PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Micro T parts.

vinsanity
12-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi, I have started making aluminum micro t parts that are up for sale.
Here are some pics
http://download-v5.streamload.com/l1OSM9gu~L2Rp~f6vI~DQ60~v3tqyYTlp6YQ/vinsanity286/FileManager/%20Micro%20t%20upgrades/PICT0221.JPG?action=embed
http://download-v5.streamload.com/7WCSpNuC~d6k_~JIIz~Gscd~wPal4Pm6Fzym/vinsanity286/FileManager/%20Micro%20t%20upgrades/PICT0220.JPG?action=embed
http://download-v5.streamload.com/5XdKZiYw~13Tm~0qGr~9vz-~0Kiof_cywNkA/vinsanity286/FileManager/%20Micro%20t%20upgrades/PICT0217.JPG?action=embed

The c hubs are $10 for the pair, the uppers are $5 a pair and the lowers are $25 a pair. Pm me if you are serious about them and we can work out the details.

Also I will be making the front skid plate for $5 and the front pivot block for $10. And that little flat piece that goes infront of the pivot block for $3.

Thanks. Vinny

TeaM Blaze RC
12-25-2006, 09:21 PM
those are sexy ... do you have a mill?

TeamLosi1990
12-25-2006, 11:08 PM
those are sweet any new pics of the parts

vinsanity
12-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks. No I just use a dremel, scroll saw and a file. I will have new pictures up in a few days. My LHS wants 3 sets of everything I have so I will put up a picture of my micro t with full aluminum suspension. Vinny

Big-Kid
12-28-2006, 05:52 AM
Nice work Vin:D Can't wait to see those finished parts on your truck.

So what are you using to cut them out with? I assumed you had access to a CNC machine or something??? But one of your other posts sounded like you are cutting them out with a hand held dremel or scroll saw:eek: . That would make your work even more amazing:cool:

vinsanity
12-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I only use a scroll saw and a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut out the parts. Then I finish them up with a small set of files and drill the holes either by hand or with a dremel.

alfred
12-28-2006, 11:05 AM
It does look good.......talk about talent.:D

Rocfrog
12-29-2006, 08:55 PM
I bought me, my wife, and my son one of these for x-mas and we love them but are getting tired of breaking parts! So I am very interested in these parts!

Got any new pictures with all the parts installed?

Any plans for other parts?

What kind of aluminum are these made of?

Nick

vinsanity
12-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Rocfrog, Unfortunately I probably won't have more pictures up until next week probably. The aluminum is from aluminum channel and flat stock that my dad brings home from work. So I honestly can't tell you what kind it is. I wouldn't call it high grade but at this scale it is plenty strong.
As far as new parts, I don't plan on any right now but I will see what I can do.
What parts are you breaking? Vinny

jaejw1
12-30-2006, 09:38 AM
you may also want to consider doing the rear hinge plate thingy,,,, with vaying degrees of anti squat and rear toe-in...

Rocfrog
12-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Rocfrog, Unfortunately I probably won't have more pictures up until next week probably. The aluminum is from aluminum channel and flat stock that my dad brings home from work. So I honestly can't tell you what kind it is. I wouldn't call it high grade but at this scale it is plenty strong.
As far as new parts, I don't plan on any right now but I will see what I can do.
What parts are you breaking? Vinny

We are breaking the steering rods and spindles and on my wifes she broke the mount that the rear a arms mount to. Theses just seem like the common breaking items and I would love to have the full front suspension (to include the spindle) in aluminum just so nothing breaks and the rear mount just becasue that also seems to be a common break point.

I was just wondering what grade the aluminum was because if it's too soft I would think it would just bend when it hits something and then the part would be useless.

Please keep me informed as I said I'm very interested in these parts. I can not afford them right now as we now have to play catch up from x-mas;) but I will deffently be buying this set up soon!

