PDA

View Full Version : vendetta vs. rc18b vs. half8 CA&E april

jaejw1
03-01-2006, 12:02 PM
very promising,, but reading the opinions no one picked the vendetta, but it seemed to be second favorite or it just needed a few adjustments to put it at the top.... opinions only,,, my opinion is this,, how can a magazine let "duratrash" ( i a name i have heard duratrax reffered as) beat out two power houses in a head to head,,, give it a good mention but not a number one. the ven had the fastest ave. lap time 16.885 compared to TA-17.021 and KY-17.570 and it also had the fastest lap of 16.121 compared to TA-16.301 and KY-16.987 factual information.. but yet they seemed to nick pick at the buggy,,, so my guess with upgraded parts and after market electronics the ven will still be a better racer..

and no i have not bought mine yet.. and i do own a rc18t so this is an unbiased opinion..

alfred
03-01-2006, 06:16 PM
So what are you trying to say jae.....:confused:

Silver Supra
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I think that he wants a Vendetta.... I do too. I'll use the Ni-CD packs that RadioShack sells along with their 15-minute charger with overcharge protection and all that. They sold the charger for like $25 at my RS so I think I might get it. And maybe another pack for my MRS4. :D

acsubie
03-02-2006, 01:06 AM
the test were done in stock form, and the only thing that held the H8 back was the crappy stock motor and batts...but how many of the testers mentioned all the tuning possibilites of the H8!

i pretty much think the testers were "wowed" by the speed of the 18b

jaejw1
03-02-2006, 05:12 AM
but it wasnt much faster than the under dog "the vendetta"... actually the detta in the radar tests took the 18b in the holeshot.. and was also faster on the track

alfred
03-02-2006, 05:41 PM
But doesnt the new 18b come with a 300 size motor.:D

Mondo
03-06-2006, 02:43 AM
The Vendetta is sold as the Fastrax Blaze (FTX Blaze) in the UK.
I've seen one setup for carpet racing own the Micro class in an inoor event. I was amazed at the handling.
This same car fitted with an AON 4900VA (4.9KV) brushless and Mamba25 controller running on NiMh 7.2V walked tall in the 12th scale class too winning a few heats.
The only weakness that I have heard of are the front steering hubs, a little prone to breakage. Other than that it's a quality product

NickDude
03-08-2006, 08:21 PM
ive got to say i am intreged by these micro buggies. i have 5 rc cars (HPI MRS4, kyosho v-one s, yokomo nitro rtr, ofna lx, and durtrash maximum st crap) and none excited me like looking at all the different mini buggies. ive gotten pretty far hopping up my micro rs4 and im looking for a new car to build (and with $300 tax return money in my pocket, but im bugeting myselfe $200 total for this project) i would love to get one of these. well heres my problem theres so many of them at the same price i cant decide which one to get so here are the buggies.............

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/nickdude19_84/duratraxminibuggy.jpg
the duratrax ive heard sooooooo much about this buggy recently on this forum and the more i hear the more i like the buggy. but ive been burned by duratrax before (maximum st CRAP) and i dont want that to happen again but for the $170 RTR it cant be beat.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/nickdude19_84/miniinfernochassispic.jpg
this is the kyosho mini inferno. i dont know y i dont really like this car, and kyosho parts are soooooo hard to find that it wouldnt be worth it if a part breaks, but it has a big market of hop up parts, and its also $170 RTR price so thats a plus

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/nickdude19_84/teamassociatedbuggy.jpg
this is my favorite buggy (based on the pics). this is the team associated RC 18b and its also $170 RTR

i think either of these rc buggies would satisfy my thirst for a new R/C car, but i also want one that is going to handle well and be fast and upgradable.

alfred
03-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Well you can find tons of parts for the 18b........

oXYnary
03-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Yea, I think the verdict in that was a little questionable.

I aslo strongly disagree with the half 8 being in that. Half 8 is a totally different scale. Not only that, but unless Im mistaking they were running it with oil shocks.. Are the new rtr coming with oils or did RCCA "cheat" once again?

The could have included the a-tech/schumacher XMB4. THAT would have been clear across the line in scales.

Though I have my problems with the vendetta.. The "pros" box made NO mention of the spur gear cover!

alfred
03-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Now that you have mentioned it OX....i just noticed the gear cover on the Vendetta......nice touch to have that.....i also like the placement of the electronics as well.:D

morati
03-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Well, I now have all three! IMO the RC18T is totally out of its league against the other two. The Mini Inferno (I have the ST and yes it does come with oil filled shocks) is a great outdoor rough track basher (or racer) but it has its shortcomings. The drivetrain is LOUD as anything and not very efficient (IMO). It needs alot of work to make it go fast. Also depending on the person operating it........it can either be a pain to work on (because of its adjustment possibilities) or have the most potential out of the bunch. If you good at setups, this might be your truck.
I just finished building my Anderson MB4 last night and took it out for some runs today. It cannot go through the rough stuff like the ST because of its lack of ground clearance. However, this thing is so SWEET to drive. It handles like a dream, turns on a dime, and goes like a scalded cat in stock form. It is also QUIET (this is important to me as I live in an apartment and have the wife factor to deal with). I wish now I hadn't invested so much money hopping up my RC18FT. What a waste.

morati
03-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Here's my newly built ST

oXYnary
03-17-2006, 04:40 AM
I know the ST has oil filled, but as I said the regular imin inferno did not (unless they added these to new kits?).

As it is.. Its apples to oranges. Of course a 1/16th is going to have more ground clearance. Thats why RC Car Action should have done 1/18th to 1/18th.. period. They could have had a shootout with the mini inferno versus the mini frog down the line. Even then that would have been a 2wd vs 4wd.

jaejw1
03-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by oXYnary
As it is.. Its apples to oranges. . even though it is apples (16th) and oranges (18th) ,, the oranges still came out on top.. with very respectable opinions..

oXYnary
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM
maybe.. the conclusion didnt seem very convincing. Especially given over half the drivers preferred the mini inferno.

jaejw1
03-17-2006, 03:32 PM
i still think the vendetta was liked a lot more than they are letting us believe.. but they can have the extreme underdog,,, beat out 2 power houses.. that wouldnt sit well with the masses

jaejw1
08-19-2006, 02:01 PM
well beating a dead horse... with a few hop ups.. and with the vendetta's motor timing advanced.. this thing will put a whoopin on both vehicles..

they should do another head to head but this time make it a kit.. and put all the same electronics in and set it up for the track,, im sure the vendetta will be a clear winner..