PDA

View Full Version : FET Stacking on stock Micro-T ESC???

Natedog
06-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Has anybody tried MOSFET Stacking on thier stock Micro-T ESC, like they do with the Kyosho Mini-Z esc??? Seems like this little truck could use this...mine doesn't wheelie...maybe bad FET from factory...

Anyways, who's tried stacking FETs, how'd you do it, what FETs did you use, and what were your results?

alfred
06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Usually you can tell the mosfet number by looking at the fet......if there common then i would try radioshack to see if they carried some.....its easy to stack the fet, but you will need a steady hand. And the same technique for stacking fets on the Z is the same way on the esc as well.

lbrc
06-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Ha

Item one: Even if the Rat Shack carried SO8 packaged dual P&N channel mosfets they wouldn’t have anything worth the effort.

Two: The Micro-T mosfets are already in parallel, 2x2 without being stacked one on top of the other.

Three: Any of the popular Mini-Z replacement FETs will work, there are several threads at various forums on the subject, I recommend Ripper7 for the subject.

Now about that easy part, the good is that you don’t have to "stack" them, the bad is that the Micro-T circuit board is lead-free which means higher melting temperature solder, a conservative estimate is that 4 out of 5 novices using soldering irons will lift a run before they even get half of the feet off, even if they cut the legs with a hobby knife instead of trying to unsolder the mosfets whole.

alfred
06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
I take it that you have tried this already.......;)