PDA

View Full Version : RoseMont IL

Microoutlaw
10-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Hello guy's, I just got back from IHobby Expo in Rosemont IL. And i talked to the Guy's At HPI.They Had some new micro cars there.If i were you i would just wait on Hop Ups right now because the new cars are better then old chassie.and Xray aint got nothing on this new Kit.Also they have new boddies like Subaru Impresa stv. WOW it was a great time. Im now going to buy Monster truck to Run. Also the Team Associated 1/18th Is The truck for me.The name Losi mini t will be a thing of the past when this kit hit's the store's.I asked team associated when they would think about doing a 1/18th scale on-road. The way they made it sound it could be easly done with the new truck chassie. Cause it's based off the tc3 chassie but scaled down.Sounded like a hint to me.Take Care till we talk again. Everyone should try to visit this hobby show next year..

rcdriver
10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Did the HPI guys say anything about release date?

Microoutlaw
10-17-2004, 11:20 PM
He just said it would be very soon. i asked the same question. the body's should be out in a month he said or sooner. And as always the wheel wells are cut out. The subaru body was cool. I asked if i could get one that day. no was the answer.

RCRaceday
10-18-2004, 09:25 PM
There is some good coverage of the ihobby show on smallscaleracing.com. Gives briefs about about all the new trucks. We were there too and had hoped for something new in sedans fromHPI or XRay. Not this year.

Microoutlaw
10-19-2004, 12:53 AM
I guess you never talked to hpi.lol

MARK B.
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Microoutlaw---I was there as well and although I talked just briefly with a guy at the HPI booth,I was told nothing micro (chassis wise) was in the near future.

Assosiated 1/18th scale truck---I talked to 3-4 guys(at seperate times) at the AE booth and was told that the truck was originally designed as a mini TC3,but they for some reason (probably the Mini-t's success) decided to change it into a truck,and no micro TC3 is in the near future.(I have raced with a few of these guys and have little doubt that they were nothing less than 100% truthfull with me)

The HPI guys---I have no idea how true their statement was.(I have no personal experience with them)

Take my opinion for what it is worth.(one persons experience)Not as gospel.I don't mean to sound harsh,sorry if I sound that way.

Sebastion--- Any clarification on this would be apprciated.

Later,

Mark

rcdriver
10-23-2004, 01:06 PM
It wouldve been nice if they made a mini TC3 but it would be hard to compete with the m18. They could have done a convertable type of thing like Xray. With the success of the 1/10th scale trucks AE has made over the years, this is going to blow everything away.

Microoutlaw
10-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Im sorry for thinking you didnt believe me. But i talked to them and one guy could tell i was a 1/18th person, and he told me this.He was working at HPI's booth. Did you even look at the New BODY'S?????????????? Or were you looking at the savage ss?????????? Did you even ask about anything new? i did, and just give it time.you will see.

MARK B.
10-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Microoutlaw---I talked to a guy in the HPI booth briefly(2-3 minutes at most),and I asked if there was a new micro in the works and was told no.Now like I stated I spoke briefly in the booth so the guy might have been not as "forward" with me as I didn't go into depth about micro and he may have read me as a casual inquiry and not too serious about micro.(The more interested you seem the more info you can get.) As a X-ray owner I was more curious than interested.In all honesty I spent more time in the Parma booth than the HPI booth.I want Sebastion's take on the show as he had 4 days and I had 4 hours.You could ask 5 different guys and get 5 different responses.:cool:

see you at Indy slots,

Mark

Microoutlaw
10-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Dont read this anymore please. Tired of people trying to start arguments. Sorry if i said something you Missed at the Show. So please go away. No more ZIP IT! And for the non belivers just wait and see what happen's. I bet you will see the new Hpi bodies soon. New kit??? They just told me to watch and wait. And the guys i Talked to at Team Associated. Were the one's who said it would be real easy to make a tc3 micro. Im sorry i went to IHobby Expo. Next year ill leave it to the pro's.

MARK B.
10-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Microoutlaw---I wasn't trying to argue,just express what I heard.I personally believe in healthy discussion(in person or on the web).Who knows the "pro's" are known to visit some of the boards so maybe someone will set something in motion seeing how pasionate you and others are about micro.

I will let this drop as I was just going for some healthy debate/discussion and it got out of hand.:cool:

Next time I am at Indy Slots I will look you up so we can squash this and put it behind us. :)

Later,

Mark

MHANN
10-26-2004, 09:18 PM
come on guy's dont stop now
im gettin a beer and popcorn:D :D :D

Sabastian
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
OK, here is what I know. HPI DOES NOT "officially" have a new micro car under development. Remember, Hot Bodies, HPI's sister company, is getting ready to release the MiniZilla or whatever it's gonna be called, and I'm sure much of their R&D has been spent on that. There were a dozen guys working at the HPI booth and I know for a fact that they don't leak info to people outside the industry. Time will tell what they do. Maybe they have something under development in Japan that will hit sometime next year, but certainly nothing to argue about now.

As far as the AE truck. I have been told by a reputable source inside the industry that the RC18T was originally developed as a Micro TC3. They made the last minute change to a truck because of the 5 other 1/18th scale trucks being released this year.

Just everyone be patient... There are plenty of "small scale" RC cars and trucks coming out very soon! And I am sure that even more will follow! It's a good time to be into Micro RC!

S.

rcdriver
11-02-2004, 09:20 PM
In the past few months it looks like the companies has caught the 1/18 mini bug. Definitly more is coming out in the future. This frenzy reminds me of the T/E-maxx frenzy from a while ago. Perfect time to get into this awesome scale hobby if you havent yet.:)

Microoutlaw
11-03-2004, 03:12 AM
Well, I was only going by the person i was talking to. Also you said leak? Well how do you know im wrong?I want to ask you,are there going to be any new rs4 Micro bodies coming out. YES! I saw the Subaru wrx there.Like i said im not going on with this ,So Kill it,and watch.Oh if im right i do expect you to kiss my feet.lolgood night. Anyway im finished with Yourmicro.
www.1/18th.com for me from now on.

rockerboi
11-03-2004, 08:21 PM
hmm looks like i shouldnt of gotten a new mrs4 rtr a couple months ago lol oh well