PDA

View Full Version : RC18T impressions

Mondo
02-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I have noticed a few little things I don't like about the RC18T.
These are:

Pinion/Spur meshing: It's hard to see if the pinion and spur are meshing properly, as you can't get a piece of paper in between them to measure the mesh. This won't affect most experienced RC'ers but it could be tragic for the newcomer to RC

Bottom spring stays - The little circular efforts at the bottom of the shock shaft that hold the shock springs in place.
These are way too loose and have an awful habbit of falling off. If I was to lose one of these the RC18T would be out of action until I could buy some on Ebay.
I tried some ShoeGoo but the composite material is shiny and very dense, so Shoe Goo doesn't stick!

alfred
02-19-2005, 07:53 PM
When i mesh the gears together i use a flash light to look at the meshing, then i hand roll the truck on the table to see how the setting works.

quietfly
02-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Mondo
I have noticed a few little things I don't like about the RC18T.
These are:

Pinion/Spur meshing: It's hard to see if the pinion and spur are meshing properly, as you can't get a piece of paper in between them to measure the mesh. This won't affect most experienced RC'ers but it could be tragic for the newcomer to RC

Bottom spring stays - The little circular efforts at the bottom of the shock shaft that hold the shock springs in place.
These are way too loose and have an awful habbit of falling off. If I was to lose one of these the RC18T would be out of action until I could buy some on Ebay.
I tried some ShoeGoo but the composite material is shiny and very dense, so Shoe Goo doesn't stick!

I'm not a fan of the spur/ pinion position either but it's not the worst i've seen.

to hold the bottom shock piece in place i us my daughters nail polish. it still comes off when you give it a crank, but did not fall off while driving/jumping all around.
-Chris