PDA

View Full Version : blue/polished parts anyone?

vthondaboi
05-31-2002, 07:32 PM
OK people. I'm trying to make a blue and polished car. I got a blue Titanium chassis set from Hardcore coming inalong with chrome wheels from them. I know GPM has a lot of blue parts out and I will probably get only the X-shocks since I hear that quality from GPM is off and on. If anyone else can comment about their parts then please do. Other than them Eagle Racing seems to make a lot of blue parts. MicroRS4Racer.com has their catalog but don't carry any of their parts. Inetegy carries only a fraction of their parts too. Team Speedster has been out of stock for a while but he is looking into it for me. ANYONE else knows who sells Eagle Racing blue alloy parts for the micro? They got a cool new blue front one way and rear ball diff. out.

By the way has anyone here polished their purple or blue anodized parts to a chrome like shine? I heard trhat you should use EZ-off oven cleaner then buff it out. Has anyone tried it? Any pics of the results?

Mykroe
05-31-2002, 08:37 PM
I havve ez-offed some parts and it works well, you just have to polish it well when you are done. This shows how to do it: http://www.projecttwin.com/main.htm

Mykroe
05-31-2002, 08:38 PM
the link doesnt take you straight to the page. you have to click opn how to tehn goto strip anodizing.

vthondaboi
05-31-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks man, I found it. Well now for those damn blue parts....

Mykroe
05-31-2002, 10:08 PM
Search for micro rs4 on eBay you can find good parts there in blue...

vthondaboi
05-31-2002, 10:15 PM
I sell a lot of micro stuff on Ebay so I've searched repeatedly.... rather disappointing

Mykroe
06-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Oh what parts are you looking for? And whats your eBay username?

digiosity
06-01-2002, 12:57 PM
thoose blue parts on Ebay are made By GPM....aka ****

Mykroe
06-01-2002, 02:51 PM
C'mon they aren't total "****" they get the job done and they look decent.

JettaMan
06-01-2002, 03:14 PM
in anyone is lookin for the blue edition "X" shock setup for the front, heres a link for it on ebay, i bought a set, they are really cool looking in blue on the micro, its just that you have to tune and tinker with them a bit to get them to work perfectly, but when you do, they work nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1737279401

im not sure if that came out as a link or not, so if it didnt just copy and paste it to your HTML thing.

digiosity
06-01-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Mykroe
C'mon they aren't total "****" they get the job done and they look decent.

i beg to differ. The parts are complete crap.

digiosity
06-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by JettaMan
in anyone is lookin for the blue edition "X" shock setup for the front, heres a link for it on ebay, i bought a set, they are really cool looking in blue on the micro, its just that you have to tune and tinker with them a bit to get them to work perfectly, but when you do, they work nicely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1737279401

im not sure if that came out as a link or not, so if it didnt just copy and paste it to your HTML thing.

what do you mean by tune and tinker...What specifically did you have to do to get the shocks to fit?

Mykroe
06-01-2002, 07:14 PM
The shocks are very soft for the micro. You need harder springs. As for installing them I didn't have any trouble with putting them in.

HO502cid
06-01-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by digiosity

i beg to differ. The parts are complete crap.

And how many GPM parts have you ever used? I run the GPM X shocks, GPM driveshafts, GPM knuckles, GPM front bumper and the GPM rear oil shock. They perform perfectly for me and the rear oil shock is very smooth. The X shocks feel very good as well because I replaced the springs with a harder set. It is one thing to have an opinion but another to contradict Mykroe or anyone else when they say they like them.

p.s. vthondaboi - You can find a bunch of blue parts at www.integy.com Go to the catalog and open the Micro Parts area. They carry tons of blue parts.

TGRupert
06-01-2002, 11:56 PM
I have the knuckles and I like them.

Mykroe
06-02-2002, 12:08 AM
Thanks HO502cid, well said. And I agree isn't a driveshaft a driveshaft? I mean geez it's just a small machined peice of aluminum how could one brand be any better than another? If I equiped one car with GPM stuff and another with a brand you seem to prefer digiosity I bet you couldn't even tell a difference.

digiosity
06-02-2002, 12:14 AM
It Speaks for itself. And It isn't a one time mishap, GPm has a bad rep. it's hit or miss with GPM... sometimes you'll get parts machined well, sometimes not. I'm certainly not willing to take that risk

http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32963&highlight=GPM+BAD

Mykroe
06-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Look digiosity, I am not going to waste my time on this subject, we all are entitled to our own opinions. If you think GPM makes worthless parts then thats good and dandy but you don't need to tell us in such a harsh way calling them "****". If I think they are fairly good parts and occasionally are messed up then I will think that. See what I'm gettin at here?

vthondaboi
06-02-2002, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the tip on itegy but I already looked there. The parts I want are not in stock.

About GPM....their reputation is not good. I know some people who have had their parts fit great but also others that are less than par so to speak. The part I hear the most complaints about is that the X-shock needs to be trimmed to work right and the front lower gear box holder with the lower arms on it is machined off so that you have drag on the front.

If I can't find those damn Eagle products then I have no choice but to go for GPM or polish purple parts from other brands.

HO502cid
06-02-2002, 01:14 AM
Which parts are you looking for? I think I may know of a store that has whatcha need, here it is: DINBALL eSTORE. (http://mini-zone.dinball.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=22&SID=9c3509e12d96a1d609e397e1749bc498)

vthondaboi
06-02-2002, 01:17 AM
Yea I've been there. =) I've been to a lotta frigging shops. They have a rear shock for sale on ebay. The description says blue. Two of the three pics are blue and one is silver, I ask if I would get the blue on and they say we'll try?

www.micrors4racer.com, has the whole catalog of Eagle stuff but they don't sell any!!!!