Nick

vinsanity
12-31-2006, 09:31 AM
I am working on spindles and rear a arm mounts so they are in the future. As far as the steering rods, I would be ripping you off if I sold you them as you can easily make them yourself. Check out http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/forumdisplay.php?f=76 and you will see some of the materials that people are making them out of.
I don't think that the aluminum is too soft. There is not much force at this scale so I dont think it will be a problem. When I put all my alloy stuff on I will beat the snot out of it and report back. I will definately keep you updated. Thanks. Vinny

Namuna
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Also be aware that GPM will be making alum parts for the Micro-T!

They've already got a couple of pictures up:
http://gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/pop_tm01.asp

And here's a breakdown, with part numbers, of what they'll be offering:

PART DESCRIPTION
TM019 ALLOY FRONT C-HUB
TM021 ALLOY FRONT KNUCKLE ARM
TM022 ALLOY REAR KNUCKLE ARM
TM028 ALLOY FRONT SHOCK TOWER
TM030 ALLOY REAR SHOCK TOWER
TM054 ALLOY FRONT CAMBER LINK
TM055 ALLOY FRONT LOWER ARM
TM056 ALLOY REAR LOWER ARM
TM057 ALLOY REAR CAMBER LINK
TM331F ALLOY FRONT SKID PLATE
?? ALLOY FRONT SHOCK
?? ALLOY REAR SHOCK

Rocfrog
12-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Also be aware that GPM will be making alum parts for the Micro-T!

They've already got a couple of pictures up:
http://gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/pop_tm01.asp

And here's a breakdown, with part numbers, of what they'll be offering:

PART DESCRIPTION
TM019 ALLOY FRONT C-HUB
TM021 ALLOY FRONT KNUCKLE ARM
TM022 ALLOY REAR KNUCKLE ARM
TM028 ALLOY FRONT SHOCK TOWER
TM030 ALLOY REAR SHOCK TOWER
TM054 ALLOY FRONT CAMBER LINK
TM055 ALLOY FRONT LOWER ARM
TM056 ALLOY REAR LOWER ARM
TM057 ALLOY REAR CAMBER LINK
TM331F ALLOY FRONT SKID PLATE
?? ALLOY FRONT SHOCK
?? ALLOY REAR SHOCK

I heard that they were going to be making parts but I can't find any prices anywhere!

I really need hubs just got done replaceing the broken one and was driveing it and it hit the couch and broke it again! This is getting frustrating! I don't even know how long my battrey pack runs because everytime I run it something breaks!

Nick

Namuna
12-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Here's the standard GPM Pricelist before any discounts or international shipping....The actual prices will vary from seller to seller, but at least you've got the idea...

alloy Front C-hub - 1pr $7.50
Alloy Front Knuckle Arm - 1pr $6.50
Alloy Rear Knuckle Arm - 1pr $6.50
Alloy Front Shock Tower - 1pc $6.50
Alloy Rear Shock Tower - 1pc $9.80
Alloy Front Camber Link - 1pr $3.50
Alloy Front Lower Arm - 1pr $7.50
Alloy Rear Lower Arm - 1pr $9.80
Alloy Rear Camber Link - 1pr $2.50
Alloy Front Skid Plate - 1pc $4.50
Alloy Front Shock - 1pr $5.50
Alloy Rear Shock - 1pr $5.50

alfred
12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
The micro T is going to be cheap to deck out all nicely.:D

jaejw1
12-31-2006, 02:24 PM
http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=234 is getting into the mix aswell

alfred
12-31-2006, 03:56 PM
It seems as though Hotracing has more hopups available.....would be nice to see a micro t all done up.

m18_racer
01-06-2007, 11:15 PM
who cares who is getting in the mix... im going to show some forum love to vin... what do you have for sale as of now?

