PDA

View Full Version : how capable is TLT in stock form

pomme de terre
05-09-2004, 08:26 PM
i still havent got my TLT yet.. and still have some questions

how capable (climbing wise) is TLT in stock form?
will it be able to climb a micro?

how capable is it compared to a mini t.. cuz mini t doesnt seem capable... gets stuck far too often

basically, what things can a stock TLT handle, and which things are a no no

also, ill be runing against a mini t.. so how fast is a TLT with about a 19t motor compared to a mini t with s300?

killernow
05-10-2004, 03:38 AM
for me the stock tlt is a good ON-road truck... little wheels, unlocked diff, high c.g., ... need some mod for rockcrawling ...
see my setup at http://album.foto.virgilio.it/killernow (tlt section) now it work well:D :D :D
mini T is a stadium truck tlt is a monster the first is for great speed and jumps the secon is for crawling.
with 300, 7.2V and stock electronics is more faster, 19t on tlt is a good choice.
Hehehe my tlt with 3:1 reduction arrive at 8/9kmh

pomme de terre
05-10-2004, 06:43 PM
well i dont really like stadium trucks for some reason and really like rock crawlers... and i was afraid that TLT would not climb very well because it just doesnt look like it can climb well without modding...:rolleyes: and i wont have any money for modding after buying a TLT

so mini t with 300 and 6 cells is faster than 19t TLT?
i dont care a lot about speed as long as its not hell slow and can climb decently...

slugbugg
05-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Have you looked at the venom mini giant? ($99 to $130 depending on location)
reasonbly fast, 4wd, with its main drawback being it's very stiff suspension springs.I like running it way more than my mini-T which is kind of boring unless you have other people to race with but the mini giant can be fun just climbing over things by itself.

I love mine and plan on getting a second one ASAP and since I got it I havnt ran my TLT or even started building my second TLT.

killernow
05-11-2004, 02:51 AM
The extra cost are wheels, my alu parts are not essentially, long wheel base is not expansive you need only 2 shaft, lock diff are not a problem (I've used hot glue) and you can create many custom parts or cut the stock chassis or...... if you like crawling the tlt is better

You know a place where I can find the single tlt axle? I have a project but I need these parts:(

Racer240
05-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by pomme de terre
well i dont really like stadium trucks for some reason and really like rock crawlers... and i was afraid that TLT would not climb very well because it just doesnt look like it can climb well without modding...:rolleyes: and i wont have any money for modding after buying a TLT

so mini t with 300 and 6 cells is faster than 19t TLT?
i dont care a lot about speed as long as its not hell slow and can climb decently...

pomme de terre, slugbugg is right, the Venom MG is an awesome truck for the price that you can't beat. I have one and I love it. Don't be fooled when others say it's "cheap plastic". It's very tough. And the hex7 pack is great, a wheelie bar is a must, and it's great for climbing since it has 4wd. The stock motor is good for climbing with a lower tooth titanium pinion. The optional fireball 370 aka mab 370 has been said to have a huge increase of speed and torque compared to the stock motor with. Oil shocks are coming out that use the already released venom spring set or you can use GPM oil mini t rear shocks. Bearing set is needed because the drive train is sorta tight at first but after you install the set, it will make a huge difference.

As you can probably see by now, Venom MG is great out of the box for a reasonable price. Which leaves a lot of money left for many mods including some very basic homemade modifications. The way I see it, the MG is your match :)

pomme de terre
06-06-2004, 08:05 PM
dont think ill be geting a MG... but on more question
are TLT's capable of drifting :p ?

Fringo
06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
LOL. Well, anything's possible under the right circumstances I guess. :D

As for the potency of the TLT-1, my girlfriend's TLT-1 in stock for was kinda boring, so I'm overhauling it with some mods. You can make it a real hardy crawler without too much sweat IMHO. As for quality, it's Tamiya. Everything fit together like well, a Tamiya kit. ;)