PDA

View Full Version : My first car

draco_young
07-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Here is a picture of my first paint job ever. Tell me what you think. I'm looking for ways to improve upon my painting skills some.

HO502cid
07-11-2002, 10:26 PM
The paint looks very nice and the only recommendation I can make is to try more than one color. Unless of course those aren't the stripes that came with the kit and you painted those yourself. It looks very well done.

armithius
07-11-2002, 11:20 PM
That's actually very nice looking. I did my first body back in the late 80's. It was a buggy body and it was painted completely white, (windows included) and then stickered to hell. The white paint was painted with a brush too, not even a spray can. Back then when you bought a combo through towerhobbies, it came with a few bottles of paint and a paintbrush. So compared to my first body, yours is awesome.

Crash Rehven
07-12-2002, 03:10 AM
That looks nice. Keep up the good work. like HO502cid said, doing a couple (or more) colors makes a body look just that much better... but for your first Pint job... that's awesome!

My first paint job was in the mid '80s or so... all black... my dad had to help me with the masking...

Ever since I got my new micro (what... all of two or three days ago...) I've totally re immersed myself into painting bodies... I have more Ideas than I have time (or money) to make. But in the last two days, I've painted 2 bodies... and I'm beginning to work on the third... and I haven't even built my car yet!!!!:D

Mondo
07-13-2002, 05:08 PM
draco_young

For a first attempt at polycarb painting, that is an impressive job.
I presume you used rattlecan aerosols.
Even so, nice job anyway :)