vinsanity
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
m18_racer,

As of now I have

Front and rear upper arms
Front lower arms
Front c hubs
Front skid plate

I have been busy and haven't had much time to works on this stuff but if you want it I will get them done. Right now I need to order some more micro drill bits as I broke my last one the other day:(
The rear lower arms will be available, I found some aluminum angle stock that will let me make them with the raised shock mount. As far as pivot blocks, I will attempt to make them but If you look at them you can see that they fit in like a puzzle piece and would be hard to make fit perfectly. I don't want to sell some piece of crap so if I can't make it nice I won't make it at all.
Also, the rear hubs is posing some problems unless I find the perfect drill bit to fit the od of the bushings/bearings. I haven't really looked for one yet but hopefully I cant get one. Thanks for supporting the little guy:) Vin

m18_racer
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
i want some parts that will be good in the long run.. like the c hub .. but im worried about stuff bending .. can u post some more pics man?

vinsanity
01-10-2007, 12:00 AM
I will post up pics as soon as I can. As far as the c hub bending, I don't think it will happen. It is descent aluminum and the micro t weighs nothing. I try to make them as beefy as I can without interfearing with the a arms and spindle.

Rocfrog
01-10-2007, 08:14 AM
I really need the spindle/steering knuckle thing (the part that the steering links connect to)!! Between my wife, son and me we have broke a total of six of them so far!! It sucks I can jump it all day and the just barly tap the couch or entertainment center and blam broke another one!

Nick

vinsanity
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I will try and make some spindles. Not sure if I can though. What did you make your replacement steering links out of(I am assuming you broke the stock ones).
Obviously the stiffer the steering links are the easier it will be to brake a spindle.
Maybe try a more flexable material.

m18_racer
01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
YES you can use the lexan from the micro t box. in the very front... this will allow it with just enough strenth to move the wheels but is so flexible if you flick it it will give in, the good thing about this is it returns to shape! very smart tip i read over at one18,,, dont wanna take the credit thats all

Rocfrog
01-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I will try and make some spindles. Not sure if I can though. What did you make your replacement steering links out of(I am assuming you broke the stock ones).
Obviously the stiffer the steering links are the easier it will be to brake a spindle.
Maybe try a more flexable material.

Mine and my sons are made out of .025 sheet Aluminum and my wifes is made out of an old credit card. I was thinking it is kind of odd that no one else is breaking these as much as I am?!?!

Nick

vinsanity
01-10-2007, 09:51 PM
AHA! There is your problem. Your alunimum and credit card links have no flex. That is absolutely why you break so many spindles. The guy at my lhs made his links out of thin sheet metal and he broke his spindle as well. Do what m18 said with the lexan or another flexable material and I believe your problem will be solved. Now, just send $10 paypal to vinsanity286@gmail.com for my smart thinking. HAHa just kidding:D Seriously though, try it and let us know if it works. Vinny

m18_racer
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
haha funny funny, i would like to see some pics of the chubs.. i have a front bumper in aluminum and i would like the chubs so it is sturdier.. please let me know my mrs4 auction will end w.in a day so i will have paypal for you ready.

thanks,
m18_racer

vinsanity
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Pictures are in the first post, here is a close up http://download-v5.streamload.com/5XdKZiYw~13Tm~0qGr~9vz-~0Kiof_cywNkA/vinsanity286/FileManager/%20Micro%20t%20upgrades/PICT0217.JPG?action=embed

Did you want more pictures?

alfred
01-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Taking a closer look at the pic it looks awesome......especially doing a part that small.......

vinsanity
01-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks Alfred. Those were the first ones I made so I hope to make the newer ones more refined. They have the standard finish which is 600 grit sand paper. If it looks nice, I will offer polished pieces for a few bucks more.

alfred
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
what do you plan to use for polishing the parts.

vinsanity
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
A dremel with a nice polishing wheel and aluminum polishing compound. But like I said, If it doesn't turn out really nice, then I probably won't do it, unless it is requested. It would probably scratch too easily for it to be practical. But for a shelf queen it would look wicked:D

Deezul
01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
anyone know if all those hot-racing parts are in stock? I need PICS

marq74
02-04-2007, 04:05 PM
www.Hot-Racing.com is also making some very beautiful parts for the Micro-T. Some are already on ebay and I've got some on order. I just need to sell a car I have to pay for it.