Beat13
06-02-2002, 02:44 AM
I am polishing some of my parts, turning out pretty good but some would be very tough to do well like the knuckles. Anyone know a good place to host pics? I am very bad at that stuff.

HO502cid
06-02-2002, 04:21 AM
Go to www.theforumisdown.com

I am sure you can find the "Upload" button.

MicroDude
06-02-2002, 09:23 AM
digiosity, what's yer problem? if you dont like the parts, then don't buy em! don't make a big f*ckin deal out of it just cause someone says they aren't "****" or "total crap"

digiosity
06-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Look digiosity, I am not going to waste my time on this subject, we all are entitled to our own opinions. If you think GPM makes worthless parts then thats good and dandy but you don't need to tell us in such a harsh way calling them "****". If I think they are fairly good parts and occasionally are messed up then I will think that. See what I'm gettin at here?

Someone's a bit touchy? you have a special bond to all your parts dont you?

I can't believe someone would call me "harsh" for calling a part bad. I mean, If you like them fine, But it's obvious that GPM has some major issues in machining. I am entitled to call them **** becuase I was able to avoid problems through the misfortune of others. It saved me a lot of time and money.

And no I dont see where your getting at. How could you recommend a product that isn't proven to be perfect. If you spend money on a product, it should be perfect. Why should I have to waste time and money on a "****ty", badly machine part? Please, Recommend the the product with a warning. For me to Give a company money, by supporting them and buying their products, they should, in the very least, make satisfactory products. Sorry if im a believer in old ethic, but I will only support ( in that means buying their products and recommending them) if they return the favor by making good parts.

But for you to get offended by me calling parts (after all, they are ONLY JUST PARTS) ****, well, that's just sad.

Mykroe
06-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Look I give, I will think what I want you can think waht I want. And Microdude that's what I am saying.

digiosity
06-02-2002, 12:00 PM
Look I give, I will think what I want you can think waht I want. And Microdude that's what I am saying.

Well, read my post alittle more in depth. you obviously don't get the point.

It's extremely narrow minded to say that.

Woody
06-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Maybe I'm wrong here, but this post was for information on parts. If somebody want's to post "buyer beware" or something like that (true, maybe he should have worded it a little more nicely) then I don't have a problem with it. I spent $55 dollars for a Dynamite (also a GPM part) front one way that didn't even make it through a heat of racing. I'm sure that there are people out there who just adore these parts and they should be allowed to post too. I mean really guys, wasn't this post for parts that are just pretty anyway? He never said he was going to go all out racing with it.

digiosity
06-02-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Woody
Maybe I'm wrong here, but this post was for information on parts. If somebody want's to post "buyer beware" or something like that (true, maybe he should have worded it a little more nicely) then I don't have a problem with it. I spent $55 dollars for a Dynamite (also a GPM part) front one way that didn't even make it through a heat of racing. I'm sure that there are people out there who just adore these parts and they should be allowed to post too. I mean really guys, wasn't this post for parts that are just pretty anyway? He never said he was going to go all out racing with it.

fair enough.

The conversation sparked because he was looking for BLue parts. i as well am looking for blue parts. Very few companies make blue parts for the micro, GPM being one of them

Woody
06-02-2002, 04:05 PM
THe thing that everybody has to keep in mind about these things is that we as consumers have to generate the interest for such parts, color, quality or whatever the case may be. I'm sure that if HPI was pelted with enough email they would make blue parts. I'm sure that if GPM was pelted with enough email, they would make better quality parts. Or the flip side of the coin is that if you stopped buiying the parts from that company all together, that would be another way of making a statement. It's all up to us as consumers to tell the parts companies what we want.

yourmicro
06-04-2002, 12:09 AM
If I can't find those damn Eagle products then I have no choice but to go for GPM or polish purple parts from other brands.

Wait! Before you settle for purple, we can get every single Eagle product for you straight from Japan! Just let us know what parts you need and we'll see what we can do (email us).

Anyone know a good place to host pics? I am very bad at that stuff.

Beat13, you can attach pics to any post using the Attach button.

TGRupert
06-04-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by yourmicro
Wait! Before you settle for purple, we can get every single Eagle product for you straight from Japan! Just let us know what parts you need and we'll see what we can do (email us).

Wait! Eagle products come from Japan? that's a really misleading name. Do they even have eagles in Japan? are they exactly the same as some other brand just anodized blue?

vthondaboi
06-04-2002, 07:39 AM
Well Integy does distribute them. I think it's more like Integy rebadging the Eagle stuff as their own.

GrAfiX
06-04-2002, 10:11 AM
I don't think GPM is that bad... I have my whole front end GPM and none of the threads were stripped or anything.. you have to remember Alluminum is pretty soft especially threads and can strip just like plastic... also I jump the curb in front of my house repeatedly and havn't broke anything and no problems...

Also I'm pretty sure that Eagle and all those places are the same parts... The Lower Sus. Arm Plate looks exactly like the GPM one... and I'm assuming there is someone in Hong Kong/Japan making these parts and distributing them to all the other companies.. (eagle, dynamite, GPM) all these places and more...

Just cause it's alluminum doesn't mean you can beat the crap out of it and tighten the screws super tight.. if your woried about threads use locktite...

There are Faulty parts from just about every company it's just GPM sells tons more quantity than the others so they are getting the bad Rap cause they sold them first and the most of them so obviously are gonna have the more Manufacture defects...

Nuff said

JettaMan
06-04-2002, 07:55 PM
i have a buncha GPM stuff and it all works great, so dont diss it unless u have had some major problems.

"tune and tinker"=i just made a few tiny adjustments to the arm's ball cup ends until it worked perfectly.

JettaMan
06-04-2002, 07:57 PM
word, GrAfiX, :p