PDA

View Full Version : vertical motor mount

Nomak
04-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Are u guys at xray working on the release of a veritcal motor mount as seen on www.one18th.com.
If u have a look there(but I think you already now what I'm talking about) you will notice a sweet hand made mount that allow to save space on the chassis and to get the motor cooler if you do a hole in the body.
Now I'm not an engineer but I don't think moving the engine so high will affect so seriously the low cg.
You know I love this car it's so funny and so powerfull at the same time I think you at Xray rised the bar up in 1/18 scale racing, so please give us nice custom part to let your customers have fun while we are seriously tuning this car with original Xray upgrades.
I trust your tests!
thank u

oXYnary
04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Now I'm not an engineer but I don't think moving the engine so high will affect so seriously the low cg.

It will though. The 180 might be fine, but 280 and beyond, its gonna lean alot in the corners.

havy
04-19-2004, 07:19 AM
:o .....:rolleyes: ............

Sure, go ahead and beat it down w/o trying it.:rolleyes:

:o havy:o

MicroChoady
04-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Mine works fine with the vert mount.
I finished 3rd at the last Hobby People race.
And that was because I was sloppy , not because
of and body/chassis roll.

oXYnary
04-19-2004, 10:18 PM
I have a nother idea that aint gonna be popular.

2 additional support bearings. 3.8 mm universals..

Anyone get an idea of what Im thinking of here? Yep, the motor on the bottom with the spur on top.

Also along with this a shot gun chassis with the 3 cells inline split/running vertically along the shaft.

{3cells}
--shaft--
{3cells}

picture

{ }{ }{ }
=======
{ }{ }{ }

The problem is were to fit the receiver and esc?