PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my gearbox?

wicket75
02-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey all,

I am wondering if I have a problem in my gearbox. After assembling, I noticed I have at least 2 mm of play in the upper pully area. Is that by design? I also have about half that much with the diff between the plates. If you look at my pic, you will see what I am talking about. I don't think there is enough room for the belt to slip off the teeth, but anyway...

What do you think? Is anyone else's like this?

Thanks

Duffman
02-17-2004, 12:52 AM
I would totaly rebuild it, that happened to me the first time I built it and it ended up giving me so much resistance that the speed control shut off. Looks like one of the parts might be flip-floped.

wicket75
02-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Well...it doesn't feel like there is any resistance to the movement at all. It just doesn't look at tight fitting as I think it should. I have reviewed the instructions over and over again looking for a mistake and I can't find one.

I guess I will just go with it and see if I have any run problems. I will rebuild it anyway when someone comes up with a better chassis...

Gracias

GreenHoverCraft
02-19-2004, 01:36 AM
does the slop stay with the other plate on as well?

I had the same prob till i put the other half on...

the shaft and the diff slightly force the the two black pieces apart... as well as screwing them in...

try putting the 2nd plate on an see if it makes a difference.

wicket75
02-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the tip. When I get the other plate on, I will post.