PDA

View Full Version : Ice Blue 540.

desslok
03-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Whoot I just put my order in for my Ice Blue 540 Kit.
Man I am so stoked. It would have been Awsome if you had a red color option hell I would pay another 20.00 to get that color.

aktiondan
03-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Are you talking about red carbon fiber? We have the ability to do the chassis in red, but probably never will because it's not all that popular. There are always a few people here or there who would buy one, but not enough to justify an entire stock of them. I should get your chassis shipped tomorrow.

desslok
03-15-2004, 08:23 PM
how much Xtra would it cost to have you do a one off in red ?

aktiondan
03-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Let's just say, too much to consider at this point in time. All the SSG material is custom made, and made in huge sheets. You'd have to buy the whole sheet, and then pay for the cutting of a single car. It could be done, but I wouldn't want to do it. You'll like the ice blue though. It looks even better in person than it does in the pics.

desslok
03-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Well I supose I will just have to go with Blue goodies..

Pout :rolleyes: I still want a red one ..

thx for shiping it out quick.

Twawsi2
03-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Just got my ICE BLUE today, let the building begin!

aktiondan
03-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Cool, it looks like most people who ordered during the pre-sale have received their chassis. Don't forget to take some pictures of your completed Hybrid so you can show it off. I think we'll see some good looking setups this time around. :)

desslok
03-22-2004, 04:22 PM
picked up my kit 2day it really looks nice. I am going to enjoy puting this bad boy 2gether.

question I plan on useing a stock motor 27 turn and want to gear it up so my pinnon is going to be pretty big,there might be enough room to fit one of the metal axel carrier's . has anyone used a metal axel carrier with these kits or does anyone make one for the 540 kit ?

rcdriver
03-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I was searching on ebay and i saw a new chassis and it was from aktion rc. when i clicked on it i saw the best lookin chassis since the IPD 140.

it looks so nice!!!!!!!!

I want INSANE speed so im goin with a 540 brushless system if it can fit. :D :D :D Does anybody know what lehner motor will fit in this chassis if any do?

xDS-i
03-22-2004, 06:54 PM
LMT Basic 4200
LMT 1920
LMT 1515

aktiondan
03-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by desslok
question I plan on useing a stock motor 27 turn and want to gear it up so my pinnon is going to be pretty big,there might be enough room to fit one of the metal axel carrier's . has anyone used a metal axel carrier with these kits or does anyone make one for the 540 kit ? Chris and I both have used the GPM aluminum axle carrier which does work fine. Most of the aftermarket carriers have the 180 motor plate already attached (it's just all one piece) so most of them do not fit. But the GPM one does because it maintains the original axle carrier's mechanical design, so our 540 motor plate fits on it fine. You need to modify it though, just like you would the stock carrier. Which can be harder since it's aluminum and not plastic. But it can still be done, and I think it does look a bit better than the plastic one. However, we don't see any real performance benefit over the stock carrier. And if you plan on gearing up with a 27-turn stocker, then you shouldn't need to grind too much off the front of the carrier. Good luck.

desslok
03-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Blind, I dont see on your website an option to buy a pack for the 540 conversion is that somthing your not making anymore ?

thewolf
04-14-2004, 03:51 PM
I am almost done w/ my ice blue conversion and have got to say it looks beautiful. Like dan said the gpm axle fits just fine and i have got to say it looks much nicer than the black stock one. I also added the titanium GPm one way which has a 4mm titanium axle instead. this means the 3mm spacer that comes w/ the aktionchasis did not fit. I just replaced that w/ a 4x8 bearing and it worked out alright. my only thing left b4 i post my ptr is to get some darn aluminium wheels on this thing!!!! i just cant justify spending this much $$$$ on this car and going plastic. :(

xDS-i
04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
im actually going plastic from aluminum:D at least it has some resilience:rolleyes: :D If I could I"ll use some delrin CNRs:cool:

troll
04-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by thewolf
I am almost done w/ my ice blue conversion and have got to say it looks beautiful. Like dan said the gpm axle fits just fine and i have got to say it looks much nicer than the black stock one. I also added the titanium GPm one way which has a 4mm titanium axle instead. this means the 3mm spacer that comes w/ the aktionchasis did not fit. I just replaced that w/ a 4x8 bearing and it worked out alright. my only thing left b4 i post my ptr is to get some darn aluminium wheels on this thing!!!! i just cant justify spending this much $$$$ on this car and going plastic. :(

As quick as you'll go through tires, you'll be thankful they are plastic.

That and something somwheres gotta give. might as well be the plastic wheels.

Troll

Twawsi2
04-17-2004, 07:13 PM
So one month after getting my ICE BLUE chassis, I have finished. Short of the body, it's done and I'll test tomorrow (weather allowing). Here's what I got...

Associated Reedy Spec 19T motor
Futaba 330CR Speed controller
Airtronics MX3 radio/receiver
HPI rear ball diff
VCS rear shock
GPM entire front end
One way front diff
HS-81 Hitec MG
Hpi dual link tie rod
TRC Micro foam tires mounted on chrome plastic wheels

And soon adding a RAD Mercedes CLK-GTR body…..my second attempt ever at painting.

Here's a pic so far.

Twawsi2
04-17-2004, 07:50 PM
whoops, wrong pic...

I know I know..the solder job isnt too nice looking but it'll get better with experience.

Here's another pic