PDA

View Full Version : Swaybars for the RC18?

Big-Kid
01-10-2005, 06:27 AM
What do you guys think about a swaybar for the RC18. I've seen them for a few other trucks like the Mini-T. Do you think it will be effective if I can get it in there? I have a set for another vehicle that I am installing, and then I started looking at my truck. Hmmm, I'm wondering if it needs a swaybar? I would think there will be some benifit when driving on-road, but what about off-road?

alfred
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
it will make sure that the other wheel stays planted on the ground on not so rough terrain. Need to at least try it out and see if it does benefit it.

Big-Kid
01-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the input, alfred. I was supposed to be putting the swaybars into my M18, but I took a look at the RC18 insted:p . The back isn't a problem, its the front that will need a little trickier install. Both will go in with just some extra screws and maybe 2 holes in the rear arms to mount. Other than that, everything fits. Except for the fact that the bars were meant for the M18.

I know with real trucks(and cars especially), the swaybars make a big difference. Just depending on the thickness of the bar. I would think with the higher roll center of the truck, a little more force on the inner wheel should help some.

alfred
01-11-2005, 05:52 PM
please keep us updated on the installement and take some pics while your at it. Might need it as a reference!!!!!!!!:D