PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions before i start to tear the new truck down...

quietfly
02-12-2005, 01:31 AM
i just picked one of these trucks up and it is insane out of the box however my mind is already thinking of more power.

has any one modded the chassis to fit a 2 or 3 cell lipo pack?
I've started to complie a list of hop-ups i want to incorporate but i wanted to get a general consensus of what people think a solid bashing set up would be.

My list so far is:

AE turnbuckles and parts (the ones Bigkid spec'ed out and uses)

racers edge front and rear shock towers

i'm still looking for opinions on

motors
cvd's or turnbuckles with brass compression fittings
shocks
front bumper
rims and tires ( i'll be 50/50 aspahlt and grass)

Sorry for the long list of questions but i'm new to the micro truck scene, i'm sure with a little time i'll come up with some inovations on my own , but for now i'd rather ask for help than try and re-invent the wheel.

-Chris

jaejw1
02-12-2005, 01:40 AM
7 cell pack if your charger is only for nimh/nicd
also radishack's prork370v2 motor,,, check ebay
also alum dogbones
outdrive brass fittings
extra sets of diffs,,
diff shims to prevent grinding
a 60t spur
or a couple of 55t spurs
shocks... check brp on ebay
foam wheels.. if you really want to go fast on asphalt...

just my .02cents

quietfly
02-12-2005, 11:26 AM
thanks for the suggestions i'm checking out ebay right now.

-chris

alfred
02-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Im using the AE shocks and the dogbones which are beefy and i have yet to find any problems with it. (Thank God)
For the motor im using a Speed 300 with the Xray 300 motor heatsink.

quietfly
02-12-2005, 11:15 PM
So i went a littlt nuts today and picked up some stuff

FT arms for the front and rear
Lunsford ti-turn buckes ( i was going to go for the AE ones but the price for lunsford was the same and they are ti so i figured why not)
FT shock towers front and rear
Intergy 1/18 racing shocks.
FT steering block
FT rear hub carrier.

I was seconds away from purchasing a mamba brushless setup (i was having trouble deciding between the comp, and comp x) when my wife came into to see what was taking me so long. the shop owner wisely shoved everything into a small bag to help me complete my purchase of just a few small things. I have 30 days to explain how and what this charge is. heh heh.

Has anyone out there had any exprience with either the mamba comp x or comp, or any of the brushless setups in their rc18t . I know mondo is going with the comp (5400) I'm anxoiusly waiting to see him post an update on how that works out.

:)

I'll post pictures of my madness once i'm near done.

My 540 Lipo, and 480 sleeper are going to be jealous that i finish this project first as they gather dust ;)

-Chris

alfred
02-12-2005, 11:38 PM
the 540 and the 480 micros will understand, believe me i know since i got the RC18t it has bashed more then the others. I dont have to really worry about set up or breaking something like the others. I get too jump off of curves and make small ramps and jump them too. Just so much funner to just bash around. And please keep us posted and about the charge off dont know what to tell you lol, just take her to a nice dinner and tell her how much this hobby means to you. lol :D