PDA

View Full Version : Off-road setup

Mini-T_Driver
04-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Hello i searched and couldnt find what i was looking for and was wondering if anyone has a specific offroad setup? I mean what tires, rims, shocks, what holes to put the shocks in? i have 1:10th stuff but im not sure what to do with these mini-t's. i no they are great for off-roading stock but i want the best setup for handling rough terrain. im not going to be rock crawling or anything, im just going to drive on my dirt track with obstacles and some what banked turns. Any help would be appreciated!

marc111
04-10-2004, 09:25 PM
well, if you have a 1/10 truck or buggy go that way, and just go nuts realy...
evereything stock in a min-t realy s**ks if you ask me, but mines preety much done, so im happy lol with it.
first what you will need is maybe a few extra streering servos, there cheap and run at 14 dollers a peice, these may blow after awhile...
i got the oil shocks with trinity 20P oil in them, with the soft soft springs int he fron and stiff stiff for the back,
for a motor..ill tell you know, its going to fry, i went with the trinity monster motor wich ran at 32 dollers,
i got the bearins wich i change frequently, since the dirt,
for alloy peices i got the mini-t set up with as much alloy its coming out with since i do jump and rock crawl, try to get alot of alloy peices near the motor since maybe some possible damage on offroad, i also have the team losi 7.2 battery pack, and the monster tires on it, yellow rims,
all of this above is ALOT of money,,:) ,, but its nice, it runs about 19.5mph on my offroad strait away, wich broke record at my track, and at the carpet track next door, i put the foams on and and changed the bearings, it actualy ran 27.2 mph which also broke the record, for a 1/18 at my track, im starting to go beyons with it as in even testing wing angles,,
i kinda went the same way as speeed does, lol, is a fast car,

Mini-T_Driver
04-10-2004, 09:46 PM
i already have one of the best packs out there and a monster motor comming from my sponsor so that should help for speed:D

troll
04-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by marc111
i put the foams on and and changed the bearings, it actualy ran 27.2 mph which also broke the record, for a 1/18 at my track,

Noones brought out a 540 micro? :)

Troll

night_racer
04-12-2004, 06:56 PM
For batts, deff go with KANS, you can find them pretty cheap at www.blindbatts.com, as for motors there are a lot of very nice motors out there... I belive there is alrady a thread on that.. you might want to check that out... I have thew orion baja, and the scorpion... the scorpion was half the proice, and fly circles around orion's baja...

Mini-T_Driver
04-13-2004, 12:26 AM
i just ordered some GPM oil shocks and some bearings off ebay, should have them in a week or two. and the batteries and motor should come wednesday or thursday.... so ill try all this out and tell you how it goes. thanks for the help!