PDA

View Full Version : News From Country Alloy Works CAW/ MUST READ!!!!!

liverebel
01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok guys I talked to Frank with Country Alloy Works for almost an hour today to get some news from him.

First off Frank said he has been having some issues with the E-Mail system through E-Bay, so if you have any questions don't send them through E-Bay, send all comments and questions to countryalloy@hotmail.com If you have presiouvly bought something from CAW and have not received a reply it is due to this problem with E-Bay's messaging service and the mails getting picked up as spam.

Second, the first 15 chassis kits were shipped without the skid plate screws from Frank due to the holiday rush. If you were among the first 15 or yours doesn't have a complete screw set to bolt everything up, Dont worry, he has everyones info and will be correcting the problem by sending everyone who bought skids or a kit that includes them the screws necessary to bolt them on. Check your E-Mail and you should be receiving something from him soon or you may want to throw him a heads up with your order info at countryalloy@hotmail.com

Third, we discussed some screw choice that Frank had made to secure the skids. He has chosen a button head screw that is NOT countersunk. I made the comment that countersunk screws don't tend to shear off and tend to be more durable for the basher/racer. Frank agreed and is willing to work with ALL of us that have his skids. Here are the options: 1. Live and love the button heads. 2. E-Mail Frank and tell him you want countersinking and he will work with you to return your skids and send you a brand new set with countersunk holes. 3. Countersink the holes yourself.
We have to all decide what is best and Frank said he would go by our decision. The skids will also be shipped with a drill bit and a little larger than stock screw, Frank has expiermented and found that this boasts a considerable advantage with not much work and effort.

Fourth for anyone that has gotten his phone number from a previous thread on this forum, please dont call him at that number. He isnt trying to be rude at all, that is his HOME phone and he said he didn't remember giving it out and between the 20 calls a day and 100+ e-Mails he cant do both. Not to mention he doesn't want to tie up his home line all day like it has been lately. If you want to contact him, send him an e-mail to countryalloy@hotmail.com as this is his preferred method of contact and he will get back with you ASAP.

Now I feel that I must mention something that I really admired about Frank, Owner of CAW. While speaking with him I realized he isn't a big commercial company. Frank told me that this whole thing started off as an attempt to replace broken parts on his kids and his own RC cars they kept breaking. He said after a while they broke down and bought a CNC machine to make Alloy parts for upgrades. He went on to say that he doesn't really care about the money (although he can't give this stuff away) as much as making a quality product for people who love the RC sport as much as he does. Frank has a true love for the hobby and if we EVER have any problems with his products we can let him know and he will make it right. After hearing this I really began to like this little home grown company and while talking with Frank we came to an understanding that I would monitor the forums for him regarding the products and see what you guys want him to make, how he can improve his current product line, and what packages you guys might want assembled.

So if anyone on the forum has any questions just shoot them to me and I will call Frank and post the next day kinda taking a chunk out of his workload to help him focus on making the best product he can. I am going to submit one e-mail a day containing all questions and post the response as soon as he gets back with me.

Once again if you have a problem with anything you have bought from him LET ME KNOW!!! So don't get something, say it doesn't fit and bash his product, you may be installing it wrong. Let me know I will get with him and he WILL make it right for you. You guys can submit questions and comments to me via PM or e-mail me at liverebel@yahoo.com

Also we want to get feedback from EVERYONE who owns CAW products and is willing to give CAW feedback. Submit your praises and complaints in the thread so that I can let him know how to make every part just that much better. Once again, if you have any questions send them to:

liverebel@yahoo.com

Also Frank is COMPLETELY redesigning his web site to become independent of E-Bay. Look for the changes VERY SOON! It will feature a check out and payment method such as paypal or bidpay, whichever we vote to go with, so let me know about that as well. Guys we really have a good thing going with CAW and lets make the most of it. I told him about some of the issues we were having and he said he will be getting on them ASAP (like maybe gears).

Well anyway get with me guys we need feeback on every aspect of the product quality, fitment, material, price point, praises, complaints, we need it all. Send it all to:

liverebel@yahoo.com

as I will be helping Frank monitor the forums to help keep on top of exactly what you guys want.