM
Ok, So I got my Micro two days ago, but I'm still waiting for my esc and (new) chassis. so what do I do? ...I paint!

This was the Stratus that came with my Kit... ( after I painted it.)

Crash Rehven
07-12-2002, 02:59 AM
This is the Stratus body I finished today... (still waiting for parts)

duxrneet
07-15-2002, 11:25 PM
I like them both very well! You make an ugly body (Stratus) look good!

The Thunderer
07-16-2002, 12:47 AM
GREAT Looking Stratus (Strati for plural? LOL) Crash! That's my favorite 140mm wb body... but I couldn't find one, so I bought a Mustang. Am I the only one who DOESN'T paint micro bodies???? I have yet to see a really BAD looking one and am afraid that the first one I see is the one I paint.

Awesome job! Let us see them when they're all set up on the chassis!

Mondo
07-16-2002, 05:46 AM
Crash,

Nice job there, was it done by airbrush or with rattlecans?

The Thunderer

I wouldn't dare post my M3 rush job here :D
I know my C5-R will look good, or at least better!

The Thunderer
07-16-2002, 06:27 AM
Actually, I've looked into getting an airbrush... even though I don't think I've got an artistic bone in my body. My only concern is spending about $100.00 toward an airbrush, and missing out on hopping up my Micros (my Mustang should be coming by the end of the week and my CR-5/Skyline is waiting for batteries). Talk about stuck between a rock and a hard place!!! :p I guess I'll decide after I get a good night's rest!:confused:

jw_j
07-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Thunderer if your not an artist why not do what im doing, let an artist look the body over and tell him/her they can do whatever they like with it, then all you have to supply is the paint and of course the body

The Thunderer
07-17-2002, 01:14 AM
Actually, I just did that for some Polycarb Mini-Z bodies. Steve did a GREAT, AWESOME, STUPENDOUS, TERRIFIC (etc. and so forth) job on them. I can't wait for them to get back to me (He's surprising me with one of them). Every penny was worth it.

I WILL try my hand at it though so that there are no "what ifs" in my life.

jw_j
07-17-2002, 01:38 AM
lol well i sent an HPI electric on road truck body and a bolink 65 camaro(i think) micro body with my dad who gave it to an artist he works with, the truck body he has had about a month the other a little over a week, i showed him the camaro body on fourth of july and he said hed have alot of fun painting it, i also sent all of my faskolor paints with him, hes painting them both by hand, hes a pretty good artist ive seen some of the drawings but knowing him ill get one of them back and it will have a hand painted nude person on it x.x

The Thunderer
07-17-2002, 01:53 AM
LOL. That would be funny. I saw an article where you could get any pic in a magazine on your body... THAT would be kewl! They had a Pepsi car with Britney Spears (from a Magazine Photo) placed on it. While I don't like her very much, she is pretty and having a car like that would be AWESOME... maybe change the pic. LOL.

My wife would kill me... even without NUDES.

Crash Rehven
07-17-2002, 03:02 AM
was it done by airbrush or with rattlecans?

Since I spent all my money on my micro (and other rc cars) I didn't have the money for an airbrush. It's all done with rattlecans.

Am I the only one who DOESN'T paint micro bodies???? I have yet to see a really BAD looking one and am afraid that the first one I see is the one I paint.

I think you don't see the bad bodies because no one is willing to show the bad ones! ;)

As for painting the bodies, all you need is a lot of time and patience to mask well and to do LOTS of light layers.

Good masking = Good looking
light layers (not thick) x many coats (wait for drying) = Good looking.:D

Oh yeah... one last thing, Thanks for the positive comments... it really boosts the spirits!:D :D :D

The Thunderer
07-17-2002, 03:04 AM
There's something about a metallic looking Stratus... the metallic silver looks awesome on that body!!!

Crash Rehven
07-17-2002, 03:09 AM
Heh... yeah.

I probably spent hours sketching and planning out the color schemes... but the silver kind of just came naturally!;)

Crash Rehven
07-19-2002, 11:18 PM
Ok. I finally got tired of waiting for my new chassis, and I put my car together stock. slow(-ish) but fun. It's hard to believe how smooth the ride is. It's so fun even at the stock motor's speed, I can't get my batteries charged fast enough.

Here's a pic of my (already slightly scuffed) body on the chassis. My electronics are a bit messy, because i'm planning on pulling them all off when i get my new pan chassis... (excuses, excuses:D )

phaseX
07-19-2002, 11:33 PM
yeah on that britany spears magazine glue, the article was in RC Car Action in the Feburary 2002 issue(i think) but the glue is available from xxxmain it is a special glue designed to stick to polycarbonate or lexan bodies and dries completely clear you can get it through your hobby shop or www.xxxmain.com

Crash Rehven
07-26-2002, 10:26 PM
I just completed my 150mm chassis and Corvette Body... So i thought I'd share...

Crash Rehven
07-26-2002, 10:27 PM
Here's the top view...
or car on it's side:p

Crash Rehven
07-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Ypu can see my piss-poor masking on some of these pics... especially since I decided to paint most of the car white!

duxrneet
07-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Hehe, the masking isn't so bad...I did about the same quality but I used stickers and the paint colors were similar (yellow and silver)

duxrneet
07-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Arrgh...my car looks different now, I changed the white number panel...and my mother lifted the digi-camera.

Crash Rehven
07-28-2002, 01:11 AM
duxrneet
Hey that's pretty nice!
I was originally thinking Yellow and White myself...but I bot a nice new can of "metallic" red... and i had to try it out!!:D

phaseX
07-29-2002, 05:14 AM
the vette really needs a rear wing look not so good without 1 but mad paint skillz:D