PDA

View Full Version : New speedrun not succesfull

Roelof
09-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Last sunday the speedrunners from last year were invited for demo driving on the Bicycle track where we had our official run. Because all kind of other sporting demos in the infield we had no clear sight over the track and the track was very dusty so not a lot of grip....

The 10th scale guys had special oval speed tires and were wresteling with the grip, they even placed their signatures against the wall. For me it was difficult to gain speed, less grip on foams and to much power did make the car spin when touching the steer and throttle but once I did gain straight speed and the downforce was doing his job. Half throttle through the 1st banked corner and slowly more speed but then the car made a spin against te wall, just the steerblock damaged and a bended rear axle (3mm hard springsteel) so it was over for the day.....

My VSM did show a 103km/h while not driving on full throttle, the fastest 10th scale did set 127km/h on his VSM

There are new thoughts to arrange a next official speedrun but the costs for this unique track are high but I would like if they first clean the track for more grip.

My LHS did find a fresh long piece of road and could be the right place to do a long straight run

Currently setup:
- Sleeper 480
- 11x GP1100 P/M cells
- Lehner 1020/10 brushless (6kvm / 300 watt)
- BK Warrior 7020 ESC
- 24 pinion

endspeed on the calculator with 20% loss about 150km/h

alfred
09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Well at least you were able to get a run in........and watching all the fast cars must have been fun especially with them hitting the wall.:D Talk about a bad impact at that speed.

Fajita Dave
09-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I would love to go to an event like that. I'd look forward to seeing someone lose a tire in a corner and the car shattering as it hits the wall :D