PDA

View Full Version : 1st thread

rcdriver
12-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Theres no one talking about this truck? :confused: Its freakin awesome IMO. Having the ability to go from Truck to Monster Truck is the best part. I want one.

I havent heard of one but does anybody know the release date?

homer
12-16-2004, 12:34 AM
so what size battery cells does this beast take?

rcdriver
12-16-2004, 12:49 AM
It says 5 to 6 cell pack accomidation. Looks prob like 2/3 cells but I could be wrong...

I found more info here. (http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=180946)

bw762
12-16-2004, 03:12 AM
Most people are talking about the RC18T and it seems to be selling well. Xray got beat to the market so its going to have a tough time catching up.

But its nice that there is more than one competitive micro truck. The Mini-T really didn't have any competition until now. I can't wait to see the RC18 and M18 going at it in a race.

Mondo
12-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by homer
so what size battery cells does this beast take?

From my understanding, I believe it's a re-engineered M18, so the front/read drivetrain will be the same as the M18 and this may also apply to the chassis.
If so, then the standard M18 cell packs should work.
I had realy hoped that XRay would have removed the shroud of mystery and released this product by now.
Just think about how many sales XRay is losing to other small-scale truck manufacturers! Especially over Christmas which is usually a bumper period for RC sales!!!!

Perhaps they're learning a thing or two from PTI, a full year of hype before releasing it to the market! :p

rcdriver
12-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Xray is really taking a risk on this shrowed of mystery thing. If they keep it covered for too long, then people will go for the other trucks and not pay much attention to it. The RC18T is really gettin popular, which is hurting Xray. Eventually they will slide into the market but they will not have a good slice of the 1/18 scale truck pie.

Personally im tired of them not giving out the info. Why are they doing it?! :confused:
Also im still waiting for the Mini 777.

G_bruin
12-21-2004, 10:41 PM
I don't think Xray is as concerned with not releasing it to take advantage of the holiday season as they are with making sure that they release a quality product. Sales will come from having a a top notch truck out there to compete with the Mini-Ts and the 18T.

I, for one, am excited when it does come out!

Xtant3150c
12-24-2004, 09:17 PM
The one advantage that Xray still has over the other trucks out now is that it's a kit! So alot of people will like the fact that they can build it themselves and buy good electronics for it!

I hope that they are getting their distribution set up so that I can actually get parts for it once it's out!

jude26
12-27-2004, 11:21 AM
My top two choices were the M18T & the PTI truck. I got tired of waiting, so I bought a Mini Quake.
Taking so long to release it, IS hurting their sales....

oXYnary
12-27-2004, 12:50 PM
I think it only hurts sales of those impatient.. ;)

There was supposed to a be a real production picture up today on xrays site.. But the whole front page is stripped out last time I looked. I guess keep watching it during the day.

*crosses fingers it has spur gear cover at least, or back to rc18t*

jocktheglide
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
is that PTI even released yet? yeah just like them xray better be extremely good truck if not then the hype comes with disappontent.

MicroUK
01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Does any one know if Xray will be selling a M18T converstion kit for the M18?

Do you think the will make the wheel fittings the same as the Mini T & RC18T?
:D

savagedrifter
01-23-2005, 12:40 PM
IMO, the whole monster truck/stadium truck conversion is a gimmick. But, it's team Xray and they make goood products. We'll have to see the reviews.