PDA

View Full Version : My new Team Epic EXO micro

armithius
07-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Okay everyone here is my new chassis and how it's setup. I painted up a new body for the new chassis as well. Please don't ding me too much on the body. It's only the 4th body I have airbrushed. Anyways here are the specs. Feel free to post questions.

-Team Epic EXO chassis
-Ratzas rear VCS deck
-Custom nerf bars
-HPI black front springs, 1 coil cutoff
-VCS rear shock, no spring, 10wt oil
(The back of the shock has been raised 3mm off the old mount.)
-Kit front tires
-Dynamite soft rear tires
-Modified 1 piece wheels
-Duratrax 3x6mm bearings on the belt guides
-Team Homies rear ball diff w/ HPI spur gear
-GPM pro front one-way w/ HPI one-way outdrives
-GH CVD's
-Team Orion high rpm ball bearing set
-Team Orion big block motor plate
-Team Orion Alloy Motor Pod
(Modified to accept down to an 8 tooth pinion on the BB.)
-Custom front swaybar made from 0.98mm wire
-Paragon anti-rollover antenna
(Cut down to lower CG.)
-Graupner Speed 300 motor
-LRP Quantum Sport ESC
-Novak XXL Rx
-Futaba 3PJ FM radio
-Futaba S3002 servo
-5 and 6 cell Sanyo KR600AE 600 mah nicad battery
-ARM Toyota GT-1 body

There are many other small touches, just can't remember them all.

Okay here are the pics:

armithius
07-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Pic 2:

armithius
07-10-2002, 11:56 PM
Pic 3:

armithius
07-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Pic 4:

armithius
07-10-2002, 11:58 PM
And the last pic:

Andrew
07-11-2002, 12:04 AM
Why are all the batteries silver except for the one green one?

armithius
07-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Simple answer:

In my setup, you see that I use both 5 and 6 cell batteries. The 5 cell is mainly used on carpet in order to make the car more controllable. However even when using a 5 cell battery, I throw the 6th cell on the chassis to keep my weight balance the same. So what you see is a 5 cell battery (silver ones) with a 6th cell dummy battery. I had to reuse my current batteries when making the batteries for this chassis. In trying to take them apart the original green shrink wrap was cut off. So the silver ones have been double shrink wrapped with the clear shrink wrap that comes with the kit.

Andrew
07-11-2002, 12:56 AM
I found some great bright blue, rubber-like shrink wrap today at Frys Electronics. Its very durable, looks great, and it was only $3.99 for 4 feet of it! Im in the process of building my second battery pack for my Team Epic chassis. My first pack works great but looks like crap due to the batteries being out of a Team Orion pack with torn black shrink wrap on them and I re-wrapped them with clear shrink without removing the crappy black shrink wrap. Oh well.

Here is the shrink wrap and batteries. Its going to look nice.

The Thunderer
07-11-2002, 01:43 AM
Armithius:

All of that looks really AWESOME! I've got one question though. I see that you have your Novak XXL over the belt and I know that you've definitely got a shim underneath it to keep it from hindering belt movement, I just want to know how it works out. Are you having any problems with the wires messing with the belt? I also have an EXO chassis and am leaning toward getting an XXL receiver also, so any help you could offer would be... helpful (LOL).

OH! I also love the paint scheme of your car! Too KEWL!

Mykroe
07-11-2002, 09:51 AM
wow that is one sweet micro! I absolutely love the body!!! BTW are you still using the gyro?

armithius
07-11-2002, 11:43 AM
I have had no problems with the XXL to date. I basically have 3 small strips of servo tape built up on each side of Rx in order to clear the belt. As for the gyro, no, I'm not using it anymore. What I found is that it was a really great tool while I was figuring out the setups on the micro, however now with the car being dialed in I prefer the car without the help of the gyro. Thanks for the comments on the body. It's hard to tell but the top canopy section is actually a deep purple color. Keep the questions coming.

DntSwetDaTchnqu
07-11-2002, 12:14 PM
nice car, do u have a pic of the back of the body, i have the same one and i cant figure out how to cut it, there are no lines...thanks

armithius
07-11-2002, 01:41 PM
I can't find any pics here at work, tonite I will take one for you. For now though I will try and verbally walk you thru how I cut the back of my Toy GT-1's. Anyways the very back I usually cut up until it's about 1/4 of an inch from the top. So basically a little 1/4 inch strip of lexan in the back and the rest is wide open. Then I set the wing in place and cut the back sides of the body to match the curved wing mount. I then tie that nicely into the cut on the back of the body. Hope that helps. There is a very dull line for this that can be seen on some of the Toyota GT-1 bodies that I have gotten.

T Man
07-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey Armithius, check my ride. http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=20877#post20877

zaskar
07-11-2002, 09:26 PM
Killer paint job Tim! You should start painting bodies for me. (he/he)

armithius
07-11-2002, 11:22 PM
Thanks, this was also my first time using liquid mask. Took me awhile to figure out how to get it to spray out of the airbrush. I got it figured out eventually though. :)

microfuzz
07-14-2002, 05:02 AM
Hi, I have a question about your servo, as I'm interested in this chassis too:

I see you use a Futaba S3002, which apparently fits nicely. Did this require any modifications to the cutout in the chassis ?

If this is the case, no prob, just would like to know in advance. :D

Thanks,
microfuzz

armithius
07-14-2002, 11:54 PM
I did not have to modify the servo recess in the chassis. I simply scuffed up the area around the recess with some 200 grit sandpaper and shoo goo'd it over the recess.

Geforcy
07-15-2002, 04:29 AM
Hi armithius,

nice paintjob:D

You said a 5 cell pack is more controllable then a 6 cell...
I dont know what kind of transmitter you got but if you got a expensive one like a kopropo mars:D Change the percentage of thottle... It works for me...

I am also thinking about buying a team epic chassis, is it worth it?

dmicrofan
07-15-2002, 08:48 PM
hey... is there a web site that i can go to so that i can check out the team epic chasis?? NICE JOB ON THE CAR!!

The Thunderer
07-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by dmicrofan
hey... is there a web site that i can go to so that i can check out the team epic chasis?? NICE JOB ON THE CAR!!
Here it is! Team Epic's Website (http://www.teamepic.net/)