PDA

View Full Version : Antenna

MoralThreat
12-28-2004, 01:22 AM
More I am driving this thing the more I love it. Except for one thing, the antenna. It just doesn't look "right" to me with that tube sticking up out of the top of the body. With a 1/10 it didn't bother me as much, but this is smaller. Anyone have any luck making an internal antenna mount using some scrap lexan?

BLiND
12-28-2004, 04:57 AM
you could do that, but I like the way the HPI micro RS4 optional titanium antenna looks on the mini cars.

Both methods of shortening the antenna can effect your range though

MoralThreat
12-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Would a Deans (http://www.wsdeans.com/products/antenna/2piece.html) 2 piece antenna work?

Big-Kid
12-30-2004, 05:08 AM
I've seen someones RC18 with the "lexan" antenna and I use it on my M18. It's not hard to do. Drill holes in the lexan and route the wire thru it. You just need to find a good spot to secure it to. You'll still have the hole in the body, if your using the stock one.

I chopped the tube ( a little more than half) on my RC18 and wound the wire once around the rx. Then it went up the mast and put the cap on. Worked out nicely. But like Blind said, it will affect your range.

mini-t man
01-15-2007, 02:11 AM
I did this:
1) cut the antenna tube(minus wire) at the top of the body where it comes out
2) using a peice of fuel tubing,reattach the two peices together
3) reinsert the antenna wire, capping it when it comes thru the tube.

mett FLEXTENNA...the best and easiest way to keep tubes from breaking...:)

alfred
01-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Well i for one love the look of the model with the antenna inside the body.......like everyone says the range will be decreased but if your just bashing and having a good ole time then i guess it doesnt matter.......just remember when doing this do not cut the left over antenna wire.:p

mentallylost
01-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Here's a pic of what I did with the excess wire after cutting the antenna tube in half on my RC18's. I just wrapped it around the top plate.

alfred
01-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Well i used the titanium antenna on mine and liked the way it looked. http://www.one18th.com/popupImage.php?pic=sgv.jpg&type=gallery

bumbaiboi808
01-16-2007, 12:28 AM
I did this:
1) cut the antenna tube(minus wire) at the top of the body where it comes out
2) using a peice of fuel tubing,reattach the two peices together
3) reinsert the antenna wire, capping it when it comes thru the tube.

mett FLEXTENNA...the best and easiest way to keep tubes from breaking...:)

I'm gonna try this one...My son loves to drive over his car with my Stampede when we switch cars. I go through antenna tubes almost as fast as charging battery packs!