PDA

View Full Version : gear cover, botom plate,rocks,spur gear

jaejw1
04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
for thos that have had bad luck with rocks destroying the spur gear and causing the motor to not spin the spur..

were you guys running the truck with that bottom spur gear plate on... ????

i have been playing with my car,, onroad and offroad,, and the only time that i had a problem with rocks was when i had the stock bottom plate on..... since then i took it off and have not had a problem since..

i have run on very loose dirt and also on the track which is packed dirt,,, and still no problem,,

this is just a theory of mine,, dont know if im just lucky,, maybe tomorrow my spur gear will meet its fate...

Xtant3150c
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
That's good info.

I was wondering when someone would try this. I would think this would work o.k. since there is less chance of a rock getting stuck.

Nice work!

patcollins
04-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I have heard that if you use the bottom plate but cut a hole in it so that it still protects the spur but lets anything that gets in there to fall out you will not have a problem.

jaejw1
04-13-2005, 05:34 PM
i dont even use mine,, and i have my suspension bottom out a lot,, and i have yet to grind the spur,, even the 60t,,

homer
04-13-2005, 06:23 PM
alfred mentioned the same to me in a conversation - run it w/o the cover to let the debris/rocks fall out. :)

alfred
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah i was the one that gave Jae the idea.....naw just joking...actually it was my good buddy Jae that gave me this awesome tip.....:D So homer you need to give Jae the credit because i forgot to mention it.:mad: ;)

jaejw1
04-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by alfred
Yeah i was the one that gave Jae the idea.....naw just joking...actually it was my good buddy Jae that gave me this awesome tip.....:D So homer you need to give Jae the credit because i forgot to mention it.:mad: ;) better recognize..lol..lol.:D

alfred
04-13-2005, 09:53 PM
yeah whatever man.....be nice or one of the frequency potentiameters is just going to end up missing.....and you will have to use all your training to locate the little bugger.lol

jaejw1
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by alfred
yeah whatever man.....be nice or one of the frequency potentiameters is just going to end up missing.....and you will have to use all your training to locate the little bugger.lol yes my master...:eek: