PDA

View Full Version : example of the vendetta on the straight

jaejw1
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery11450.htm

with stock rx/tx and gm racing v3r,, deans,, ib1400 and a timed durtrax vr3 motor,, this thing really flies..

and also a full track vid of the detta.. the batts werent completley peaked.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ0m2M6Mk2o

alfred
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Looking good man......so hows the handling on that pup.:)

jaejw1
08-09-2006, 06:24 PM
handles great.. i just need another esc.. i think i burned the one i have,, batts went low in the tx and the car just ran until it stopped.. so i think the esc is out.. but the servo still works.. so im not too sure.. i just know the light doesnt come on in the esc..

the only problem i have out of the thing is traction rolling.. the lil "s" section after the straight is really bad.. large footprints and dips and such.. not made for a mini.. i said this to say.. i have really no problems with it at all..

next esc will be a xrs novak or another v3r if i can find one..

alfred
08-09-2006, 07:44 PM
I have a buddy thats selling a GM v3r, used.....and he also has another GM as well but it doesnt have reverse....just let me know so i can have him contact you buddy. And how in the world did you burn up the esc.....

jaejw1
08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
my guess is . that when the car took off (tx batts went dead) the car was at WOT way too long,,, i couldnt remove the body to turn it off.. and since the motor is timed for higher rpm,, it must have cooked something.. but i still have to find out if it is the esc or not.. i need to plug another motor to it.. i just know the light wont come on

something told me not to run it with low batts

alfred
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
But i thought you were using a 10th scale esc......if not then what esc were you using.:confused:

jaejw1
08-10-2006, 01:24 AM
the v3r gm racing... even with the small 380 motor timed.... the es still got a lil hot.. but i dont know what caused the lil light to go out and not turn the motor.. but the servo still works..

alfred
08-10-2006, 06:41 AM
Put a small heatsink just right on top of the sticker.......;)

jaejw1
08-10-2006, 05:00 PM
well it tuned out the esc was fine... the rx was trashed.. dont know how,, but i guess when the tx went dead the car taking off and slamming head first into the wall.. caused something to happen to the rx.. all is good now,, i put a mtroniks 11t esc in it.. i know a lil overkill,, but we wil see.. also i changed the gearing to 13/45.. hopefully this will keep things cool.. and also allow me to clear the tougher jumps..

alfred
08-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Im glad you found the problem man, so did the crystal get damaged or what-or was the whole rx bad.

jaejw1
08-10-2006, 07:23 PM
dont know... guessing bad signal to the esc.. because the servo worked fine... but when i plugged in a airtronics rx.. everything worked great..