PDA

View Full Version : Losi Mini-T vs. RC18T

Sonolin
04-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

I'm beginning the RC hobby, and I do not know much about RCs at all. I was wondering what you guys think I should get. I'm not sure if I want 2WD or 4WD... With 4WD I can do a lot more stuff, great traction etc., but I think I would have more fun with 2WD doing powerslides and stuff like that.

What I would mostly be doing with my RC would be playing around in the desert, jumping some huge jumps, racing through dirt and rocks and weeds etc. I'm thinking a RC18T may be better for me, but I am not sure.

And I do not care if you think the mini-t is way worse than the RC18T. The mini-t will be my 2wd car, and if I get 4wd, I will get the RC18T.

Any opinions on what would be better for me? This is mainly like "2WD vs 4WD" than "RC18T vs Losi Mini-T".

Also, what is the difference between the mini-t pro, and the regular one?

Thank you,

Michael

P.S. If anybody has an RC for cheap, I only have about $100 to start on this hobby, so I would be willing to buy a used one. Refurbs get sold on Team Associated for $100, so I don't think this is asking too much for a Losi or a RC18T. If you are into websites, I am a professional freelancer and can make you whatever website you want in exchange for a discount in the price. The value of an entire website, multiple templates, contact page, some flash widget, etc. is about $80, and will be more or less according to what you want. My portfolio is at http://designandprogram.com if you are interested.

EDIT: Also does the mini t come with rechargeable batteries and a charger?

hockeypux19
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I have a few of both and enjoy them just the same.
Should you decide on the mini t I two for sale on these forums.
Very trick and a fraction of the cost that I have into them
Btw the mini t pro has a list of hop ups already installed that the standard does not. Like.....

Mip CVD's
Ball diff
Titanium turnbuckles
Ball bearings in wheels
Dual disk slipper clutch
Hotter motor
Oil filled shocks

Both of mine have these things and alot more

http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19557

alfred
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Well if you get something that handles better the first time then i would suggest getting the 18t which you can also turn it into a 2wd micro.:)

Sonolin
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Actually I talked to a friend today, and I think I'm gonna get a RC18.

RC18B isn't RWD right?? He said he converted his into a T.

alfred
04-19-2007, 06:33 PM
There all 4wd but to make then rwd all you would have to do is remove the drive shaft.....so you can have the best of both worlds if you want too.:p