PDA

View Full Version : Any cool tricks?

stik
08-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Well now that i have fully figured out how to run my rc18t with precision :rolleyes: i would like to go faster. i don't get paid untill this friday and i have 3 bucks to my name. Anybody got any ideas.
Sicnerely,
stik

p.s. I was just looking at the box that it came in and on right hand side it says the item number and then it says $279.99.
I'd say we all got a good deal at around 160$. LMFAO:D

hockeypux19
08-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Get a Novak sticker......That should be good for a couple mph!

alfred
08-22-2005, 07:44 PM
change out all the screws that are on the upperdeck...with time they will strip...

alfred
08-22-2005, 07:45 PM
with the screws installed.:p

stik
08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
a sticker? who'da thought? lol
But those screws seem like a really good idea being that i already stripped one of the screws on the rear shock tower!!!

alfred
08-23-2005, 04:31 PM
you can get a set of each for under or close to three bones man. You'll be happy by doing it.:p

stik
08-23-2005, 05:56 PM
sounds like a great investment!!!
I'm locating where to buy them now!!!:D :p :cool:

alfred
08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
good screws are a good investment man.....the Dubros are high quality metric button heads....they wont strip on you and you can really torque them down tight.

So were you able to find some.:D

stik
08-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Not yet...:mad:

hockeypux19
08-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry to bust your chops but I could'nt resist.... The best speed tricks are free anyway...Now is the most important part of owning an rc car. After It has been broken in you need to inspect,clean,
and lubricate...Very important to maintain proper gear mesh as well....Just remember.....A loose race car is a fast race car...
That means shoot for zero drag on all moving components..Even if it feels like it has a little "slop"....Oh and BTW I would like a BMT with double meat, tomatoes and black olives on your herb and cheese bread....LOL Could'nt resist....I must admit....I love subway.

Xtant3150c
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanx acsubie for the tip on the screws!

I have not had a problem yet, but was looking into changing anyways.

stik
08-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by hockeypux19
Sorry to bust your chops but I could'nt resist.... The best speed tricks are free anyway...Now is the most important part of owning an rc car. After It has been broken in you need to inspect,clean,
and lubricate...Very important to maintain proper gear mesh as well....Just remember.....A loose race car is a fast race car...
That means shoot for zero drag on all moving components..Even if it feels like it has a little "slop"....Oh and BTW I would like a BMT with double meat, tomatoes and black olives on your herb and cheese bread....LOL Could'nt resist....I must admit....I love subway.
LMFAO...:D Would you like to make that a meal, with chips and a medium drink for $1.80 more?... lol, anyways. I think i found something in my tec hat looks like the size of a shimm. And i have some robbe synthetic oil left over from my heli (my grandfather built it for me as a present...shhh... it cost total about 2g!!! :eek: )I wonder if that'll help in lubing some parts...:confused:
Sincerely,
stik

oh yea...
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6109/406001031el.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
god i love mud drifting. lol

stik
08-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Ok, so...
Got my check finally. After school stuff im left w/ 80 bucks. I deffinately need new tires (looking for some onroad tires), need some shimms, ordering some screws, any ideas for anything else that i should get right away? maybe some packs? IDK...:confused:

Big-Kid
08-28-2005, 06:47 AM
It might be worth you time to see if AE will send you out those shims. They seem to be pretty good about the outdrive sleeves. If you ask nicely and tell them your diff is giving you problems, they may just send you out those shimms for free??

Big-Kid
08-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Trinity, Losi and Pro-Line make a street tread. I've only tried out the Losi, and it works well for me. AE and Losi do make a foam tire that you could use. Otherwise, the Dirt Hawg from Pro-Line is a good, all around tread.

What kind of hop-ups are you thinking about? Speed? Durability? Bling? What kind of stuff have you already done?

Batt's are a good starting point. Better batt's will yield more power. More mah will yield more run time. Lithium will drop your wieght. An extra pack is always good to have, even if it's only an affordable, sport type pack. I picked up some inexpensive Kan packs from Blind that I can use in my RC18 or M18. http://www.blindbatts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_28&products_id=184 Just $13 plus $2 for a micro plug or chose the plug you want. It offers a bit more punch than the stock pack, but a better quality pack and cheaper !

The Pit Stop offers a pretty good selection of parts at decent prices.:cool:

stik
08-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Here's my setup:
stock
stock
deans
stock
stock
I'm going for speed and strength. My next truck will be speed and bling. But that project is still far off.
Thankyou,
stik

Big-Kid
08-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Then the Deans are a good starting point:cool:

HPIsuperfan
08-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Get a URC Sport Line is very good and has enough discharge strengh for a Mamba. Now that's good. Only 11.00 everything included. Plug, Shrink, and everything you need. Get one at www.unitedrc.com and i'm not sure which number it is because I am not familier with the RC18T. I think it was the Sport 23, or something else (was it 61??) but it's only 11.00 per pack and that's good.

alfred
08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
URC and Blind makes some hell of a quality pack.....you just cant beat the price.:D