PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre Plate

bryan
04-01-2004, 02:09 AM
Errr... any idea where could I get a cf plate. I wanna to make a custom build chassis for my m18.

Thanks

xDS-i
04-01-2004, 07:54 AM
here (http://www.google.com):D

but most likely here http://www.penguinrc.com/ordering/quickshop/other_quickshop.html

havy
04-01-2004, 09:39 AM
I got mine through penguin rc;)

havy

bryan
04-01-2004, 09:45 PM
What is thickness for cutting an m18 chassis?:)

havy
04-02-2004, 01:09 AM
I used 1.5mm w/o upper plate and seems to be a good compromise between flex a rigidity. ut I think alot of people are making thier custom chassis thicker;)

My recomendation, don't go below 1.5mm

havy

nickcacc
04-02-2004, 05:56 AM
havy.... i asked this on another thread but what did YOU use for the rear shock mount, where the shocks sit on the little ball cups on the standard chassis ? Did you make up a piece or what ?

havy
04-02-2004, 06:49 AM
I took the origional chassis, placed it bottom to bottom w/ my new CF chassis, drilled a hole through the center hole for balancing on the origional chassis, and cut the origional chassis off at this side, and glued it to the chassis setting it center by using a screw in the drilled hole where the balancing hole used to be.

I was origionally going to put a bumper on the rear but the part never came in at the LHS so I went this other route. I eleminated the set screws in the rear(droop) and ended up with a little stiffer suspension in the rear and increased ride hieght( few mm). I run on asfalt tracks, w/ BL motor as fast as I can take it,(play around w/ the 1:10 scale guys). All these features actually gave me some desireable benefits for my perpose:p

The car handles pretty good at the speed I take it:D

Ohh, and of course the vert motor mount does wonders for balancing and handleing.

havy

bryan
04-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanx guys.....getting my buddy who is on assigment in the USA to get me da material needed and bring them to me on his return to Malaysia. Can't get them over here. The lhs would charge an arm and a leg from them.

Respekt
04-02-2004, 11:43 PM
yea 1.5 is about right. I got mine from ipd.