PDA

View Full Version : Anybody parking lot race in San Diego?

G'ZOX
04-05-2004, 05:31 PM
i don't really have time to get up to Poway on the weekends to race at Hobby Central, but was wondering if anybody would be down to tear around some parking lots around 6pm during the week.

I've got an M18 with a K3 big block and would like to run it against some people.

thanks!

Intelligentsia
04-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Non prepped parking lots just plain suck.

I really don't want to spend two hours cleaning my car after driving around.

This is why I stick to the track.

If you want other people to drive with, you need to make a conscious effort to come out and race.

MOTEK RACING
04-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Sometimes it is a drag to go to the race track on weekends because you spend so much time waiting around. I think we were at HobbyCentral for about 7 hours Saturday for a whole 30 minutes of micro driving. The bang for the buck is pretty good because you have the controlled race invironment and spectators to get some excitement going but sometimes the day gets really long.
Any way good luck for your search. Some of the best people to bash around with are co-workers or fellow students- which ever you happen to be!

karlo511
04-06-2004, 09:53 AM
head up to the next la mirada race on the 18th. that's the next one we should going to.:D

yeah, sometimes it sucks waiting around for your heat to come up, but it's fun when your up there racing!!

G'ZOX
04-06-2004, 04:32 PM
between the "high maintenance" girlfriend, video games, surfing, partying etc. I just don't think i'll find the time to race on a nice saturday or sunday afternoon. I'll try sometime tho. it may mean dumping some other hobbies tho..

Intelligentsia
04-06-2004, 06:08 PM
You gotta prioritize! This should be your number one priority:D

ALapDown
04-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Keep the hobbies, dump the high maintenance gf...and whatever you do, DON'T marry her!!!:p Just funnin' here guys, just funnin'. Long waits...Toyota race last year...I'm sure Mike remembers!:( Close to 30 heats, wasn't it?!?

Intelligentsia
04-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Speaking of Toyota races... Are they going to do that again this year?

I guess in the mean time I will wait until April 18 for La Mirada.

karlo511
04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by G'ZOX
between the "high maintenance" girlfriend, video games, surfing, partying etc. I just don't think i'll find the time to race on a nice saturday or sunday afternoon. I'll try sometime tho. it may mean dumping some other hobbies tho..

if you really want to race you have to compromise. driving by yourself back and forth gets old.

Majic Man
04-07-2004, 01:06 PM
As the day's start to get longer now we should be able to come up with some fun local parking lot racing. I dont know about 6pm though. For some of us that may be tough depending on what time we get off of work or school.

I think the biggest hurdle would be find a parking lot that we could run at that didnt have traffic. I would be willing to bash around if I knew ahead of time what we were doing.

I have some small cones that we could use to setup a makshift track to run around. I think I have live 7 or 8 of them, but they are cheap to buy if we needed more.

If you decide to try it out let me know and I will run if I can.

G'ZOX
04-09-2004, 08:21 PM
anytime after 6 would be fine during the week. i'm gonna install those HPI LED's on my M18 soon so I'll be able to keep an eye on it at night. i'm down anytime.

Intelligentsia
04-09-2004, 08:24 PM
How about today?

G'ZOX
04-11-2004, 05:07 PM
sorry for the late reply bro- i don't have my ESC yet, so I'm gonna be able to race sometime next week. you got my number dude, so just give me a ring.
what do you know about Li-Po batteries? i think i might get one from United RC, you think they're good?

Intelligentsia
04-11-2004, 05:09 PM
I don't run them.

G'ZOX
04-12-2004, 11:49 AM
how come? they seem smaller and they have longer run times.. so are they not good or what?

Intelligentsia
04-12-2004, 11:52 AM
They are cool. I am not ready to make the switch.