PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

Keoni
08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
I know this is a RC18T forum, but i just need a little advice.
I've been a long time AE fan. But i just can't decide which mini to buy for me and my brother. My 2 choices are the RC18T and the Half8. Looking for something we can have fun with right out of the box, without having to dish out $100 dollars or so right off the bat to even have some fun. And which one can handle driving on grass well. Any comments and/or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Xtant3150c
08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I think you can't go wrong with either one of your choices!

I think the 18T is a little better right out of the box as it is faster!

It's a very good truck, and alot of fun!

The Half8 is a beefier car, but it is slower right out of the box.

You might want to take into consideration parts availability in your area?

Big-Kid
08-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Yup, both will provide you with lots of fun. It also kinda depends on how "involved" you want to get? Are you just going to be bashing or maybe building more of a shelf queen or a racer? Or maybe you just want to drive back and forth and up and down your street, that pleasure will be best filled by a brushless motor.

I hear the Half 8's pretty good and tough. I think the RC18 maybe a bit more durable though. Some of the comments on the Half 8 is it takes a little more to get it up to "proper" speed, if speed is what you want.

Don't get me wrong thinking the RC18 is sitting pretty right out of the box. It does have a "few issue's", but nothing major or easily overcomed. Do keep in mind that although they are both considered "micros", they are still different scales. The Rc18 is 1:18th and the Half 8 is 1:16th scale. Not a biggie, but worth remembering.

Parts support useually plays a role as well. Buying online is ok, but getting things locally is a bit quicker. And theres nothing like talking to a real live person face to face:p . Where are you at? Here where Xtant and I are at, we can't even get one locally:confused: , but you could buy Pro-Lines lid for it:cool:

alfred
08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
my friend at the lhs let me play with his and my thoughts are that the stock components suck.....it likes to bottom out since the shocks are of friction type.......the 18t uses oil shocks and it seems to handle the best out of the box......You wont be looking or getting any speed out ot the Half 8 unless you install a better motor or brushless..........:p

patcollins
08-13-2005, 05:06 PM
I dont think your going to be able to run either on the grass, heck grass is tough on 10th scales, my grass is usually taller than my 18t so unless your talking about a putting green its not a good idea to run it in grass.

Keoni
08-14-2005, 09:01 PM
First off i would like to thank u guys for your replies. And it looks like the verdict is leaning towards the rc18t. But i still like the way the half8 looks. Personally i wouldnt mind putting another 100 or so dollars into my car, cause i know speed does cost. But as far as my brother and 2 cousins they are truly newbies to rc this would be there first one. And i dont want them to be disappointed in the speed and handling of the car. well thanks again.

alfred
08-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Well dont forget to keep us posted on what you get man.....:D

jakeedoo
09-10-2005, 11:02 PM